1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Will the setups also be reset in a few weeks with the leaderboards?

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you John.. To clarify for the others just in case there is some misconception. Please drive all the cars on the "Needs Full Revision” FFB list as there are some absolute beauties there and possibly many that are somewhat fine running on a generic FFB template. You are right though; unless it's catastrophic issue such as "this vehicle has inverted FFB" then there is little point in mentioning FFB quirks for these remaining vehicles until they have had their due time under the microscope which will be over the coming weeks.. Thanks for your patience and understanding! :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Like x 8
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't know it died as I don't follow closely RF2/LFM facts, but certainly well deserved. That car has nothing to do with a real life race car (otherwise every PCup would end in the wall in the space of 5 laps) and unfortunately there is little you can change in the setup to squeeze a better behavior. Probably in the top 5 of the worst sim-cars I came across together with AMS2's Caterham 620 R (before v1.5).

4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

I wish every reiza have happy vacation!!:)
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried your suggestion last night as well and ran through all the cars I was disappointed in (formula inter, f3, formula vee) and somehow they were ‘fixed’. I ended up driving an hour longer than I intended to just because I was having so much fun.

your closing point is right on. Thx for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey man latest I was "driving" the F-UltimaG1 on the Yahua-something track.in TT mode.
    Dunno the track state but a lot of people are saying that in TT mode the state is allways "optimal"??:p

7. Daniel

Daniel New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it really necessary to refer to yourself in such an offensive manner? Maybe do some research about what happend some 80 years ago and how many lives where lost, before using something like that in this context.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

So, after watching some part of Random Callsign stream we have other opinion complete to the "bald" one: "not so bad, but something... meh. PC2 was better!".
    Of course, his review not so aggressive as those of someone else, but the general "message" is clear.
    People sometimes just won't admit that there is another "opinion" in terms of sims and there is no ideal maded game. Living old and established is not bad, yes, but it is a path to oblivion. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Race-Start-Spa-24-2020-730x487.jpg The Simulator is perfect, it just needs a bigger grid with 50 cars, then it's perfect Renato listens to me putting 50 cars on the grid or 40, then yes it's much better, please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been recently commented on:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. BrunoB

Maybe you should show that you know what the word "blame" means in english - by quoting where this someone does blame these beta testers.
    Or if you are unable to show that then your problem is maybe so simple that you personally cannot accept another oppinions than your own.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Its actually a good democratic principle in a forum like this that different oppinions and experiences can be discussed in a more grown up manner than just inventing things.
    Inventing like Oh this someone (I dont wanna mention name of) does blame a lot of beta testers.:cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! First of all, great update! Been having a blast :) I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but i wonder if there's a way to reset the seat angle position? I started messing with it, and now everything feels a bit off. It doesn't reset with the reset seat position option, so i'm a bit lost!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BrunoB

Probably yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the settings I think you can assign a key to reset seat position.
    It can also be done in the on-screen UI for adjusting seat position (accessible from HUD edit screen if I remember correctly).

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t feed the troll

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BrunoB

Yeah it also does offence me - but only slightly.
    I mean this GearNazi guy did probably originally just chose his nickname as a funny thing.
    But then afterwards found out (hopefully) that the RL Nazis wasnt the most funny guys in the world.
    But then the die is cast for our hobby nazi (slightly bad joke :oops:)

ByTheWay: I hope this english idiom die is cast is correct ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

True! Because I liked Heavy Messing with the 1.5 update so much, I made my own adaptation of it for Fanatec CSL DD and DD pro 8Nm (or similar powered) wheels. As they have limited Nm to play with, they needed a little fine tuning to balance things out. For anyone interested feel free to check it out. Long explainer post HERE, short post in the custom FFB thread HERE

• Like Like x 6
  18. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for your reply. I know about the reset seat position setting, and it does indeed reset the seat position, but not the seat angle. Not a biggie, i can always delete the documents folder and set everything up again. It's just a bit of a hassle to only change one setting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like changing the seat angle doesn't give you any numbers on the screen like the other seat position changes do. That might be worth changing on the dev side at some point, if it isn't much work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Crimson will the setups be reset at the same time as LBs?

• Agree Agree x 1