1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that poll is as skewed as my little forum poll :D As you said, many league racers and maybe also some public online racing plebs like me are gravitating more towards more online focused titles.

One more or less reliable way of checking which mode is more popular is to check achievements that can only be unlocked online or offline.

2. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please don't start the MP/SP discussion again.. take it to another thread

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

If you don't mind, would you please make a separate Thread for the AI discussion? It doesn't really belong here in this Thread. Thank you. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Official AI Report Topic

It's better suit in this location and doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The only racing series that use a NASCAR-style Double Line Rule are NASCAR and ARCA (which is owned by NASCAR). There are zero vehicles from any NASCAR or ARCA series, from any era, in the game.

I wish there was. I'd love a Cup-style stock car in the game in Racing USA Part 4. (Renato, this would be a great place to break out the whistling emoji.)

But all the cars in the actual game, including the ones flagged as "Oval," come from series that enforce a normal track limits rule rather than NASCAR's Double Line Rule.

Well, since it's the normal track limits rule, probably not that much. The Double Line Rule is different than normal track limits though, which is why it would take more time to implement than just adding more off limits areas.

Also, adding a UI option that only applies to one track, that only exists in a series that isn't in the game - in a game that isn't targeted at fans of that series - is going to add to the support burden for Reiza.

Look how many forum posts there are about "How does push-to-pass work in FUSA 2023?" The answer is that it works the same way it works in IndyCar. But it's not IndyCar fans asking that question, is it?

Well, the thing you're describing isn't how the Double Line Rule works in real life, so implementing your rule wouldn't make the game more realistic. In real life, if a car forces you below the Double Line, you ARE allowed to pass them. Also, the more pertinent part of the Double Line Rule in video games, at least in my experience, is that you're not allowed to force another car below the Double Line. If you're not penalizing that, you're not enforcing the Double Line Rule either.

AMS2 isn't smart enough to automatically assign fault to the user or the computer-controlled car in that kind of a collision. Maybe someday we can use AI for that, but right now the engine doesn't support it.

Never played the Eutechnix games, so I can't speak to that. But none of the Monster Games series nor the EA series games simulated this rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

do you have a link to this video?? sounds amazing, haha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

relocated post. Ai thread.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Not in nascar, two wrongs don’t make a right and that’s not their rule. The car passing below the line will be penalized. If you think about it, if he’s passing you below the yellow, you’re not going below him and the yellow to retake that position

“ real life, if a car forces you below the Double Line, you ARE allowed to pass them”

9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not correct. NASCAR just sucks at calling it

Video of Dale Jr passing below the yellow line and not getting a penalty:

Video of Denny Hamilin being forced below the yellow line and not getting a penalty (let's not debate this please):

Video of a driver getting penalized for forcing a competitor below the yellow line:

• Like Like x 1
  10. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Thanks Mhad, that's the post I was refering to. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Johnny37

Johnny37 Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks, I will try that!

12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I never said there wasn’t a rule saying you can’t pass below the double yellow line. My point was the car being passed below the double yellow can’t go below also to retake.

As far as nascar not making the calls, it’s their sanctioning body, they’ve always done what they feel right at the time. Nascar does suck with stage racing, chase championship and the ugly cars with funky wheels,

13. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Can’t say i’ve tried a Truck lately.
    but have just completed a league season with PCup that started before 1.5 and went through the revisions and it felt consistent throughout.

And also have spent considerable time in GT3s since 1.5 and the Porsche is undoubtedly my favourite as has the most engaging and informative feel and is so much more fun while still remaining consistent with what it felt like before 1.5 with custom file.

If you’re experiencing oddities it’s something to do with the file edit.

14. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the Nascar licence will be up for grabs soon... Hey Reiza, Racing USA part 5?

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Copa Truck has acknowledged issues. Not 100% sure if @Coanda has completed his work on them, or, if he has, whether it is in the current version of the beta we have.

16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd bet most offline players roleplay like that. Hence why many of them don't get too bothered when they can overtake 5, 6, 7 cars in the first corner of the first lap. Or when the AI make way for the player to overtake. Or when the AI doesn't benefit the same way as the player from slipstreaming. Or... well, any immersion breaking behaviour from the AI.

So it is easier to be satisfied with AMS2 AI, iRacing AI, etc. Possibly these people are happier than the grumpy ones like me who cannot accept those AI behaviours :)

17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I don't, but I may be in the minority on this one. I like to set the AI strength so I qualify mid field, and usually I stay there because I'm just not fast enough :D This takes a bit of effort because AI strength needs a bit of adjustment depending on the car and track combination.

I also tend to not overtake a lot on the run to the first corner, because offline, you make your own fun, and I find it more fun not to jump 5 cars in the first 30 seconds of the race but to keep it somewhat realistic.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Copa Trucks FFB revisions are on hold for now due to a issue with how the rack polarity is working. It's a little more involved than that however I wont bore or go into details here. There is a open ticket to further investigate and rectify this issue which hopefully will be in the not to distant future..

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I ask for a small clarification in regards to the future Leman’s mod pack?

In the Forum Dev update, you mentioned LMP and LMDH cars and updated GT3 cars to simulate next year's race.

However, in the Twitter announcement, you mention Prototypes and GT cars from this year's race. (Which would make the GT cars GTE cars?)

20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Just an observation.
    It would appear a valid Question here given.
    =
    Early reports there are strictly as OP req. but slip to discussion?
    Quote (please no discussing of other user reports - ).
    Posts that don´t adhere to the above guidelines may be removed so we can keep the topic on track.

Whether AI or MP here or?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1