1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not saying few people play MP. If that were the case then titles like Rennsport or iRacing wouldn't exist. I'm saying relative to SP MP is a small part. You always have to take your whole player base into account.
    iRacing naturally attracts people who like MP ofc. so a big chunk of MP people do play iRacing as well. We just need people who like SP to start racing online and increase the total amount of MP players.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ricxx

John, you disagree but the reality is, we think that everyone is racing online because we do, but that's an illusion. MP is a minority, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree with you as you disagree with me. I simply have another point of view and I know that all those who have a Sim-rig as a PC, play and compare online, those who play single player are either training users, or the small minority who do not have a Sim- Rig, and enjoys Single player. There are few users who invest in Sim-Rigs and then go solo in Singles. In fact, I can tell you for sure that all the Sim racers I know, but I mean everyone who has a RIG, they all play online. They are points of view, and you have yours. For the rest, I agree with you in giving feedback and trying to push the team to improve.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A good indication of a games popularity is looking at steamcharts. AMS2 averages about 400 players online, which is similar to Rf2. ACC which has the structured online competition going for itself thanks to LFM averages 2000 even though the content on offer is way more restricted. I recently saw Irenting numbers (not Steam focused) which had around 9000 players online at that time. Having x amount more players extra solely because of the online competition will also generate x amount of extra revenue for their respective devs.

AMS2 has generally speaking the most expanded and diverse content on offer spanning multiple decades of racing history of any vanilla game, and is the only one offering historic versions of many tracks. So why aren't more people playing it at a given moment? Pretty sure that a robust MP mode would boost those numbers significantly.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And as things stand that is all you can have. Renato has been very clear about the future of mp in AMS2, they will do what they can, but it sounds like people expecting Ams2 to become the next big thing in mp might consider looking else where.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

RF2 also has both a structured multiplayer aswell as support for LFM, raceroom has had ranked multiplayer for years and the playercount hasn't increased that much. Also the growth of ACC has little to do with LFM, if you look at the numbers of ACC before LFM and after the growth is about 500 people on avg.

Not disagreing that multiplayer needs fixing, but this idea that people have that if you introduce competitve multiplayer the game is going to triple it's playerbase is not supported anywhere..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

But do you know if all those people are playing online? Steamcharts counts all instances of the game running, even if you're playing single player.

Also, historic stuff doesn't really draw the crowds, because if it did, there would have been another GT Legends by now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LEAGUE RACING FFS!!!

Whenever people discuss MP they forget the most engaging form of racing, which is league racing. It creates a community and spreads the word about the game.

MP is not just about meaningless ratings and scheduled races.

AMS2 fails pretty hard at supporting the very basics to make league racing reliable with the sim. Every fking time something goes wrong with this game in every league I've raced with or watched on streaming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. mister dog

RF2 is a pain in the arse to setup lobbies for without any content errors on the user end (trust me we have experience), RaceRoom looks kinda dated IMO and is in serious need of a new Graphics engine. Both of these games were released a decade ago as well and kind of lost their hype factor by now too.

You don't but I doubt ACC offline is that enticing it makes up the better part of those numbers.

10. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

To be honest I'd love to see an actual breakdown of time spent or users by offline/online mode. I doubt it'll surface though, even if collected.

Irrespective of the usage split both modes are very important and neither is completed anyway.

11. Inkta

Well, another game that was released a decade ago is Assetto Corsa and look at the steamcharts, again, I'm not dissagreing that MP needs improvements, and I'm sure those will come in the future. But what I dissagree is this idea of competitive multiplayer that people have. It seems like people look at iracing and they're like: Oh yeah, do that. But doing that is complicated specially with an engine that wasn't even created by Reiza.

Multiplayer needs to be in a state where most sessions don't experience problems, connection errors, sync errors and so on, but I believe that if you're looking for a purely online experience AMS2 may not be the place to be. Again IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. valou94

valou94 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. valou94

valou94 New Member

bonjour c'est quoi la différence entre "slick options" et "slicks primary" svp pour le F-USA 2023 ??

14. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

My glass half full perspective! I've got a high irating in Iracing but for last week I've been only driving Ams2 multiplayer. The fact I can jump into any race anytime, drive different cars and tracks with little to no preparation is so much fun and I have had some great races with skilled respectfull drivers all without the prep and stress of being competitive at iracing.The net code has been OK for me and not as bad as people say considering how easy it is to set up a lobby and away we go.Im loving the physics and driving cars I would not normally pick.As an ex real racer I find the challenge of getting your mechanical lump around the track as fast as possible Even if its handles like a pig or its on rails is what it's all about and believe me thay all feel like a pig when trying to stay with.the fast lads!.Obviously I know improvements can be made but I will carry on having fun in my old age.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Inkta

16. mister dog

That one is simple to explain; CSP, Sol and/or Pure and an absolutely vast catalogue of excellent mods that keep being added to every single day still :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. ricxx

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ricxx

That might be true for the people you know but you don't know all sim racers, that's the point. ^^
    Just because you only know online players it doesn't mean that all players are online players.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im curious on how SP focused people play the game. From reading the forum, it seems like the majority just uses Test Day.

20. ricxx

The result will probably not be accurate anyway but it can point in a direction. We'd need at least 60-70% of forum members to vote. Many might not even bother voting because they don't care.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1