1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which corvette?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it depends, they should be "balanced" in the sense that very oversteer oriented cars are not incredibly difficult to drive. But for example the Brabham BT44* default setup has horrendous understeer that really makes driving the car rather unpleasant.

* I haven't driven the car in the 1.5 update, so might have to eat crow if it doesn't have such horrendous understeer now.

3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone who knows what they're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I hope it will get a interior sound update, it sounds so quite and subdued. I drove it around the Nord and could barely stay awake with that dull droning engine sound. Does the real car sound like this?

5. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

I have also liked Porsche gt3 more prior to update. I will give it a try for some more laps but at the moment something feels off.

6. Manbird12000

The G25. AMS2 Beta it worked perfectly with so much feel. Now, not so much. Maybe I need to reset the in-game calibration. Just feels bland..

7. Manbird12000

Both classics

8. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

@kkdrummer and @Bizoro
    So you are disagreeing with the fact that 922 is sucessor of 911 Porsche cup car?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Theodore Schultz

I meant your in game FFB settings. Not sure what AMS2 Beta you are referring to.

10. Theodore Schultz

Well there are actually 4 corvettes in the game...but if you are referring to the two base game corvettes the C3 and C3-R then I have to disagree especially the with C3-R. It has been probably the most transformed for me in the 1.5. I am not a big fan of the C3 and never have been and probably never will be but that has nothing to do with the physics of the game but simply the nature of the car.

11. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

Most underated update ………

Muted sound on fast forward.

Never again will I have to suffer the terrible screeching to get to the point on the last lap where I crashed into a wall

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No its not just you.
    Because I believe that this could be a part of what I describe as not being certain of what the car is doing.
    While in my description then this uncertainty comes because the sideways movement/slide is damped so much that you are constantly behind the cars own trying to break out of control or shift direction.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Dunno if this behaviour have been in the sim years back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, Nils is an absolute professional. Open minded, honest and he's fast. Hats off to him as at that level there might be some group think going on and he just doesn't seem to give a flying flamingo.

I don't understand why anyone would take another game as their reference point and not real life, and then say the handling in AMS2 is wrong because xyz does it differently. I'm not going to post another video, there's plenty of onboards on YT to watch that prove that tyre manufacturers actually know what they're doing and that rubber actually grips (thanks to temperature, adhesion and indentation :p)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

I put 30+ hours into the beta on my logi g pro wheel (g923 mode) and the ffb was excellent. Something is definitely wrong in the live release.

G923 mode doesnt even work at all anymore. As previously mentioned in the thread AMS 2 detects the wheel at 180 steering angle, despite 900 in the driver.

Beyond that, even in pro mode the ffb is light and indistinct. I want to say g hub had an update in the last few days, could be something there. Ive been noticing people with complaints about the ffb seem to be logitech users, at least largely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Exact the same for me, I went back to the previous version and worked fine again, but as soon I installed the 1.5 again the same issue came up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

Is the current beta version not working as well for you?

17. Johnny37

Johnny37 Member AMS2 Club Member

guys!! never tried "drifting" before... but I just loaded the Mini RX at wet guaporé... everyone should just try it! imagine this but with some friends!

• Like Like x 1
  18. GenniusGamer

GenniusGamer New Member

Hi! I saw some of you guys that have a same isue as me, i can't play with my Logitech g923 since todays patch. Yesterday with new RallyX worked fine but now it doesn't work and when the game detects it, i can't use more than 180 degrees

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I think I'm feeling the opposite. Now it seems I'm feeling going over older pavement through the wheel and it increases the faster you go. I guess it's trying to replicate the feeling of driving on track surfaces instead of being buttery smooth all of the time.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that guy has literally zero idea of what he is talking about and comes across as a smug .....

• Agree Agree x 3