1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This is the Reiza forum - remember? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All wil be well

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's getting closer, there's a bunch of stuff going on in the beta. I know it's beyond frustrating to have next to no movement in terms of updates, but it is coming, i have no idea as to when they plan to officially release the latest build to everyone, it seems like whenever they start talking about it, they find something else that can improve the sim and then roll that into the next builds, each build they release in the beta is a noticeable improvement for sure, but i can't help but feel like there should have been a main branch update between the 1.5.05 and the one on the beta

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My opinion has always remained consistent, Reiza take the time they do for good reasons. They are very over-optimistic in terms of how quick things get done, but the time they take always shows in one way or another. Trust me when I say that the time being taken here is partially a result of listening to Paddock Club member feedback for not just physics, but in all other aspects of the game. We do not lazily nod our heads in agreement like some may think, we all want to make the game as good as it can be and we know that a big part of doing that is being constructively critical of the product we are given.

As for the update itself, I'm not going to exaggerate, I'm not a PR person nor am I a politician. I'm not gonna add another shot to the "game changing" drinking game. Buy and large however, I like what Reiza has been cooking and I think a lot of people here will as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

Could someone explain me why Time Trials are so important for some of you? From what I can see the biggest issue is that the leaderboard is down. I've never been a fan of Time Trials and I'm just curious, why it matters so much to some of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not a big appeal to me (because I'm just not quick enough and TT is a rather depressing feature for me :oops:) but I can imagine the appeal of being fast on the track to claim a high spot. And to work on and find a way to beat those at the top.

• Like Like x 4
  7. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Gonna speak for myself: it is like an asynchronous multiplayer. You vs another person but without the need of all people involved be online on the same lobby at the same time. Also, great place to improve by learning, following and watching the ghost of the best players and trying their setup as well. And last but not least, the sense of accomplishment when you see your name one step than it previously were.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

Ok, thanks. I was also thinking that Test Day could be an alternative, but it looks like it's not what some people are looking for.

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here are my reasons:

1) Time trials enable you to take another drivers setup. We have league races going on and I can try several setups to quickly understand what works for me best, with a bit of fine tuning, of course to make the car last 20 and 30 minutes. this is especially important for the guys in our group who have much less free time to spend on car setup and testing.

2) Time trials enable me to race against world record ghost - giving me instant feedback where my lines are suboptimal, instead of spending tens of laps trying out each line, getting consistent and then comparing, often inconclusively. Sometimes two lines can be comparable - me vs world record ghost would prove that to me, but if I try it on my own alone then I am not sure if I'm just messing it up or maybe losing next corner some time.

3) Time trials enable me to understand overall how competitive I am - am I 2 seconds behind or 4 seconds behind- this means how much work I have to do. I should aim to be 2.0% off world record time

4) We had a kind of a mini race in time trials before the main race one-upping each other and racing against each others ghosts - gave us an idea where we stood against each other and also motivated a lot of people to try harder

With time trials down, this all has been cancelled. Embarrassing for me as well, because I organize our league and advertised that we can all use time trial to be more easily competitive and it was taken down 1 week before our first race. We got to enjoy it for 1 week only. Now we are half way through our League season and time trial is still, I suspect at least 2 weeks away.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@The_Neo_One above does explain it pretty good ;)
    For me its the closest you can get to online/MP races WITHOUT being rammed by idiots who are not able to control their car. Or who are only interrested in spoiling others races by wrecking them.
    Hehe and if driving against rather un-intelligent AI bots is out of the question.:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Time trialling against someone is nothing at all like racing against someone though.
    Completely different strategies and behaviours.

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. Essemo

Essemo Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't use the time trial very often but when I do it's mainly because I want to have my lap times recorded/retained for a certain track or car.

I would much prefer it if the game would support this functionality in the offline modes for practice and race sessions, etc. For me, it's the most glaring omission from the game in terms of features.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dst

dst New Member

It is a really great way to practically learn advanced setup of cars since you can download and drive/tweak anyone's setup on there. Plus it's pretty damn fun when you get up on the first page, and as said by others you get to avoid the "fun" of racing with people who don't know what they're doing while competing against other humans.

The reasoning for not reactivating TT/LB's seems to be, "whelp, we'll just have to wipe it with the next update" doesn't make a ton of sense. The sim is stated to be in an "evolving" state, so why have TT's/LB's at all if that's the reasoning?

You'll ALWAYS be wiping and restarting due to the ever-updating nature................. so, restart now (or better, 4 months ago, lol) and wipe with this next update same as always yeah?

It's a major part of the sim and just dumping it for months with no accurate timeline as to when it'll be back is a disservice to the people who paid for the full game. I'm sorry but this isn't a weekend mod team doing this for free and it's been months.

These guys do great work, and the sim, when it's fully up is worth every penny but I'm not sure how this situation can be characterized as anything other than mishandled.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dolph

Having raced against people in my league I can say I use the same lines in time trial as in the race. I leave a bit of margin for error, though.

Maybe you take totally different lines in time trial vs race vs qualy - up to you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

People treating races, especially the first few laps, like they are time trials or qualifying laps is exactly why they so frequently end (or start) in disaster and in turn why so many people prefer hot lapping, completing the vicious cycle.

When there is someone next to you, you can't take the same line... Well, you can, it just results in the obvious.

So many people could benefit from learning the difference between Q driving and race driving, as well as learning proper defensive/attacking strategies and how to force/counter them, rather than driving like there is no one else there.

Racing is about adjusting to the situation, not replicating what you did on a single optimal lap.

To be clear, I love time trials too for the competition of shooting for the best time, but I absolutely do not think that the skills are the same, nor that someone who can set a time is necessarily going to win a race, even against others who may be slower over a single lap.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what he is saying is that TT against someone is just trying to nail one lap better than them while driving the ideal line everytime, while racing others involves different strategies whether it is pit strategies for longer races, managing dirty air from people in front of you, dealing with non ideal racing conditions, managing racing wheel to wheel with someone not on your ideal line.

While I'd say most top time trial people are probably very fast in races too, there is more to racing against people than just racing a ghost for a single lap.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I would say you would certainly take a different line when trying to overtake someone or defend your position. And you might be doing it on a full fuel load, or worn tires. Or with some damage? Maybe it's wet, and you're fatigued because it's 2 hours into the race.

None of these things are you dealing with in time trials.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

If that is the case i fully support it then and hope Reiza will also update up-shift sound of Mclaren MP4/12 (louder and aggressive like it should be)

19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Time Trial is largely a combination of abusing physics and track limits as much as possible, resulting in driving in a very unrealistic way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Dolph

No its not.

• Agree Agree x 2