1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you select onboard it will cycle through all the onboard cameras. To prevent it you need to select in the same menu which onboard camera you want and it will not cycle. Same for the trackside

2. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Well he’s right, majority are SP and MP are the sim players compared to the SP “gamer” arcade aligned. It’s ok, you need the masses to support the product. The “true” sim racers are the minority

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Once a racing game has AI in it, it does not matter if 5% of 95% of people would race against AI. Once it is in the game it has to be to a quality standard that people can enjoy regardless of MP preference. Hell even iRacing, a game that is mainly about online racing has AI and people are saying it is super good already.

F1 22 is still for me the highlight of how amazing AI racing can be, the others are SRX The Game and recently also World of Outlaws.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has happened since pcars2. I assume that it is all liked to how live track works in replays.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not the I am any sort of expert on GT3/Cup Car handling, but on Default FFB the Porsches handle well IMO in the sense that "I like them" and can drive them well. A bit more understeery than the others, which I would expect due to the rear engine layout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Guys, just I need a quick confirmation about AI aggressiveness. Is it true that setting aggro at max makes them equally aggressive, so essentially disable their personalities? I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere in the forum but I can't find it. Basically this is the reason I never go above medium aggro because I want the AI behave according to their personalities defined in the AI files.

Also, I'd like to say that as an offline player I am more and more satisfied with the AI in AMS2. I like to do 1-2 hour long races and I have fun every time racing the AI. It's not super realistic (those AI to AI duels lasting several laps are still a bit immersion breaking) but it's definitely fun. I'd say the AI in ACC behaves more realistically but it gets boring pretty quick, so much so that I've uninstalled ACC. I can speak only for myself but I'm looking for some sort of entertainment when I start driving behind my toy wheel even if I need to compromise realism to some extent. I think most of us single players play some kind of a role playing game in which we are the untold heroes of motorsport. Or is it just me? o_O

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

They felt "off" on the heavy messing 2.5 I was using previous. Both the cup and gt3. Something like the Copa Truck has been misbehaving for a while on custom ffb... Just erratic jolts even when standing still.
    I expected custom ffb to need lots of work after 1.5, and I think Reiza done a very respectable job on the default profiles which to me felt completely broken for weeks. I switched to default+ and especially since the latest hotfix things feel great again for the classes I race.

8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Cant confirm that. I always run Max previously 120.(Always gave less of typical problems)
    Posted a video before their personalities that show an AI going from 10th to 1st in a race. Spectacular to see at the time, still is!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the first post in the custom AI topic in the general section it says:

• At Max "Opponent Aggression" setting, all drivers have 1.0 aggression.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably.

The actual NASCAR Double Line Rule also forbids a driver from forcing a different driver below the Double Line.

Whose fault a Double Line Rule infraction is is judged by a NASCAR steward. The game probably can't simulate that. Also, the Double Line Rule only applies to advancing your position below it, not driving there at all. It's not actually the same thing as track limits, and I don't think AMS2 simulated that part properly either.

That seems like a lot of work for a feature that applies to one AMS2 track and zero AMS2 car classes. Especially one that the game doesn't simulate correctly in the first place.

11. TomLehockySVK

You are certainly wrong about the "zero car classes" when there exists plenty in the category "oval" already. Also what does that even mean "lot of work" ?? There are only two tracks in the whole game as far as i believe where you can cross the white pit exit line and get an exceeded track limit warning - those being Long Beach and Laguna Seca. Who knows how much work that took to implement.

And if you stop and think about then it is NOT a lot of work to implement - make it work the same way like every track has when you pass someone while exceeding limits and done, problem solved. Frankly what is wrong with people like you complaining "that would take a lot of work" when you are a PLAYER of a game ? Do you not want realistic features to be implemented in a SIMULATOR ? Hell even the arcade Nascar games of the Eutechnix era had the double yellow line rule work properly on just two tracks where it is supposed to be, out of dozens of tracks that the games had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. drummerJ99

drummerJ99 New Member

To be fair..Discord is a place online gamers go to for information/discussion. Just like I'd imagine most forum users are offline gamers. Sure you have your crossover but I'd expect a poll from discord to be online leaning and a poll from forum to be offline leaning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. TomLehockySVK

On the AI topic at the moment, i did a 20 minute Brazil Stock Car 21 race at modern Interlagos while observing their moves and in the end compared their finishing positions to where they started.

Passes between drivers happened mainly in the midfield, backmarkers making no passes between each other and the top 5 had barely any changes or only were having back and forth in the same corners against each other.

One of the biggest issues i saw was turn 1 of Interlagos, not a single driver tried to defend the inside of corner entry, and if there was a driver following closely he would ALWAYS attempt a pass and in about 90% of the time managed to get ahead, only rarely did the car on the outside stay ahead.

The left hand turn after the Senna S also had occasions of passing, but no other corner had the AI make a move, they always hesitated even when from a player perspective it felt like there was a big enough opening to take a reasonably safe chance and drive side-by-side.

This was 120 difficulty and Maximum aggression.
    I will do some more test.
    4565456_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Perhaps because this is what happens so frequently when you go wheel to wheel through a set of two corners that can only be made if one driver bails out:

15. TomLehockySVK

You are comparing stock cars and open wheel cars. Stock cars can take a beating and do some door banging, real drivers do that and that should be a thing that occasionally happens because it is realistic. Real drivers do not easily back out when they have an opportunity, the AI needs to be more bold in this regard and go for risky moves. Even in open wheel racing like your video shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you start a poll in the iRacing discord (if it exists) you'll get even higher percentages for a MP vote. Rennsport is specifically being built around esports, I think they're not even planning any sort of career mode. Iirc they're going for a subscription model with the base game being for free with very limited content. Imo it is natural that their discord Is mostly populated by online/esports racers

I'm talking about absolute numbers. I read an article about this topic not too long ago which I can't seem to find anymore, in which the author(s) came to the conclusion after some research that the vast majority does not race online. Btw, if you zoom out more and say among gamers in general the absolute majority does play mobile games. That's the reason why pCARS got into it and also Kunos, bc it's a huge market.

Anyways, we should probably not start the MP discussion again :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ettore

I would agree if we did it in iracing because it's a very old community. But the RS community is more of a transversal mix as they are giving Beta for free and people are just roaming around their discord irrespective of whether they will buy or not. So I doubt it is as skewed as you would think.
    The result remains that 4300 over 4600 at least use AI as much as MP. It's pretty one sided.
    Surely AMS2 community isn't that one-sided for the very fact that most of the serious MP players get pushed away by the current shortcomings of the MP side of things.
    Anyway, let's not re-open the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ettore

Not saying either should be disregarded. Just saying I would not consider a statement that "great majority are SP users" as corresponding to 2023 players distribution. Not even in AMS2, let alone iracing or RS.

19. Ettore

I doubt such theory has any root in reality honestly. Same people I see active in the forum is also active in discords

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

In that case I suggest Reiza add a Verstappen/Earhart setting.

:D

• Funny Funny x 1