1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Meh, people can manage their own expectations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. dst

dst New Member

Cool............ I can hop on TT/LB... they're up and functioning now? My bad if so.

My expectation is that the sim I/we all paid for be fully functioning, pending update or not. There is no reason (and we've all definitely had a LONG time to mull it over) that cannot be the case. It's one thing if it's a couple weeks for "polishing" as it was framed an eon ago, but months?

Just bring the game back up, do your work on the never-ending update and release it when it's done.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I would think they aren't keeping TT down for no reason, because from the outside (and everone on this forum is less outsider than 99% of the player base) that really looks horrible. Maybe it's not so easy to get it back up now and pull it down again and then back up again for the update.

We've seen TT wipes happen days before the actual update several times before. I could imagine - I don't know tho - they take more effort and bring more problems than it looks on the surface.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

If that is the case, if problems have really arisen and there has been no other possibility than to disable TT/LB, then where is the official statement from the studio (I think everyone on the team knows how to write, not just @Renato Simioni) explaining the situation? Instead of words from someone with knowledge from within the team, we are all speculating and assuming things (for better or worse). Silence in response does not seem like a very proactive and responsible attitude to me. I think we all here support Reiza and know what they are capable of, but these last three months have no justification, at least in terms of lack of information.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, as i mentioned before, they could post a message on Steam regarding the timetrial boards, they could post a tweet about it as well, instead they let a lot of people believe there is an issue on their side with the game, leading to people verifying/reinstalling the game unneeded.

After the way they communicated in the past, this seems a bit lackluster, i get that they are busy with the update, but a short message which they only have to write once and can copy/paste it on all media doesn't have to take more then 5 minutes, and creates more understanding...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

:D

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

There have been some techno-cal problems :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

I just hope that everyone at Reiza Studio will stay healthy after the amount of work and time they spent working on this update.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. dst

dst New Member

Agreed once the cat's out of the bag. OR......... check this out........ you don't even tell anyone you're working on an update until the update is done and announce the release date.

IMO (which counts for nothing).... the customer/user base shouldn't even be aware this stuff is happening (we just want to play the darn sim) and I can't imagine the company wanting this process to even be a point of discussion (they just want to deliver their awesome sim).

Delays happen, problems arise .............. and the goal should be that the user base shouldn't be aware of any of that.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

They will. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

Maybe it would be good to improve communication with your users.

Attached Files:

• AMS2.png
      AMS2.png
      File size:
      268.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Uhh, that's exactly why they got a load of you guys to pay for Beta access. And it more or less worked too. :rolleyes:
    Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

One thing I can say with certainty is that nobody was hoping for the opposite.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Considering the various delays, a minimum of satisfaction through some post, message or any other means about what is happening is necessary, this shows good faith and care for your customers in any type of business.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't pay for beta access, I payed for the game, just sayin';)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

How are you not aware that there is a delay?

17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I think the whiners here are whining just to hear themselves whine. AMS2 is one of the most improved in attracting new sim racers. AMS2 is one of the most complete sims out; no one is better at covering historic F1. It is not perfect, but it's hella fun as it is. Not sure, but I don't other sim racing titles updates its sim as much as Reiza does. ACC is undriveable to me; AC is okay but dated; RF2 needs to get out of the 90s; I don't race enough to justify the high cost of iRacing.

Just don't see what the whiners are whining about. So much to do. Tonight I'm going to continue racing 70s F1 on Brazilian and the Argentine tracks. So much to do in AMS2.

• Disagree x 9
    • Dislike x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
  18. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To whom that may concern I will express my humble opinion about communication on AMS2 dev:

I understand Reiza being a small studio don't have an entitled person in charge of communication and so it is exercised by someone of the team of developers or The Boss itself, wich means they have to prioritize game development or good communication, and the choice is obvious.

Users are in their right to express unsatisfaction, for sure but at the other hand people must be clever enough and avoid to shoot your own foot. No one need to be a Padock Member to receive supposed privileges, just please go to Steam Database and see for yourself the daily evolution of the game. The link was publisehd some time ago at this thread and I`m reposting.

Keep calm and have fun!

AMS2 beta at SteamDB

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

I understand your position but I disagree. It is not about intelligence on the part of the user. It's about communication. I doubt a new AMS2 user would know about this forum. And with all the media available in 2023, I understand that it does not take hours to provide information. It's a matter of minutes.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know about the moaners whinging here but I'm having a blast and when the update drops I'm sure I'll love it even more.
    That is all.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1