1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

It's strange, I just don't recognise what you're feeling (which doesn't make it automatically wrong ofc).

For me the gradual movement of grip is the most sensitive it's been and helps feel the weight moving across the track, but when I need to *quickly* correct I find that sharp and immediate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game currently hit its all-time peak on steamcharts :)

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 8
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I rule nothing out. Especially that! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the current version, the one that was released yesterday. 1.5

5. Pav

Pav Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm also looking for this, only because I saw it mentioned in dev updates. Perhaps part of a later release?

6. Pav

Pav Member AMS2 Club Member

By "like it used to be", are you talking about the immediately preceding release where F-Junior had v1.5 physics? I was wondering something similar.

7. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I just ran a integrity check on steam and found 22 files too re-download. Maybe some that are having trouble may want to try it

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's exclusively available in main menu.

10. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

I have just tested my Logitech G PRO dd and it works perfect, in beta and in the main version.
    By the way, the rim is my own beta project SmartSelect_20230726-225117_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

Pro or g923 mode?

which ffb profile? I get wild oscillations in the pits with default and default+ in pro mode on certain cars (formula trainer and formula inter for 2 examples) curious if anyone else is able to duplicate that. Those oscillations were not in the beta. The merc gt3 doesn’t oscillate so it’s not every car.

Using a custom profile the ffb mostly feels ok and the oscillations are gone

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  12. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only supercar with decent handling is the Ultima.

The c8 and LM seem to run on suspension hard stops and can't manage the slightest road ondulation.

The same problem is evident on Hypercars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lele

Lele New Member

Hello guys.
    I'm sorry if this is not the place but I would like to reset all me custom liveries and aí.
    How can I do this?
    Thanks

14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Usefull answer - thank you for not just refering to all the users who hail 1.5 as the holy 2nd comming:D
    But we probably disagree on our priorities.

I like a rather abrupt and more obvious grip-end point.
    Not as I feel it now in the few cars I have tested as the point where the tire loose adhesion to tarmac is so vague because the transition is smoothed too much out.
    In RL this happens not so gradual as here - but so quickly and abrubt that even skilled F1 drivers are taken by surprise time after time.

ByTheWay: I have a suspicion that Reiza has listened too much to some of the beta testers who are not specially focussed on exactly this part of the tire physics. Or are maybe satisfied that the cars in a way has become more forgiving :whistle:

• Disagree x 10
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I guess you should have become a beta tester then and then Reiza would have made the cars exactly how YOU think they should be.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Yes, the 1.4.8 release with the 1.5 physics for open wheelers. It really doesn’t feel as good anymore. I even thought I’d try previous release version using steam betas to directly compare again, but after waiting for that to download, it turned out to be 1.4.6 which doesn’t have F-Junior so couldn’t do that either.

Pretty sure the FFB changed and not insignificantly, at least for me.

17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Alright, just watched Nils' latest video and couldn't agree more... This is stunning.
    I've also heard the controller/ffb woes and concur on the notion that something feels off, even though I didn't have access to beta to compare with how it was earlier.
    But fear not, the TinkerNazi never really sleeps(even though his physician strongly urges him to...)
    As it stands, both default ffb profiles seem a little vague to me, and dead around the center. I've tried to mitigate this with some lfb, but that introduces what science describes as "funky weirdness"...(don't question science kids:D)
    Turns out heavy messing 2.5 "detailed" profile is still greatness!
    In game: custom/80/0/70/30/10 from top to bottom.
    For Fana-users: auto/100%/peak/15%/15%/5%/4/60/100%/90%/100%
    Now take one of the RX cars to a street circuit armed with these settings(Long Beach, Salvador...)
    Im sure they'll find some gremlin in the ffb code shortly... Can't be easy to keep that up to scrap with all the physics transformation going on.
    Well, I'll leave you with the download then... Cheerio!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

This is exactly my feeling now. Its gone from absolutely brilliant to “numb”. I was happily using “Default+” throwing the F-Junior around at Monaco in 1.4.8. It used to feel sublime. Couldn’t stop lapping, but now, its nothing like it was and I spent hours trying to get that feeling back, but sadly its gone.

i’m using a Fanatec CSW v1. Honestly, the FFB was brilliant for me in 1.4.8 and now its very very average.

19. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

I love it. Now you can throw cars (even GT3) around turns as in real life. With throttle brake and weight shifts! At the edge and over the limit! That's driving!

RX gravel/dirt tracks are nice too. Though, is it just me who misses the feel of gravel and dirt in the wheel? Otherwise my SC2 wheel feels good as usual, so I don't think it's an "update reset-problem". It seems to me as if the canned signal (as for curbs) for the dirt/gravel texture is just missing or not transmitted?

20. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Literally see post above...:D

• Like Like x 2