1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Even in time trial you can improve yourself and it's just a challenge to see who's fastest. But in AMS2 you can't see how it's driven and if any aids were used. That sucks! A really good feature would be your advice to take the average time of the "normal tracks" (Nordschleife would last too long) and the overall time. And you are right that there are many people who just can manage one fast lap, but that's o.k. if it's their simracing heaven. I prefer doing races lasting 20 minutes and more without mandatory pitstop, without Full Course Yellow and full realistic settings and most important I like to drive them in my rig, not on a controller/pad or whatever these bones are called...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All ways to play the game are valid.
    (Except for intentionally wrecking people in multiplayer.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Thats a game mode I play a lot with friends "T-bone wrecking mode", and it is a valid way to have fun.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

This driving aid thing made me mad in online races several times, too.
    Recently, I did a race in the F_V12 and the host allowed all kind of aids (which this car should not have irl). I did drive without, but saw on the monitor in qualifying that there are players using them, which allows a complete different driving style, for instance standing on the brakes for a long time without locking them up.
    In race, I knew that those different styles would cause carnage in T1, because the players all have different braking points. So, I decided to drive to the side, let all drivers coming from behind pass me on first straight and see what is going to happen. Half of the field was out after T1 and left...
    Would be nice to have a filter for "authentic aids" when looking for a lobby. But I am off topic now, I guess. :whistle:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good point. Valid if there's consent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some good points you have there.
    I agree that it can be motivating to beat your (or others) laptimes. Used to love that in AC with RSR Live Timing…

However in order for this to work there need to be rules (Aids on/off etc). If that is not the case it is useless in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

Lola T70, Ferrari 512 and Porsche 917 confirmed.

;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

wrecking each other after race is one of big pleasure to resolve conflicts for every racers in my sim community. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. roemer7000

Every time you want you are welcome to my lobby. Full realism, maximum damage, no compromises! But also in my lobbies you have racers who don´t understand what it´s all about. Well, what is it all about in my opinion? First to have fun with the mates and just be clean and fair. We don´t earn money here if we collect one victory after the other. We also let those guys pass us by to get them in the next corner or somewhere else in the race. The thing is, that not many racers enter my lobby because of full realism. Mainstream drives ARCADE...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. roemer7000

@F_R said:
    However in order for this to work there need to be rules (Aids on/off etc). If that is not the case it is useless in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

It´s not useless, for yourself you know what your time is worth but unfortunately not 100% compareable. So let´s hope they will implement it soon...

• Like Like x 1
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean "useless" in the sense of having a competition/game between users. Of course you can always compare your own times but in order to be a motivating and fair part of the sim this is not working atm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think only realistic driving aids are ever allowed in time trial mode. However, it would be nice to see if someone drives with H-shift and manual clutch. I have been asking for this for years now. In pCARS2 you could already see this in a web leaderboard. Why Reiza can't do that is a mystery to me. Since the MP is already bad, you could at least shine here with some depth.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the smiley at the end of the sentence clearly suggests that there must be a Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo in the mix too! ^^

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember this one ...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

I think MADNESS Engine uses the OpenWeatherMap API

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem is leaving damage on just empowers the psychos. I love the challenge of full damage, rating on, and accelerated usage/wear, but it takes one idiot backmarker to undo 5-6 races worth of good, clean performances. I wish there was a better safety system. I know stuff like RCO exists, but with how dead the lobbies are and the time commitment to growing your rank when there's more fun open lobbies/leagues, I just wish the vanilla game had a system that better encouraged safe racing.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Does it really matter for anyone else than yourself if you dont understand why others does prefer running TT sessions?
    Its the same as saying "i never really understand that you like apples - because I dont".
    Should such pure personal oppinion matter for others?
    Taken from one who actually does know something about setups :whistle: - then you can take about 80% of the custom TT setups and ONLY change radiator, fuel, tirepress and brakeduct and you have probably a super setup as race setup.
    But depending of car its often not possible to change much in car setup atall :D

ByTheWay: To really show how off your setup postulate is then its a bit strange that the top positions on a lot of TT LBs is covered with drivers using DEFAULT setups :whistle:

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I was a 5+ years member of iRacing before I left because of their lousy tire model.
    But conserning the TT thing then iRacings TT version is much more serious than Reizas version.
    In iRacing you have to run 4-6 laps in succession on the track that is used as the current track chosen for the weeks official race.
    IE no faults or illegal laps inside the counting 4-6 laps in succession. :whistle:

Do I have to say that I was nearly killed in the forum because I proposed that such a TT session should be mandatory before you were allowed into the official races of the week.
    The reason I proposed this was because this simple demand would keep a lot of the 1st corner heroes away. Because ... yeah its obvious why :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have a question concerning Formula Classic Gen 2:
    Since one of the updates, the model 3 car (the one with the V6 turbo) is much slower than model 1 and 2 when driven by the AI.
    Have not driven these cars for a while, therefore I do not know when this change happened. But in earlier builds, this car was the fastest car of this class (except the McLaren MP4).

Now, they can not compete even with high values within the custom AI file. Watched them drive with and without custom file. When file is in use, they come a bit closer with high values, but still are way too slow.
    Shouldn't the turbos be the fastest cars of this group?

20. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

I just preordered the Fanatec CS DD+ so I'm hoping to get Fullforce in the future too.