1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What wheel are you using?

2. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally had a chance to try a few cars out.

The RX cars feel fantastic, just a lot of fun once you get to grips with them, really enjoyed the karts as well.

Biggest improvements I've encountered so far were the Porsche Cup, 190 E and the JCW Mini, they all feel much more in line with what my brain expects. Just very very enjoyable and engaging.

FFB felt as though gain was a bit lower overall, I found myself bumping gain up by 10% or so, previously at this level cars would have clipped on the same track.

For me though higher downforce cars are a bit floaty now. The DPi, P Class cars that I tried and the RSR felt as though it was all aero load coming through the ffb, not much texture to them, not so much of a sense of mechanical grip.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Fanatec CSW v1

4. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

A few bugs still present which I am hoping can be fixed in future.

Some of them come under usability issues, maybe not bugs but bare with me.

Bugs
    • Still able to assign the same wheel button/key to multiple functions (e.g. brake bias and car menu (ICM?).
    • Unable to UNASSIGN controls once they are set (I didn't read anywhere on the assignment menu how this was done.
    • Having historical weather set for Q and R which are both set to the same in game time. (e.g Q was torrential rain, moved to R and it's wet track with blue skies and no rain).
    • Off-road tracks have no historical weather data, nor the ability to use live weather because "no live weather" is selected.

Usability
    • P and Q hidden within separate menus to the R settings. Surely there is a better way to lay this out without going in and out of multiple menu levels.
    • Clicking a car/track will sometimes select it, sometimes choose it and return to the race menu. I can never quite predict which one it will do.
    • Can't fetch live weather or similar error... press OK to confirm? Surely it would be better if the user couldn't select these options (save button disabled till valid option found) if the game knows they don't exist? So for example with the RX tracks... scrolling through the date... "can't find weather, using live weather" Press OK, scroll to the next date, "can't find weather, using live weather" Press OK AGAIN.

These annoying little things shouldn't get in the way of the user getting to the cockpit, or even stress the user while in the cockpit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just as a heads up, I have a pit request button mapped.

• Agree Agree x 17
  6. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

100% agree on the open wheelers. The F3’s in particular didn’t feel as good as beta.

7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'm still coming to grips with the new reality... Yes intentional pun there...

I love the attention to detail that is included, the new FFB feels great to me and there's a lot to like in what has been packaged... And the fact that the physics actually work as intended in a Madness engine title on this level now is something that should be praised endlessly...

We've gone from unpredictable incomplete feeling cars on anything to do with the Madness engine before 1.4 to these new cars which are almost too predictable in how they behave...

And I have to say the new R89C and Corvette GTP physics are so heart warming to see just the set up pages of, let alone drive... Where they are now is a big reason I started the WSC 1989 project, because they were that far out of the window before... The R89C went from being my least favourite to drive because it was too easy to go fast to being the most challenging and fun to drive Group C car in 1.5...

However...

Day 1 with 1.5 was a real struggle... First it took 12 attempts to get it to work even after a clean install where the only thing I didn't do was a regedit... One click of the mouse and the screen was black for the first 11 attempts... Verification showed no missing files... The trick was a 3rd restart of the PC after the install...

Then online was a complete mess 5 hours after the Steam maintenance window with mass disconnects which didn't allow me to complete a race, let alone a practice session for well over an hour... And wasn't much better another 6 hours later with disconnects still happening to other people but at least I was able to complete some races...

I also found a new car with the brick bug and a new version of the missing drivers bug that wasn't tied to the livery override system as I had removed everything to have the cleanest possible experience with 1.5 on day 1...

Then I'd get a lot of bugsplats at the Reiza logo, verifications showed no issues, again a PC restart was required to get it to work... If this starts happening today I'll be doing a full reinstall with a regedit clean out...

With all the eyes on 1.5 and it being such a milestone release for the title, I was really hoping for a much cleaner release... So that those who returned to the title would give it some proper time and not be turned off by one of these bugs...

We could of really used a longer BETA or RC period for this...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We reported the dirt not having much texture in the beta, but never got a solid response of why its like that. Earlier builds had the FFB much more rough, now it feels more like sand than dirt. (And I think you'll find the Non "RX" tracks are naturally a bit more bumpy.)

However, if I had to guess, this has something to do with livetrack. Because if you do a longer race, say 10-20 laps, you'll quickly notice turns become more bumpy from cars sliding over it. I think the track degradation is there, just not totally implemented yet.

9. Bizoro

Bizoro New Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. I'm disagreeing (and I believe @kkdrummer has the same understanding) with your statement that both cars are supposed to handle the same because one is the newer version of the other. By this logic a corvette c8, a c7 and a c6 should all handle exactly the same because its the same car, just newer versions.
    The 992 cup car has different handling characteristics comparing to the previous cup car generation. This was stated by Porsche itself when the model was released, by several professional Porsche Cup drivers around the world and even iracing mentioned the differences to the previous car in game when they released their 992 cup.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

About the icm thing, my wheel has a dpad and its useful for me because i can use the dpad for looking left/right/back, but i can also use the dpad for scrolling through the icm

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 992 is different to the 991, but lets hope its different enough to warrant inclusion…

(ik there is a 992 cup mod out there but it just uses 991 physics and sounds)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

I have nothing to complain about physics and FFB, in my opinion everything is very good. I use a simple G27.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I believe I contributed to that, and since I made that statement, it has been since used in a un-intendedly simplified way to mean we bake extra general US into the cars to keep them stable. This isn't the case.

