1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There can only be one football/futbol... Just as there can only be one game that involves cars.

Might as well pack it up, as none shall surpass the greatest of them all.

beetleadventureracing!-1000x625w.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

What are you talking about? It takes a complete rewrite every year in order to render the extra wrinkles on Alonso's face.

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

Not to mention the voice acting. Fernando Alonso is notoriously hard to do, even for Fernando Alonso.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

You should see the silly people this morn on steam lol. Entertained me when i got up

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes, stupidity knows no boundaries:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fernando Alonso has been quoted by an undisclosed source: "This car is just simcade by now, the Aston devs definitely got the physics wrong in the last few patches, it slides far too much. I might go back to Alpine if they will have me, and I could find either Esteban or Pierre a job driving a tractor, or a Mercedes F1 car. I might reimburse Alpine for the birthday celebrations right before I signed with Aston Martin, but probably not because Otmar is gone, bye bye, no hard feelings from my side, I'm the bad guy."

He continued: "Lawrence told me Lance has been desperately unlucky and I agreed, because I am his team mate, after that the conversation got slightly strange and Lawrence was wielding a hatchet, he looked funny."

Finally revealing more details of "El Plan", he plans to retire with around 5000 wins at the end of his career at around age 85 and having 25 to 30 world- and 65 constructor world titles to his name having switched teams around 100+ times. When challenged on this, tersely mentioning: "An F1 season will soon have 500+ races a year and I will win enough of them to make every team a winner, I will change teams mid season -maybe even move back to the same team in the same season- and score enough points to win them the world constructor championship often."

Asked how he was to deal with the threat of Max Verstappen, under his breath he mumbled: "Gasolinera"

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

Still optimistic :rolleyes:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wu!

Just wait one more day and... end of month all makes sense :) Not meant in a bad way before I join Berghe... It's still close, just less close than it was before, unless Reiza pulls a rabbit out of a hat :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Reiza: We have a great update coming!
    Us: Yay! We can't wait!
    Reiza: That's what you think ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

C’mon guys lets not descend into a reiza slagging match again. Im sure they are doing their best. Completion dates are a bastard in any trade trust me

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  11. Wu!

I was not trying to go there, it's done when it is done and that's fine with me. Does not mean you can't have some fun with "Reiza time", by now we should all know how it works :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

It would probably be more relaxing to not be on here following things, but then it's also nice to talk with the lovely AMS 2 fans here :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

I dunno, put yourself in their shoes. It cant help you to work any quicker when you have all these little jokes/digs being voiced all the time

14. Wu!

Well, you could play Cities Skylines 2 on highest settings, this will make your PC explode quickly, no matter what it is, then you can experience "real life" for a while and by the time you got a new PC, patch is there ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I don't think anyone doubts they work hard. I think small jokes are okay given the last time I personally made one was a month ago when this delay was announced.

But again, it was light hearted. Obviously it will be excellent whenever it finally turns up, such is Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

upload_2023-10-31_10-45-56.png
    The day is only starting in Attu Island….there still a lot of time for Dev Update on even months! So we can all relax! ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Wu!

Only 3 AM here, imagine the joy on Baker Island and the influx of players when the update drops, gonna be a wild ride.

Edit: well, wikipedia just told me nobody lives there, but still!

Edit 2: Could make a track there: the Baker Island Oval, you just need to pave the whitish stuff.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, which is why any sport that calls itself football but allows you to use your hands is, in fact, not football but rugby for sissies in body armour. :p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, I've watched more races from obscure racing series in the past 3-4 years than I ever have watched games from my "home" sports teams. The only "padded rugby" game I've watched in years was the Bengals losing the Superbowl. The only sports I'm properly invested in are IndyCar, F1, WRC, occasionally Nitrocross/Nordic RX.

It's a shame that IndyCar doesn't realize how important sim racing is to their younger audience. The fictional WimdyCar in game has quickly become a favorite, it's just a shame that Penske and Co. decided to go with an exclusive license.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I was only teasing anyhow, like you, I'm don't really follow any of those sports, just motorsports and winter sports.

I agree about it being a shame that sim racing is not yet seen for its potential, both for generating fans and for scouting potential talent that might otherwise go unnoticed. It will only get better though I believe and slowly the message is sinking in that it is a huge untapped resource on both fronts.

Give it a decade or so and I reckon you'll start see more competitions that result in opportunities to get involved in the real thing.