1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I'm guessing it has something to do with weight transfer, something kicks in once X amount of pressure gets put on the tire from the shift???

2. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Now that the physics engine is mature i think it's time to focus on AI tuning. Although I think it's already the best out there (except for the unbeatable GP4 and maybe the overpriced iRacing) I would love more defending attitude on the straightline and more spreadout of the field during the first laps.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Tenebur

Tenebur New Member

Totally agree. Unable to play AM2 after last update with Logitech G923. I don't know if the same thing happens to the rest of the Logitech G27, G29, etc. family.
    Last night, I was uninstalling/installing the game, programs, connections, steering wheel, everything. I went crazy. I didn't know that the error came from @Reiza.

4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try this workaround:

[WORKAROUND] Logitech G923/G920 steering lock stuck at 180°

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tenebur

Tenebur New Member

Is there any provision to fix the settings of Logitech G923. It is preconfigured at 180° and does not let you set it at 900°. Users cannot enjoy the game, and this great update.

6. Tenebur

Tenebur New Member

7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a FYI: after a checkered flag of a 30 min race with Stock Cars 23 at Road America on a sunny and current date weather (hot track!), I went for some donuts at T1's outer runoff, and pulled them off with zero issues, easier than on 1.4.8 version I would say. Have not checked a replay yet, but felt like I was going in circles without moving forward, which was ideal!

8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Donuts TLDR is: If you think these have gone worse from 1.481 to 1.502, you should reinstall your game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. _Was

_Was Member

i have a logitech g923 if you need help write me a PM

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I can only assume (since I would never use it) that auto-clutch is designed to facilitate normal gear shifts up and down. Even then, with all the different transmission types and requirements to use or not use the clutch for this or that type of shifting, and taking into account cars that require blipping to down-shift or lifting to up-shift, designing an auto-clutch that actually works well for all those scenarios and has the requisite timing penalties fine-tuned so that auto-clutch is not an inherent advantage over manual...must be a gigantic PITA. I have zero expectations that it would work for doughnuts or any other hooliganism. If it does, that's a great bonus, but I was just "grumpy" about reading all the expectations that it should work perfectly for this purpose in a sim where people also want the cars to behave accurately. Another case where I hope the devs spend their time on things more central to the point of the game. Just my opinion...

The same applies, for example, to the global ABS setting. No, I don't expect it to work as accurately as the authentic ABS on cars that are equipped. Etc. Why would these aids for beginners be expected to perform accurately? They don't in any other sim ever made in the history of sims. Auto-clutch is in a different category because it is meant to help people who cannot afford a third pedal on their controllers. However, from past experience on multiple sims, it seems that a large proportion of people with an actual clutch pedal controller still use auto-clutch....not sure why if you are paying for software and hardware to provide an authentic experience, but that's the beauty of gaming--you can do many unusual things that suit your personal preferences without bothering anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tenebur

Tenebur New Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Thanks, i ended up getting it to work with the workaround.

14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Next priority IMHO, should be all about boosting, stabilizing, improving the MP experience (and provide hosted/scheduled/rated races)

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree. But at this point this request is almost utopic :/

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you had traveled the world and the seven seas you'd probably know that MP improvements were announced, so they're most likely working on it ^^

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When it comes to the next big ams2 improvement, everybody’s looking for something.

• Funny Funny x 9
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For now I’m just curious about adrenaline part 2 (if it will have more tracks and trophy trucks) and racing usa part 4 (this is what I’m more curious about, will it focus on nascar? IMSA? Indycar? A mix of them? Will Sebring and Road Atlanta come to the game? Lots of questions)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

According the US-pack, I hope it will include some more ovals (Miami Homestead?) and Portland and Sebring.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, improvements for MP have been announced several times, and not the last weeks or months, but 1 or even 2 years ago, and TBH i would be surprised if we get any major updates to it this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1