1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

Do we think that lemans and more endurance content will still land in december, or are we thinking the delay will carry over. Dont matter really. Just wondering (its what im awaiting more than anything els)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

So regarding the update. Am I correct in saying that the tyre physics are being adjusted to compensate for what some people described as excessive rear end grip from the previous update ?
    Tbh I'm concerned we might end up going round in circles ( literally maybe ) with the grip levels , seem to remember previous to the last update that the SIM was widely being described as over slippy .
    Thanks

3. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

Actually it would be a nice Christmas gift from Reiza :) Also looking forward to Le Mans and more endurance content

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I think it's more like a spiral that hopefully circles ever closer to the actual thing, even if it features occasional hiccups.

Don't worry though, I think Reiza are just as keen as everyone on stabilizing the physics after the next one, partly because it means ending the several months crunch they're currently going through (which I guess is partly done due to the desire to reinstall TT as quickly as possible).

• Like Like x 3
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Says Renato, back in 1.4 or something. I can’t find the exact quote, but the game’s basic character was said have been reached at that point. I’m not challenging that assertion either, I’m just saying that further updates aren’t going to radically change the driving experience, so any impatience is largely pointless.

Differences between a pre.and post AMS2 update should be pretty marginal at this stage, and so it has proved, for a long time now. That, incidentally, was the main reason why I didn’t join the PC in the end. What was the point?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have a valid point, there's no way you can make the "physics" perfect for everyone, there will always be people that prefer one or the other. I don't think Reiza are chasing that dream, but rather make the physics as real as they can be while being enjoyable and immersive, without any too far off "reality" car in the sim.

There's been a marked improvement on a lot of cars for me in the current beta to the main release. But again, the keywords here are "for me"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess that was the idea back then when he wrote that, but after that there was some discoveries that changed things and led further adjustments. I'll bet things will get adjusted further as long as the development of this sim continues.

The upcoming changes don't fundementally changes the "basic characteristics", at least not in my perception. I see it more like further tuning of the handling in 1.5 released in the summer that some overhaul. Even though probably all cars do end up being touched, it still depends on the car/class how much difference there end up being, with some the changes can feel much more signficant than in others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GFoyle

I don't consider current release having "excessive rear grip", it's more like you get this power sliding very easily and it's very easy to keep it there without big drawbacks, making the driving feel like hollywood movie sometimes. I think that is one of the main things the changes will address, that such behavior wouldn't be as excessive as it is now (especially in cars where it's not believed to be realistic behavior).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes small adjustments do a lot in terms of driving feeling. There will always be half of the people who say cars are too slippery and the other half that say cars are too planted and the majority of it is just down to hear-say or habits from other sims.
    Just look at this video and see how the most used common places are destroyed:
    - Can't drive on wet kerbs
    - You shouldn't be able to control easily large slides

Now one could go on ACC (just for example since it's a GT3 video) and try and do the things he does in this video and see if it is possible. Good luck making it through a single lap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Who said we think that lemans and more endurance content will land in December?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

12. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

I agree on most of things (can't use wet kerbs and not controling large slides easily), but that merc from video goin' into slide too easy, depends also from car setup and there is more factors that can be put into consideration. I also watched pov cam on rainy day from Dirk Schouten and his Porsche GT3 was more stable on worse conditions.I think compared to the other classes in the current game state GT cars have the best physics on dry for now and classic (80s, 90s) F1 cars are too arcadish on dry but fine on wet.

As for update goes i have no problem with delaying it, but should let us know. It's a rare today to have developers who are working hard with passion and not releasing unfinished product / content just to sell it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
  13. GFoyle

IMO it's really hard to say from onboards and other videos how much it is about driving, how close to limit the driver is/was, what happens if you go a bit over the limit, how the setup affected things or the conditions on track.

Even drivers could only have experience of just few cars and give different feedback depending on their personal experiences in whatever cars they have used (I would assume). I still would think IRL drivers that have a lot of experience would be able to give the best feedback how close to IRL the behavior is.. assuming they aren't allergic to sims in general. ..

Straight4 advertised getting help from Ben "The Stig" Collins for the next game... would be cool if Renato could ask his pal Ian Bell if he could loan him to evaluate also the handling of cars in AMS2 !

ps. it's funny, whenever this subject comes up in here, there is always people coming up saying "it's not as hard IRL as in other sims like iRacing, AC, rF2" and if you go over to forums/discords of those sims, you get's comments like "AMS2 handling is like driving with driving aids". Hard to get some neutral and analytic conversations over these things, as most seem to have some sim(s) they think that has got it more right...

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Porsche 911 GT3 is famous for being the most stable and high-traction car in wet conditions. Also I'm not sure why we are extrapolating to F1 cars from onboards of GT3 cars?

15. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Exactly that

I know, but it was on track that had worse condition and i dont think it's a HUGE difference in handling. Not from onboard of GT3 cars, it's a parallel in physics that affect both classes in similar way in game and it's shouldn't.

16. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do have the same worry about going in circles, and it is true that the excitement has lead to people inside the Paddock Club exaggerating how much a difference these changes make. Those two things however do not mean the changes are only marginal. They were meant to be marginal, however Reiza found something that made the cars more realistic in the ways other Paddock Club members have described and have overall lead to consistently good experiences. It's not a radical change, but it is a change that doesn't go unnoticed.

Going in circles is a very common thing in art, and something that all artists should be aware of. It is always a good idea to bring it up because it's a mistake we all make and a difficult thing to recognize. To help with your concerns, I definitely don't feel that things are going in circles atm. Of course that's "right now" and things can change (hence why I also worry about it) but I haven't seen many signs that said change is happening anytime soon. I know that just taking my word for it is not convincing, but it's all I can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

2 months is ~60 days, so let's round that to nearest hundred. 100 days is over 3 months, so let's round that to nearest 5. So it's been down for 5 months as originally stated by @dst ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
  18. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

What have I done...

I am become rage, destroyer of forums.

:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Personally I dont think you are correct in your description of the grip status in the current AMS2.
    Because lately I have been wondering if I should ask here how much have been silently altered/patched in the normal AMS2.
    I was one of the very critical users of the 1.5 update. But either its me who without knowing it have adjusted to the behaviour of some of the formula cars in 1.5 upd OR something have gradually (and silently) been patched behind the scenes.
    Because at least the F-Reiza and the 2x F-Ultima are now running pretty believable(IMO).
    And as I remember just after 1.5 upd they did behave pretty awfull.:rolleyes:

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Please NO! Not the nuclear option! :eek:

:D

• Funny Funny x 3