1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah same as what they claimed with tires just to later say that they will implement a new bESteSt model from the real world once they moved on to another tire partner (Goodyear) recently.
    Same as they use Grosjean as testimonial and same as iracing is using TK as testimonial for Brazilian Stock cars that drive so badly they most of the times don't even go official.
    Maybe we should just take those claims with a grain of salt :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I more or less presumed that.
    Because if you dont have focus/special interest in this loosing/regaining grip aspect then your feedback as a betatester goes... in other directions.
    Quite understandable.;)
    But personally I have had focus on this loose/regaining thing since I left iRacing exclusively because of their fiasco of solving this problem (IMO).:cool:

ByTheWay: Eventhough I have deleted rF2 from my computer (because of too many crash problems) then I still consider the behaviour of rF2 in this area the best there is.
    But found that AMS2 before 1.5 was on level with this other sim in this area.
    But until now then the 1.5 cars I have tested disappoints me.:(

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Everyone group hug and settle down with 1.5 for the weekend? :D <3

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seriously, I didn't expect a big physics update to cause such a fight between users. :eek:

Everybody needs to chill...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

I recommend you to watch some onboards of the 911 porsche cup car and then to make some conclusions. Generally I am not defending rf2 implementation, but I can see correlation of the model behaviour with real-life onboards. Also I recommend you to try AMS 1 equivalent of this car which is also notoriously difficult to drive, so then we can discuss why this car in AMS 2 can be driven in a way it cannot be driven in other sims/real-life. AC implementation of this car is a little bit easier to drive but this is maybe up to default setup and diff settings. Generally neither in real-life or in other sims you can swing back end on the corner entry and make the corner. In Ams2 you can just flick back end and car will somehow magically self-stabilise while giving you perfect rotation!?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Maybe by version 2.0 the bug with the AI cars on multiplayer servers where their front wheels look like they are constantly turned will be fixed. A bug that has been there since day one of this Sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah absolutely, if people don't like it they don't like it. But those people need to also realize that hiding behind "I'm allowed to criticize" instead of justifying their opinion hurts their point tremendously and will only make things more hostile.

It's this type of useless BS that makes Twitter (sorry "X"), Facebook (sorry "Meta"), Race Department, and simracing youtube comments into the toxic wasteland they are. This ruins all discourse from something as small as FFB in a video game to the issues that effect all of our lives. I take way too much time put of my day pointing this out whenever I see it, so I've made a meme to speed up the process a bit.

Edit: do want to say that I understand I spent a lot more time on one point and the other and I'm not helping much with the "chill" bit. Just this stuff really irks me because despite being under 25 I do my best to handle critism and deal with it in a productive way. I get annoyed when people (especially those who I respect a lot) refuse to do so. I know everyone here is above that type of stuff because we're all grown ups, we can talk about disagreements in a respectful way while also addressing points.

Dont Make Me Tap the Sign 0901.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I can tell that I went back to the previous AMS2 version and my logitech g923 is working fine again, but still I can not play the 1.5 version.

10. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

It's still really bad if you ask me.

Wait, is that still a thing? I haven't tried it online with AI for some time but I was sure they would have fixed this in 1.1 or maybe 1.2. Damn, Reiza needs to sort their priorities.

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a few ways to negate it. At the big Tykki jump, don't go full speed, then throttle right before the launch and full throttle over the jump. IMHO, I agree that they still go nose down more than they should, but I wouldn't know, I haven't jumped a $600k RX car before IRL. In early Beta stages they would land almost vertical over any jump. The biggest fix was stopping the rear springs from immediately sending the car airborne again on the landing. If you've tried anything in AC with a jump, that's how the RX initially behaved, but they land significantly smoother now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Ok F3 right out of the box seams to be improved. Feels really nice both on high and low speeds.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You could try ctrl-K, then numpad 5, then ctrl-K two more times to get the seat movement back to normal. It's a while since I used it, but I think it used to work on PC2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Which one? I'm often unsure about the differences between the two (apart from visually)

15. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

The one with 5 gears

• Like Like x 1
  16. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't that just because Q and P are automatically one and two days respectively earlier than race day? IE if race is 27/07 then Q is 26/07 and P is 25/07.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've driven a few cars now and feel the update has really improved the the cars connection to the road and overall feel.

One thing I found a bit off...using the recommended Default + profile on a Thrustmaster TX.
    2023 Stock car
    McLeran 570 GT4
    Ginetta P1

Turn in is extremely light along with lateral weight transfer.
    Lateral grip is very vague near the peak till you pass it and the scrub effect kick in.
    Overall the weight of the car feels very light throughout turns.

I tried the custom default profile and the issue above is not a problem at all and feels great.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

How do you block someone with a private profile page? I would also really like to know :D Some seriously bad takes going around

19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Click on the profile picture and you'll see a handy button here that's essentially a block (don't worry, I didn't put you on ignore :p)
    upload_2023-7-27_19-0-57.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My first impressions on the 1.48 were really positive outside F-Junior having this vibration going all the time on Default+, which was much stronger on lower gears. I think it was supposed to be engine vibration. But other than that, I really like that feeling of grip, kerbs etc. felt really amplified (you can always tune those down in ffb settings on either game or wheel software). Now it feels toned down a bit too much (actually whole FFB feels much more lighter on the f-junior than on most other cars).

I did quite a bit of driving on the Porche cup car yesterday and today on the Ginetta G55 GT3 and with both, I had this issue that when I started to push more, the less feeling of grip and front tires I felt. The feedback just was smoother and gave this slidey perception. I still wasn't driving on such limit that it was on the verge of grip, so it became quite hard to evaluate where the limit is.

• Like Like x 1