From a mechanical stiffness balance perspective between the front and rear of the car, it is a general principle that race cars should slightly favor understeer. (roughly 55/45) which is a metric that we attempt to emulate.

A reason for this, among others, is the fact that in a RWD car, the front tires are asked to do one thing, turn the car, whereas the rears are asked to provide lateral AND longitudinal grip vis a vis the throttle inputs. Since it is much easier to break traction with the rears while throttling through corners, in order to give drivers a more comfortable way to achieve the slip angles they desire, this is one generally accepted way to do it.

I think in application, we all see this principle in action every time we change arbs. I imagine we all prefer a car that doesn't instantly over-rotate as soon as we apply throttle at max lateral traction. How quickly or how difficult it is to over-rotate a specific car is of course up to the driver's own comfort zone and circumstances.

There are of course many factors involved that influence US/OS tendencies, so many that a mechanically well balanced car may experience both US and OS at a different points on the same track. Heave properties, damping, differential, torque et al contribute.

• Informative x 12
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  14. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

Tested some gt3 cars and the formula trainer and formula inter, no problems here. Profile: type default+, gain 70, low force boost 0, fx 25, damping 50, menu spring 0 on the wheelbase: strength 10nm, tf audio 70, ffb filter 3, dampner 50, angle 900, brake force 20.

15. Alex291190

Alex291190 New Member

Hey man, which car and track are you on to have the "numb sliding" problem? And what track state are you loading the game with?

• Like Like x 1
  16. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere on the screen, but for me the backspace key works for unbinding

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

gday all..

I will leave this v1.5 FFB revision update here on the proviso that you guys will not hijack this release tread and turn into another FFB thread. If you would like to discuss or debate force feedback in depth then please go here: https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...orce-feedback-overview-recommendations.26429/

The aim is to get those remaining classes/vehicles to the completed zone by the end of August..

Thank you!

COMPLETE
    *Still subject to ongoing fine tuning revisions as physics development never sleeps
    • Formula Vintage Gen1-2 (all models)
    • Formula Retro Gen1-3 (all models) *friction/damping adjustments to come
    • Formula Classic Gen1-4 (all models) *friction/damping adjustments to come
    • Formula V12
    • Formula V10 Gen1-2 (all models)
    • Formula Reiza
    • Formula Ultimate Gen1-2
    • Formula USA Gen1-3 (all models)
    • Formula USA 2023
    • Formula 3 (both models)
    • Formula Inter
    • Formula Junior
    • Formula Vee
    • DPi
    • P1 Gen1 (all models)
    • P1 Gen2 (all models)
    • GT1 (all models)
    • GTE (all models)
    • GT3 (all models)
    • GT4 (all models)
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup
    • Ginetta G40 Cup + GT5
    • Puma 052 GT5
    • GT Open (both models)
    • Porsche Cup (both models)
    • MINI JCW
    • BMW M1 Procar
    • GT Classics (both models)
    • Group C (all models)
    • Group A (both models)
    • Caterham (all models)
    • Opala Stock Cars 1979-1986
    • Opala Old Stock
    • Stock Car Pro Series 2019-2023
    • Super V8
    • ARC Camaro
    • Hypercars (both models)
    • Supercars (all models) *Z06 had/has some pendulum that can't be fully dialed out yet
    • Rallycross (all models)
    • Formula Dirt
    • KART CROSS
    UNDER REVISION
    • P2-4 (all models)
    NEEDS FULL REVISION
    • Formula Trainer + Advanced
    • Lancer Cup
    • TSI Cup
    • Street Camaro SS
    • Omega Stock Car 1999
    • Copa Montana
    • SprintRace
    • Copa Classic FL & B
    • HotCars
    • Copa Fusca
    • Copa Uno
    • Copa Truck
    • Vintage Touring Car
    • Go Karts *once they receive v1.5 physics

• Informative Informative x 19
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

Huge amount of work for devs, but I can imagine it might be something the community could package together and share.

Not sure of the file structure for custom setups, but perhaps have downloadable custom setups for a particular class for all tracks with safe/aggressive/rain is more achievable. Still a lot of work but some of us are really good with setups (not me lol) and I'm sure could improve the experience for users that aren't

• Like Like x 4
  19. Theodore Schultz

That is a good idea. Could possibly be done similar to how JSGME is used for custom FFB files maybe? I do not really know though.

20. Theodore Schultz

Thanks but it does appear that there maybe an issue with some the Logitech wheels and some including myself have noticed a slight drop in gain. Is anyone looking into this or are you all on much deserved holiday?

• Useful Useful x 1