1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I believe this was a positive remark. "the handling became more tricky" because it was noted before that GT3 cars were probably too fast prior to 1.5.0.4 and would be hard to spin even with traction control at zero. I know very little about driving real cars fast but
    I'm very happy with the way gt3's drive now. Absolute blast and a lot of fun. To be honest, I hate having a girlfriend right now because I have to stop racing Ams2. Muito obrigado Reiza. You guys are rock stars.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I concur, but just noting that a video of a real one is not helpful for this purpose. Was also trying to be humorous, but likely failed ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

v1.5.1 is around the corner...:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

AMS1 ?
    Is that @CrimsonEminence driving:D

5. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Sorry, I didn't even know there is a video related to your post.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It was embedded in the reply. You and I were replying to two different posts about the same topic! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried the RX with the latest update and massive improvement. So much fun to race them now, great job guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 5
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

After a long wait I finally tried the update today. I was looking forward to see how oval racing evolved.

I tested with a 40 lap race with F-USA Gen 1 @ Fontana. Accelerated tyre wear and fuel consumption (full tank lasts about 22 laps). Every other rule based in the preset (Full course yellows, 130kph pit speed, etc etc). 103 AI skill if I remember well (before, they were slower at 120).

The evolution is HUGE. I think this is the first time I can actually enjoy an oval race properly in AMS. AI cars have believable lines and pace is consistent over the course of a lap. I think I had a bit more tyre wear than them but probably due to my overdrive, I will test further, though. Overall an amazing experience.

Things that can be improved still: I won like 3 positions when pitting under green. Not an specially fast entrance-rejoin for me, so It seems they are a bit dumb when pitting. Then, the only caution was at lap 25 or so (very believable crash that I could appreciate away in the front btw). At that point everyone already pitted and should have fuel for the rest of the race. Some of them still pitted under yellow, no problem, fresh tires. But to my surprise some of them also pitted latter in the race under green with 4 or 5 laps to go. It does not seem a wise strategy.

Another annoying thing was that when the caution was out I lost a position after lifting, because the car behind me had the usual "cooldown lap hurry behavior" AI has (probably it is actually the same "issue").

A bizarre thing I noticed is that at some point when I was P12 the UI reported I was P13 for a while (like 5 or 6 seconds), when I was not fighting for position.

Overall, the experience was much MUCH better than before. It is very motivating to see that when it is the turn of an aspect to be polished, you devs push the quality in a so conspicuous way. Oval racing is a thing now in AMS2. Before, we had oval content but it was really difficult to take advantage of it.

I did some more short tests as well (Montana trucks at Gateway, different Stock cars at Fontana, etc). Behavior seems really good, but cannot report long runs there. What comes to my mind when testing those is:
    1 - there should be a way to disable P2P. It is immersion breaking, because ovals do not have those silly things :p
    2 - We NEED a proper American stock car. Any era works, anything. Perhaps a mod is enough. There is a nice variety of open wheelers now, the oval setups and oval AI for tin tops ingame were of course appreciated, but those machines just are not intended to run there.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. David Valença

David Valença New Member

After the last update of the Cruze Stock car 2023 model, it has an error in the rear light not turning on, toyotas are normal, that is to say, if you leave the graphics on low.

Regarding the light on the push-to-pass glass in the stock car, it does not turn on, as in the first game of the franchise, which makes the game closer to the real thing.

Another question is related to track updates such as the S of Santa Cruz do Sul, which nowadays has a wider stretch, and also about new sponsors on the track and in the Stock 2023 cars.

grateful

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can DEFINITELY relate :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait till you get married.... Oh no.... Wait till you have children....:p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love how P1 feels after 1.5. We've been racing 1h on Spielberg yesterday in a sunset + some rain.
    I've made a timelapse from that race:

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m still young so hopefully no accidents happen:confused:

• Funny Funny x 8
  16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I like these last updates to a point I don't race my main/usual sim these days.
    AMS2 is getting better and better (and has some advantages others just don't).

I've been racing Galeão and Cleveland (they are just relaxing tracks, just like Le Mans, lots of time to thing about the universe and where do we came from :)), but I would like AI to have the same top speed as us, and even at 120%, we are faster still. And is not just slipstreaming (AI not taking advantage the same way we do), we are faster still at side-by-side drag racing.

Keep pushing tyre behaviour on the limits, cars still feel a little too forgiven (lots of amplitude for mistakes, so we push unrealistically harder than I should be able to). The margin between "full" grip and the "total lost of grip" should be harsher.

Cars should also unseatlle more easilly, I'm thinking about offtrack incursions/cuts, small "jumps/landings" caused by kerb abusing, etc.
    This can be linked to previous point, I guess (stability issues should be more pronounced with smaller tyre grip differences, perhaps). Car momentum vector takes over grip.

I'm almost 54, I should not be able to beat AI at 120% (no matter what)... o_O

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Steam shows me v1.5.04, but no 1.5.05. Where to find the .05 version?

18. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it was a silent update

19. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

See the bottom right of main screen to get the actual version.
    Sometimes is usefull to restart Steam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

54 should not make you slow on a sim, make your joints sore more easily yes, but no necessarily slower. There are still some car/track combinations that need AI speed adjustments. You may take that same car class to another track and get your @ss whooped.

Have to disagree in the off track grip loss. It's very good as it I now, I felt the grass was too slippy before, but after trying it some more I feel it's fine as long as you don't jerk the wheel or accelerate carelessly, it's controllable but challenging. Also if you put a rear wheel on the grass while accelerating out of a corner on a RWD car you will spin. Has happened to me too may times at Brands Hatch on Dingel Dell, feels very realistic.

• Agree Agree x 1