1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe its related to the RX tracks only supporting up to 6 people, and the dirt tracks only 16, not sure

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This, as well as waiting for a heat system, and that some of the dirt tracks are not quite ready yet, e.g. Barcelona RX joker lap wrongful trigger, and risk of getting stuck/falling through terrain at Ascurra

3. Roy Niessink

Ah yeah, that issue at Ascurra i forgot indeed, indeed those issues you mention won't help

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd say the Grid limit of 6 is probably a big reason, however ive got a feeling Reiza will change this as at some of the tracks there are many more than 6 pitboxes. There are definately holes in the track at Asscurra which cause problems, but again, im sure Reiza will fix this soon enough.

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Okay i will put a few 30 minute races to the test and exclusively observe AI behavior to check for these 4 things i mentioned then report back to what i observed.
    I did some Interlagos tests with the same cars and observed that more expanded behavior patterns started appearing only from Lap 3 and onwards, but never earlier so far.

6. Roy Niessink

Yeah, what also doesnt help is if you have done a race on a RX track, and then want to run a regular race at a regular track, you need to create a new lobby/restart your dedi server to be able to get more then 6 people in it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the AI is not perfect, far from it and the more you test them, more issues are found, but let's be real, there are so many track and car combos that it's a gargantuan effort to get everything right. I am hopeful that by the end of the development they manage to fix most of them.

However the fundamentals of a great AI are in the sim already, good AI awareness against the player and how dynamic they are (mistakes,failures, personalities). They just need to fine tune the behavior issues in the AI to AI(super brakes, hesitation to overtake,weaving and going off track when behind), strategies, fuel weight and tire wear effect on laptimes. Once/if they nail those or at least get them as good as they can get them, the sim will definitely be among the best in terms of AI.

I can talk about GP4 AI as it's one of my favorite sims ever, and while they are regarded as one of the best ever (rightly so) they are not without faults. Their awareness against the player is mediocre at best, lost count of how many times I got punted by them( more than AMS2 by far). They also could be quite erratic when trying to overtake both themselves and the player, causing unnecessary accidents, spins and off track incursions. Everything else was pretty much perfect though!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

the updates to the Group C cars, the Ai pulls you in the corners because they’re not on the same physics as us. I’d say at high aggression they are better now then they were before, no crazy dive bombs and do pull back, after your spotter says car right. It’s like the Ai is trying to intimidate you too give them room. I did t and they didn’t wreck me so that’s a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, there is little value in the repetitiveness this is bearing currently - the issues are known and have been reported so many times. It will continue constantly improving which doesn't mean things can be done by a fingersnip.

So please let's not get into that next "loop of the ever same complaint" or making assumptions as of why things are happening like they do - which this thread isn't suit well to anyway. Leave your feedback and move on please. It will be read and included in the process, even if there isn't always a response! (Should be pretty clear at this point :) )

• Like x 17
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From OP:

AI
    • AI calibration pass for all revised classes
    • Adjusted AI performance degradation with tire wear (Ai tire wear rates still under revision)
    • Temporarily disabled effect of driver personality stamina and tire management skills´ influence on AI lap times while AI tire wear & performance degradation is in progress
    • AI cars will now use the max available boost pressure setting instead of the default in qualifying laps
    • Minor improvement to AI pit strategy during FCY
    • Improved AI lines for Brands Hatch (both layouts), Spielberg GP, Spielberg Historic 1974, Nurburgring GP / Veedol layouts, Velopark, Cascais 1988, Interlagos, Montreal, Silverstone 1991, Silverstone 2001, Silverstone 2020, Spa-Francorchamps 2022

I think the discussion is valid, given the bolded/underlined topics... otherwise, how can we know when those issues you say we are repetitive about have been tackled or not??

• Like Like x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

Of course it is.
    When you read about it.
    Calibration pass means that AI pace has been re-adjusted. AI lines means that AI track paths have been updated - there is no mention of AI overtaking behavior tweaks besides oval variants currently. When there is a leap forward in that department that is worth checking out it will be mentioned (also in these fairly generic changelog entries).

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While it is indeed repetitive, I think it's actually a good thing in a way that the threads ends up in the same 2 main topics, means everything else is mostly right/good :p.

I am well aware that most of the issues have already been reported and discussed a lot, but it is still good to have these ongoing discussions in the most watched threads to see how they have evolved, and see the opinions and experiences of more users.

Just my 2 cents :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Folks - Let's agree on that:

What we don't need here is "Madness is a turd that can't be polished, it's at his maximum now" comments, assumptions on why issues are happening and laying it down as facts as of why they happen or banging on reports that have been made with various follow-up posts that add not much more than "i have the same issue" or "i don't have the issue".

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Are we getting a full leaderboard reset for all cars and classes? If i remember, i read this will happen when karts get the new physics?

Asking because the Vintage Fjr before and after ride height fix seems pointless to compete in at the moment lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Found a few things with the RX cars I'd like to ask about. Clutch damage only seems to be working on two out of the four cars. Starts for each car are nearly all exactly the same. Setups are exactly the same. Is this right? I know there are weight, power etc max and mins for certain class'es but they're exact! Also no way to change power distribution between fronts and rears (i have no idea if this is adjustable with these cars in real life, just wondered?). Fuel estimates seem off by quite a long way. They are much fun though! And can definately be set up for the road courses! How we get to extend grid limit to more than six for online stuff at some point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Center diff adjustments for these cars are prohibited in real life.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Cheers mate, thought that might be the case. What about the stats though, they are all same, only wheelbase changes. I wouldnt have thought they'd all have exact same weight dist, Exact same overall weight etc?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone else using Custom files experiencing oddities with these cars?

Totally normal/feel as expected using Default+.

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think this statement is true. Many years ago it used to be like that. Nowadays they are at least 50/50 if not more players MP oriented.
    RS did less than a year ago a poll on their discord and IIRC it was even 75% or more who would either play majority of time MP or exclusively MP.
    Edit: here are the results
    upload_2023-8-15_22-57-33.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Just had something weird happening:

I started a Test Day session on the Nordschleiffe using real weather, driving the BMW GT4. The session started with the tarmac very wet and shiny, but it was not raining, as if it had just stoped recently.

So I drove 5 or 6 consecutive laps, during which the tarmac dried to the point where it was still a bit damp but no longer shiny. At this point I hit "Escape" in the middle of a lap so I could watch the replay of the last few corners, then left the replay and resumed the session, and now the track was fully wet and shiny again.

Basically, pausing mid session to watch a replay and resuming the session again caused the track condition to reset to how it was at the start of the session.

I've been a bit out of the loop with AMS2 and this forum has quite a lot of activity, which is nice, but it makes it difficult to search if something has been talked about before or not, so I don't know if this is a known issue.

• Informative Informative x 4