Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Cannot expect something to be done and yet not put your money in to have it done. If not that, then why not try your hand at making liveries ? There are tons of tutorials online and it is not as difficult to make something at least semi-decent, it is only about giving it time if you want it to look really good and more complex.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I'm not shy with spending money, I can chip in, but sponsoring the whole set is beyond my financial capabilities.

There are plenty of sets (like plenty of NASCAR style for various series ;) ) available for free. I've left it as a suggestion if someone wants an inspiration for a set, not as a demand.

I've done few liveries in my life too and released them free as well, but as I said - it's not a demand, so apologies if it was read as such.

I love modders and their work and I often paid for their hard work.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. TomLehockySVK

Gave one a quick try.
    20240609154022_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

my feedback would be to have the racing number in a clubcard yellow circle and different font, and make it the price of a meal deal (aka a typical british lunch)

upload_2024-6-9_14-50-9.png

omg i wish i was competent at photoshop so i could help

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Lovely :eek:

And I agree, my initial idea with number plates (1.99) was flaky and @rmagid1010's idea would work better indeed.

It's unbelievable that this you can call a "quick try"! A livery for ETS2 I've done took waaaaay too many hours and there's no hope I could make those quickly enough! Good effort and skill @TomLehockySVK!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

(Deleted)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. TomLehockySVK

Those three colors are also in the exact order as my country flag. Therefore i do not plan to change it. Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png
    And this livery talk is not for this part of the forum either so we can end the conversation here for now.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone running the Ginetta G40Cup against the AI? Do you ever see AI tire smoke?

I ask as I've been doing a lot of running against them at Brands hatch GP for the past two weeks, every now and then I see the AI go into oversteer quite badly yet there's no tire smoke, if I do the same there's plenty. Then that got me thinking, I've not seen any tire smoke from them at all o_O I have both the Particle Level & Density set to High, using VR.

Any thoughts?

9. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am a couple of races from completing a full season with the stock car 2024. For the most part it as been an enjoyable experience. The AI have been challenging at most tracks, although I usually get the fastest lap time during a race they are very consistent where I am not. Apart from a few lock ups I never witnessed them making any mistakes. Their aggression on medium seemed about right although on some tracks they were definitely more reluctant to make moves, but the same was true for me.

Having raced many hours with this car with the updated tyres I can say that they are definitely an improvement over what came before although some refinement is definitely still necessary when trying to get a feel of driving on the limit. The differences in grip still feel too wide.

I have had a lot of time to fine tune my FFB settings, and have surprisingly discovered that even slight changes can make a real difference in feel over the course of a 50 minute race with various track conditions,tyre wear and fuel load. What may feel good/right in one scenario may not in others, so finding a balance for all conditions gives the best results.

The only thing that for me spoiled the experience is the way the weather is set in the pre-made custom championships. Having random weather is fine but it seemed it was either a completely dry session or some vacation of it raining. Never did a session start with no rain falling but still a varying degree of wet surface. Also conditions never passes on to the next session. Creating my own custom championships using the real weather setting gives a much more immersive experience.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

I experienced the same thing with the random weather. I drive the Porschecup with 2x30 minutes real time and random weather. But it appears to be a single weather slot. Every session stays the same from start to finish. Can anyone say whether this is due to the 30 minutes (real time) or whether the preset championships only have one weather slot? In a preset championship that has a 4 hour race, would you have four 1 hour weather slots?

11. Neto Soares

Neto Soares New Member

Where is the Mineirao circuit??

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Member

Around the stadium called Mineirão. Where the Germany 7x1 Brazil happened in 2014 world cup.

• Like Like x 1
  14. achus59

achus59 New Member

uuuuhh......:(
    since most of the people working at reiza are brazilian friends,
    we shouldn't create a bad atmosphere :whistle:
    greetings from germany :cool: :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I heard that "7:1" and "goal for Germany" became a saying in Brazil if something goes wrong. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

We all know the only reason Germany won that game against Brazil is because they wore the Flamengo uniform and tricked Brazilians to cheer for them. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Use Your Illusion

Use Your Illusion New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don´t agree with you, for obvious reasons hahahaha

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I have had changing weather in longer races, after the first hour, so I do think that 1 slot is used per hour.

When making a custom championship myself and using real weather, the weather can change at any time.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is a maximum of four weather slots available, so in a 4-hour race the most you could have is 1 slot per approximately every hour. I believe the slots are designed to transition within some range as opposed to exactly on the hour or half hour, etc.

When I run race weekends, I always get the variations I specify for timed P sessions and timed Q sessions. I don't go crazy with slots for relatively short races, but we can experiment to ensure that the weather slots are functioning in races set for a number of laps as well as timed. Just set a time of 20 minutes or the equivalent number of laps and use four slots (fill them in so you cannot mistake whether the transition is occurring) and see what happens. The problem if there is one could be race weekend versus championship...so let's confirm what is happening.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Not sure it it still applies, but I had a race, recently, where the weather changed after 10-15m or so. The race was not longer than a hour, probably 35m or 45m.
    It was a single race, not a championship, tho.
    I did try to start some championships in the past but AI shows very high strength differences across tracks and weather conditions, I give up.
    Too bad, because FCY and real weather are something that makes me enjoy AMS2 a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2