1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. David Valença

David Valença New Member

V1.5.0.4

Chevrolet Cruze 2023 Stock Car brake lights don't light up like the Corolla ones, everything worked normal before today's update.

The Cruze's wheel fender is also a little strange, more outside the car than conventional

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate. I love the GT Open Ginetta but rarely drive GT3 so couldn't remember if there was meant to be a GT3 Ginetta.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 962C in game is 1987 spec. It lacks about 80 HP.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I cant find any car in ams2 to lose the rear, only had traction loss from the throttle

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Can you rephrase please?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer may not be where most users or Reiza would like it to be, but to imply there's been no MP improvement since release is not at all accurate. Here's a selection of pre V1.5 changelog entries relating to multiplayer.

V1.0.7.0 - Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
    V1.0.9.9 - Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
    V1.1.3.5 - Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
    V1.2.0.6 - Enabled Real weather setting for client hosted multiplayer games
    V1.2.1.1 - Added LiveTrack Preset support to multiplayer and dedicated server
    V1.3.0.5 - Revised AI suspension rates to minimise some cars appearing to "jitter" in online races (as prediction netcode for human opponents in Multiplayer uses those same AI parameters)
    (V1.3 - Added multiplayer rating system)
    V1.3.5.3 - Added Filter functionality to multiplayer browser
    V1.3.9.4 - Full Course Yellow support added for Multiplayer
    V1.4.0.0 - Added some mitigation to help reduce extreme wheel movement of remote clients in Multiplayer
    V1.4.0.2 - Further adjustments to opponent wheel movement smoothing in Multiplayer sessions
    V1.4.0.9 - Added option to enable/disable random failures in multiplayer
    V1.4.4.8 - Added Multiplayer support for Timescaling random failures
    V1.4.6.8 - Full servers are no longer hidden in Multiplayer lobby
    V1.4.7.4 - Initial fuel levels in Multiplayer qualifying will now be the same as the player had set in the previous session, instead of forcing an auto fuel level

• Informative x 10
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Creative x 1
  7. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Managed it with the GT3 Porsche and Copa Fusca on fresh tyres straight out of the pits. Just brake while turning into a corner too much and the rear will step out. Are you saying that it doesn't happen easily enough?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One should also not forget that in the numerous multiplayer test races in the beta area again and again findings flow into the multiplayer that are of course not mentioned in any log. We, as outsiders, can get the impression that there is nothing going on, because the MP structure remains unchanged.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheers there were indeed some MP tweaks so I stand corrected. But looking at that list they were either to fix weird bugs that occurred post patches or to align it with new features in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

AC was visually more appealing and easy to work with...sadly....

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, ofcourse, it might be good to get a Multiplayer subsection on the forum (same as with the mods) where Reiza can ask what people in the community like to see changed/added, which doesnt mean everything would be viable/possible, but would be a great way to gather feedback for them, as I mentioned before, i wouldn't mind providing server logs if needed/possible or to run some tests myself, and i assume there will be more people like me that run a league or are involved in a league and want to help out, if that gets us a (slightly) improved multiplayer experience.

If they reach out to league/community owners they might gather more usefull info, by this i am NOT saying that the beta tests arent usefull, don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of leagues that run into the same issues every week or few weeks, if those issues dont occur during the beta test, it would obviously be hard to find the cause and the fix for it.
    This would also show everyone how serious they are taking multiplayer development, again not saying they aren't taking it seriously now, but it would make a difference for sure in the perception of a lot of people, not only on this forum, but also to the league/community members who hear about development from the league owners.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had moments with the P1 gen2 class and the new GT3's for example, going turn 11 at barcelona for example, brake too late with a GT3 while commiting to the corner and the rear is going to step out, which is why I comment on the Group C's not doing the same. Then again there's less weight and a lower center of gravity in a Group C so maybe there's a reason? To be honest I don't know

13. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This post you wrote makes no sense to me.
    I'm not saying they aren't working, i'm simply saying that the final result is still too poor.
    Because there are missing features that are in other competitors and above all because there are still many bugs.
    To make you understand better I'm saying that while the other SIMs like ACC-rF2 are on a score for the management of the MP and their characteristics on a score of 7-8 out of a maximum of 10, AMS2 started from a MP system that overall I would have given it a nice 2 out of 10, and with the latest recent updates I can give it a 3 out of 10 judging overall between bugs and what it offers as features.
    We're saying that what it offers in MP is still too little, even if there have been improvements. just ask those who organize events and leagues.
    Then if we look at MP from the point of view of the evening MP 4fun competitions, where you enter any room and compete for fun it could also be fine, but currently MP for leagues is to be avoided, just go for a ride in all platform leagues important, and you will see how few are using it,
    and those few leagues that did try, immediately backed down.

iRacing I won't name it, because it is a service, a simulator that is based exclusively on MP, and therefore the funding that arrives is used to feed and make the multy player work with their team of developers.

