1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

having the exact same issue. logitech g pro wheel in g923 mode. works fine in the beta version, but steering angle is 180 in the live version. i thought it was just me

2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The V8 supercar felt good to me, though only did a few laps at Adelaide. I think it's just tough at low speed with the fixed rear and hard to get an early exit with the torque. Could be wrong ofc :)

Omg the Formula Reiza btw.. one of the first sim-like things I tried was an F1 2012 mod for rFactor 1 at Interlagos, and the step up from Forza/F1 games was so cool, even on a gamepad at the time. Anyway, new 1.5 at Interlagos makes me feel like that again, so good <3 :D

3. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You know what really grinds my gears? people lumping sim-cade physics when talking racing sims. The main goal of "simcade" physics is almost the exact same as "simulation" physics: make a player feel like they're driving the car. The biggest difference is that a Simcade game would traget a more genral audience who don't have racing wheels, doesn't like spending 30 minutes setting up key bindings and don't have as big of a stick up their butt about "ReAlIsIm"

Like Gran Turismo and F1 make you think about strategy, tire saving, fuel saving, tunning, and various other key aspects that makes a sim a sim. While they are not sims, they're closer than what most folks would think but because it's aimed at a slightly more genral audience it's treated like Forza Horizon by much of the community. Used only to insult other games, it's really annoying. Especially with Gran Turismo 7, like one of the last things wrong about GT7 is how the cars feel.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

What Reiza have done with the McLaren F1LM (my favorite car in RL) is just a dream that have never become true until now. The car is really behaving as it's real drivers use to report and this specs say. I really appreciated that.

Everything I tested is working as it should be. After 1.4 I didn't believed that AMS2 could do another big step as that, then you proved that can not only do a big step but a big jump.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Patterik

Patterik New Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a huge improvement, well done. Rarely played this, but now I'm really enjoying it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Needed... I spent many hours there honing the Vanwall and a few other cars. Until you smash the rear stiffness it ain't gonna stick to the tarmac for no reason in RF2

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the PCup in RF2 and tested it (although not for long) and I must say it is one of the worst experiences I had on RF2. Other cars at least you can adjust, but PCup has little to no adjustability and it really doesn't want to remain straight on the tarmac. PCup being a feeder series and from the few races I have seen I have some doubts its rear is anywhere close to be as unstable as RF2 makes it. RF2 also has this crazy rear instability under power as a trademark in my experience. Pretty much every car has it to one extent or another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are literally referring to some of the most powerful, front engine, RWD, relatively low downforce, no traction control cars in the game. If they had good traction out of low speed corners, then something would be seriously wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The C3 race corvette should be the same if not worse, due to running older spec tyres, but is now more planted, which is why I mentioned the issue. The post 2019 stock cars have always had that issue, but I have only tried the 2023 one so far on 1.5

10. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

As a PC player I am not into modern Gran Turismos. I can speak about F122 that was the last title of the list I played.

I completely agree with you! Actually F1 physics without assists are perhaps more difficult to deal with than in "proper sims". But F1 is so immersive for other aspects (rules, ambient, licenses, practice schedules, management of improvements over the season, make your team, etc) that makes the experience much more "realistic". Physics is not the only thing to notice.

That is way I hope that now that AMS2 has a solid foundation, they keep improving those quality of life of things: AI tire/fuel management, calibration of tire wear wrt player, Flags/lights on the track (that small thing is really immersive, I love NR2003 lights, and it was the only thing that really impressed me from Rennsport footage).

I'll say something controversial: the inclusion of full course yellows and the latter refinements we are seeing now, is for me perhaps as "game changing" as the upgraded physics. Of course the latter is much more sophisticated and laborious, and foundational, but yep, AMS2 is becoming a well-rounded product because the "small" things they are always working on.

A last thing: while I don't want to be another one insisting on a career mode* and usually see that kind of post annoying, that is a common thing among GTs and F1s that generates engagement. The sim I have used more apart from AMS2 in the last 2 or 3 months is.... GT Legends! Because it has progression, so sometimes I launch it and do a couple of races to climb the ladder it has. It is not even a career mode, but just something it includes progression into the equation.

* While I trust Renato when he says that the career mode will be something special, I actually would prefer (they are not exclusive) a way to simply parameterize sessions from an API. That with some programming from the community can do something amazing (an example of the potential is Assetto Corsa Evoluzione). I'm even working in something like this in my free time, but 1) I'm using most of my time in implementing things that would be awesome they give us. 2) It is annoying that users will need to configure their sessions manually.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Well, after some driving, I think I'd define the feeling on the road as having slightly deflated balloon tyres, for want of a better phrase. :confused:

Taking the 911 GT3 around Spa and the Nordschleife, the car seems skittish on the straights (it just wants to move around), and it 'nods' as it comes out of corners, by which I mean it turns, moves back the opposite direction slightly, then moves back again in the direction of turn. It's a very slight movement, but it makes the car feel slightly out of control. I seem to remember something similar a couple of years ago, but it feels like it's back.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Theodore Schultz

I agree with everything you said...in the last line of your post.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

Having driven a few cars, i will just leave my 2cents here:

The good:

- The old DTM cars, behave very nice, very progressive, but also tossable.

- The M1 was a huge improvement also, now much more solid, but still oversteery as it should.

- The formula junior and caterhams, drive nice and progressive.

The meh:

- Group Cs are better yes, but still not quite there. The nissan is maybe the most tossable and coherent of the bunch. At least they are not hoping around senselessly anymore. Ditto for the GT1 cars.

- Default setups, very understeery by default, and also very stiff on the spring side, with many not keeping up in the dampening side.

The ugly:

- The old F1s... the 70s ones suffer from the lack of dampening the most, the tires refuse to get wheelspin, and instead break away sideways, followed by huge tankslaps, as the chassis or the sidewalls dont have the dampening to keep up with the sudden huge tension that is released. And the 80s and early 90s ones have so much grip in those rear tires, that you can just Yank the front into corners, and the car will bite untill the FRONTs let go, but never the rears, unless you are on the power on corner exit.

- Lack of wheelspin, and excess of sideways grip loss on power. The more power and lighter/grippier car is, the more violently this happens. Now this baffles me, because in Pcars2, some cars were perfectly able to just freely wheelspin, without moving a cm sideways, even too stable in some cases, so the tire model is sure able to do this, but this seems to be a gripe that i have that seems to always be there.

Still i classify this update as positive, it improved many cars, and at least made the less good points less pronounced. A step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Shouldn’t default setups be understeery for people who don’t play around with setups?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

Well my belief is that they should be the best all around setup for the car. As in, it should be the closest of representing how the car should behave and be driven. Also because some people might think an understeery setup is easy, others might think the opposite. Also a setup for gamepads should be a different specific setup altogether too. So i guess the ideal would be to have different setup choices out of the gate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Theodore Schultz

Yes. It has been mentioned countless times that the default setups are purposely set to understeer so that the cars are easier to control.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I love how the car's perform now. But the FFB feels so numb and featureless now. I used to be able to feel the road and what the tires are doing, now it just feels awkward. There's self-centering going on now, and the rear end of the car is putting a lot of FFB through the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Not gonna lie, the corvette still handles horribly. I could do better lap times in my KIA Soul. There's just no point in driving a car that doesn't want to be driven.

19. Theodore Schultz

I would love for there to be specific setups for each car for each track and to have a "safe", "aggressive" and rain setup similar to ACC but most agree that those setups are pretty bad in ACC but the amount of time that would take in AMS2 with the huge amount and variety of content would be astronomical. I think the default setups give a good foundation to work from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Theodore Schultz

Which wheel base and what in game settings?