1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Assume you have read the last update here: Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

It is pretty clear what will be in v1.6. IMSA licensing with a giant logo of the current race series! That would logically mean some more cars and tracks that are related to this series. Graphics and LiveTrack updates were discussed...those will be applied to all cars and tracks. Tire/physics updates that you already have a preview of for the SC 2024 and F-Ultimate G2 will be applied to all vehicles. All that is right there from two months ago.

Reiza is a nimble team, but they can't change plans of this magnitude on a dime, so the 1.6 update will contain what Reiza has already told everyone it will contain. No need to speculate.

Of course, Reiza also likes to continually flesh-out and improve any/all content in the game, so large updates often contain some of that, too. That could be literally anything from an existing series, existing track, or some other structural aspect of the game itself.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

To improve performance in 3D rendering only certain sides of a triangular surface are drawn. In the old days we would calculate the normal of a triangle to see if it was aimed towards or away from the camera. If it was towards the camera (positive vector) it was rendered, if it was away from the camera (negative vector) it was not. Further, the normal was calculated according to the order of its vertices, so if both sides of something need to be rendered, the triangle was defined twice - once for each side. These days lots of tools do this for us, but the internal techniques used by the GPU are very similar. Any side of a face which is usually hidden will not be defined as it just eats computation time and generally provides no benefit. For bits that break off in my amateur Unity work, I actually switch objects from one with otherwise occluded external faces as "see through" (defined on only one side) to another object with all external faces defined. The only way I found to do this quickly (removing one object and replacing it with another) was to keep a stash of the fully defined objects hidden below the ground and swap them with the originals. If you free-moved through the landscape you would be able to see a pile of objects hidden there. :)
    It is such a common situation I am sure there is a better way built in, but my Unity skills are quite raw.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Thats all very good to know, and kindda what I expected, wich is excellent. But I mean, I want to have a dev update to read, its always a very good read ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We all love them, but trust me, you want Renato's focus on the actual update more than on the story about it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But one must not forget that the Dev Updates are good advertising for AMS2, as they are distributed far beyond the Reiza forum. It should therefore be seen as favorable marketing. That's why I'm also a fan of dev reading.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

100%!

I am very happy with the state of the game. Also happy with how Reiza commits to producing a solid product that shows great respect to its customer base. I cannot think of another title where the head honcho chimes in occasionally to give behind the scenes updates. It is clear that Renato etal truly respect us sim racers. We will get better results with positive feedback.

And at the end, there is always cheese!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shuar

Shuar New Member

Even though i have more than 2k hours in AMS2, plus having bought 8 copies of the game for a couple of friends.

Glad to see that this forum is being used for elitists only, when the fact that a normal user/customer stating that hes dissapointed is worth so much negative feedback.

The fact that its my first post in 4 years, doesnt mean that I am less entitled of sharing my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Shuar

Shuar New Member

Exactly this!

• Like Like x 1
  9. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All I can say is that if you've been around here for that long when it comes to updates, dev updates and time frames given vs reality you should be fully aware of the score by now. This is just how it is. It's extremely unlikely that it's ever going to change and when you hear a specific date given you should do yourself a favour and immediately disregard it and definitely definitely not commit to memory. It is of course totally fine for you to vent about it, it's just ultimately a fruitless endeavor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Biggest change is in the physics, cars drive very differently now. Now can i have my ten bucks?

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Honestly. Stop talking about beta developments in public forums.
    This just makes others impatient and irritable.

I've been driving around in simulations for almost ~30 years. I have never seen a developer develop their product so quickly and diligently.

And at the same time a community that is screaming for more, more, more.

Basically, the Reiza team (as well as other developers) are our colleagues, buddies, friends. And you don't put a knife to your friend's chin because they're half an hour late for their appointment. You smile and say, “Typical Reiza,” but they always bring something great with them that keeps this friendship alive.

We throw some money into the pot and demand that Reiza be a good friend. But you don't buy good friends, you give each other time, space and patience to express yourself properly.

For me, Reiza is not a ****ing Excel spreadsheet. They also have soul.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol who’s going to attempt to recreate this livery?

upload_2024-5-21_19-11-33.png
    upload_2024-5-21_19-11-52.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

While i am very excited to hear any news from what is coming out in the next update i also agree it is not a good idea to be writing any information nor even any hints about stuff in the beta because then people will only want to only know more and more and it will never stop.

Do i want to know what is coming up in the next update ? Yes, mega hungry to find out ! But we will all find out in due time:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Turbo Granny

I dont know if I like it or hate it, but speaking of special liveries, that Senna tribute from Mclaren for Monaco is a big hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like they just gave spray paint cans to a teenage gang and said "Go ahead do your worst"...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It’s missing something though to be made by teenagers

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Turbo Granny

I was waiting to see that livery and ended up disappointed, but what could I expect from current BMW...

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the explaination, but I knew that already :) They're also not rendering the part of the track that is out of view, which is why mirrors eat into the FPS because it's additional rendering of track parts that don't have to be rendered otherwise. R3E had an issue with object culling on triple screens that you had to set a launch parameter in Steam to circumvent. May still be there actually ^^

It still breaks my immersion when objects are see-thru that really shouldn't be, even if it's just in the event of a crash. I can tell it's not intentional because tires on other cars render correctly when torn off. The F-Classic Gen4 McLaren had a similar issue where you could see through the rims from the inside while driving, that got fixed I think.

19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll be the one to say it, I actually like it. If anything because it's so different from what you'd normally see on a racecar without being too pretentious like some of their other art cars.

edited-2.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg

Like say what you will... atleast it doesn't have "protect me from what I want" written on it, nor does it have a picture of the car itself on the sides. Even as someone who loves pretentious art-nerd bull-crap, those are just... too much, they feel very corporate and 'fake deep'. Meanwhile with this car it's colorful and chaotic, feels much more alive.

240424_1325_BMW_Art_Car_Julian_Kroehl_3_4_Front_R_RGB.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turbo Granny

I agree with all that you said, but I dont know, the design is too much of a mess for me, only Peugeot has been nailing the colorful designs. I was expecting something like the M3 GT2 art car or the 3.0 CSL art car but i think i expected too much haha