Everyone can think as they want, with their own point of view, and this is mine.

But I also understand the Reiza team, where they are trying to improve it with their expertise in that field. But unfortunately I am a customer who, despite having love for the quality of the SIM, I also objectively look at what "MP" offers me on this side and if I want a healthy and above all fun competition without frustration, and above all after having spent hours and days preparing I have to choose something else.
    Just look at Max Verstappen what he said after preparing for about two months in the event organized by Studio397 rF2 Le Mans with problems of all kinds, he criticized heavily, we are talking about rFactor 2 where the MP is considerably better than the AMS2 one. IMO

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure. But John, I was not responding to you. I was specifically responding to Mister Dog who specifically suggested that there has been no MP improvement since release, until v1.5. And to his credit, Mister Dog responded saying that he stood corrected.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel like people need to keep one thing in mind that's been mentioned many times already. The vast majority of players are offline players. It'd be really nice if more people started to explore the possibility of racing other people, but until then it'd be completely unreasonable for a small studio to allocate important resources to please an absolute minority of their player base. SP is higher up on the priority list, I can understand that.

Sure, if you're a league racer/organiser you'll find the MP lacking a bit of features, but If you're not an esports player the MP system is actually fantastic for small groups of people, to get together with friends, open a lobby with a few clicks and have some fun with the sandbox and the eleventy zillion possible combos. That's something you don't get in other titles. You have to rent things and spend additional money and especially time on setting them up etc.

AMS2 doesn't need to have the same MP system as other titles imo. Could there be more? Of course! I'd like to see scheduled races e.g. and things like that are probably under way, at least I hope so.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be that the Multiplayer is still a minority because of the state it was at release/is in currently? if i only count the number of people in our community (and i know for a fact that several other communities experienced the same) that played ams2 a lot, and mostly multiplayer, but left it because of several issues/bugs, multiplayer could have a far bigger playerbase currently.

Also, as with other development area's as well, one thing doesn't have to prevent the other, people that are working on physics, dont work on track development for example, and people who work on setups wont have to work on multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a switch going on now where MP is becoming the main focus more and more, titles like Rennsport are launching their games as an online competitor based platform (even if their first events were hosted locally), and ACC would be dead and burried now without it, but is still thriving due to MP. Even though there are more offline players like you say, if you want your sim to thrive and receive publicity MP is becoming very essential indeed. We will probably get Le Mans now in AMS2 but 'Le Mans Ultimate' will also drop in Q3 and as that will be able to host grand MP events it will totally steal its thunder.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. John Manetti

you got the answer right, MP is having a large share of relevance.

Also in the hours of single player play, you have to take into account the many people playing single player to prepare for multi player events, and this increases the percentage of single player players. For me that estimate makes absolutely no sense to justify the MP is used little, in fact it is not.
    See if tomorrow REIZA launch out with a new MP structure done right that works for leagues and also for 4fun competitions but needs funding for server maintenance and network code developments and would ask us for a small funding fee like subscription to support it, I think that other SIMs such as rF2 and ACC, will obtain a considerable reduction of users in those parts, but above all you would see a large share of users who would use AMS2 above all for the variety of what it offers and its quality, above all in terms of real weather conditions and live track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think that's the case. The vast majority just enjoys playing vs the computer. They want to set a race up or a race weekend and have some good fun with AI. If I have no interest in playing GTA V vs other people it has nothing to do with how MP works. I just enjoy playing the campaign.
    It is the same in other titles as well. MP is just a small part. That is why AI is a substantial part of any title. These are things that you can measure and I'm sure Reiza have the data.

I think what you say is true with DLC and physics e.g. Often people complain when studios work on new cars and new DLC instead of fixing X, Y or Z. A 3D-artist doesn't have anything to do with the code so you can have new cars and people could still be working on improving physics and fix bugs. With MP and SP you need people who can write code, and if you're a small studio I can imagine you have to allocate your resources to efficiently improve the game for your players.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. John Manetti

if so as you say that few people play MP, then iRacing would not have had a long life of 20 years it would have gone bankrupt much earlier, and still iRacing is expanding more and more, because it offers undoubtedly better quality MP on all, but it is actually a service.
    You have to consider one more thing, that iRacing's MP is heavily more expensive than any other competitor, and despite everything is in high demand.

View

• Agree Agree x 2