1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Was the weather set to random? I find with real weather I get changeable weather at any time during a race, but when using slots it seems fixed for the hour, at least in championship mode.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And how many weather slots were you using?

3. Marc Collins

How do you set weather to random without using slots? Or, if you use only one slot, do you expect it to change during the session?

4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am referring to pre-made custom championships that uses random weather, it doesn't show you how many slots its using.

If I make my own custom championship I usually use the real weather because it gives better results over a race weekend and during the race, than using random slots.

5. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

@Xzanman @Marc Collins
    With real weather, no slots are available.
    The randomness is an emergent property of "current date" ;).
    It's such a simple and effective concept, I cannot understand why don't ALL SIMS adopt it in design fase.

upload_2024-8-31_12-6-21.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Unfortunately the pre-made championships don't use real weather, but instead use random weather slots. This leads to a far less immersive experience, with sessions being one kind of weather or another and not carrying over to the next session.

I understand that the use of random slots for the pre-made custom championships were put in place to give variety when rerunning a championship. However if the option to use real weather and to set the date was put in place we could add our own variety when rerunning championships.

My own solution is to create my own custom championships and use the real weather option, but I cannot filter the rules and tracks when making these championships even though this is possible when setting up a single race.

Hopefully this will be rectified in the future, the championships are a great feature of AMS2 and keeps me interested in the sim, it really could do with some polish to make it a true gem that would make AMS2 stand out from other sims.

The ability to run these championships online with friends would really be an attractive feature for many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Of course RealWeather should have no slots...it's supposed to be real weather! We are referring to randomized weather--using the regular slots. The "random" choices should follow the same transition timing as if manual selections are used (but of course more difficult to verify when random could produce the same choice in two successive slots or pick two things that are barely distinguishable, etc.). The issue is whether multiple slots can be chosen or are being chosen in a championship...and is the game obeying them?

• Agree Agree x 1