1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems to me like a fairly unknown issue, so no one really accounts for this being a problem, some people don't even think it's possible for this to be happening. There's an awful lot of people still calling the game slidely, I think it should definitely be looked into.

2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Calling all Psychology professors!

Instead of recruiting research subjects from the same, tired group of undergraduate students, consider heading over to Reiza Studios Forum to find subjects for studying any of the following:

anchoring bias
    apophenia
    availability bias
    effort justification bias
    confirmation bias
    egocentric bias
    extension neglect
    false priors
    framing effect
    plan continuation bias
    status quo bias
    self-assessment bias
    the illusory truth effect
    placebo effects

and many more!!!

… including CHEESE!!! (Wisely contributed by @deekracer)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I took the easy way.
    I renamed the \My Documents\Automobilista 2 folder.
    And then I copied the graphic settings and controller settings back.
    And then I copied all the folders/files in Savegames back too.
    Doing this I could go on with the game without any reinstall and starting anything from scratch.
    I can report back that something happened with the physics.:cool:

It took me 3 laps to almost top the TT LB with the newest formula car (F-UltiG2).
    But beside of this the car was much more planted and controllable than before.
    But then I took the F-Reiza out.
    Disappointment.:rolleyes:
    OK I guess the car was different than before the docu delete but still crap.
    But at least the UltiG2 is a great car now (IMO).

ByTheWay: Thanks Marc. And be aware that my version of the docu thing does not need to start anything from scratch. Even the setups are still installed.:D

lb.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

So the documents folder changes the physics?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I only had to google a couple of those ^^" If I ever start a band I'll for sure name it Apophenia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

The Cadillac DPI tires are overheating too much take a look at the physics of the Cadillac DPI because they are overheating too much it gets to be bizarre there was once an update came and they fixed it now the Cadillac DPI tire problem is back and it is heating up a lot and corroding a lot.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can you tell us the track and track temp where you experienced this? I just took the car to Brasilia (inner) in January with track temp of 45C and could not replicate this issue. I tested with TC=0 as well to see if the rears would heat-up under acceleration, but no. I could get the front left to show a tinge of yellow, but that's it when driving regular race-pace laps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No, but the removal of all old set-ups could affect the handling and driving feel. Other than that, since everything else was copied back....I haven't a clue!

I have a suspicion that old set-ups can get "stuck in the works" and cause issues when the parameters are outside the proper range for new physics. Have no definitive proof, but have experienced what seems to be that happening a few ties over the years. Resetting the set-up to default manually in the game UI always fixes it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe the forced a reset of setups for V1,5

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, hard to say if that worked as intended. Marc's theory makes quite a bit of sense to me, and the result of deleting the folder entirely to start fresh would make sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Interlagos 1960 , Velopark , Daytona On tracks with high curves, Adelaide is also corroding tires could fix this

12. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I really wish we get better solution for replays and spectating. I'm unable to make good looking streams with what it is available today. I know that you can play with Race Director + Streamer role as in PCars2, but in such small community I would love to be "one man army" who is streaming and also choosing who to watch. ATM the spectator layout just looks terrible on stream, with those camera controls above, chat below, the tower showing only 17 players etc.
    I think Reiza really need to revamp HUD after those years of AMS2 being in development, it looks outdated

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I used the said command, but the navigation is not user-friendly, even for me with more than 15 years of working with 3D and animation across many software packages.

14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Seeing as there is a longstanding bug with some cars always going to a saved setup instead of a default one when reset to default is used, that makes sense.

15. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently realized that I have auto-clutch enabled. I know I tested how it works on some specific car maybe a year ago, but I could've sworn I turned it back off afterwards. I guess I forgot.

This was achieved by changing the name of the setup folder, with the new one called vehiclesetups_1_5. It should definitely work as a reset unless some parts of the game still point to the old location for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'v seen, read and experienced some weird things with computers. There always reason behind the behavior, but it's often impossible to find without access and tools to actually investigate what is happening.

I wouldn't think it's out of real of possibility that the re-install with every trace to the game deleted first would change something for some who have had problems. Official F1 games are good example of games where weird stuff happens with the updates, as if the there is some weird caching/state management going on that the devs don't have good control off. For some, update works as intended, for some not at all.

If your experience seems to be quite contradictory compared to the majority, I think it's worth a shot and it's definitely not as much work as some make it seem to be. You can always copy and backup your settings and bring them back if the re-install didn't actually change anything.

17. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, shall try, seems like a minor change but worth a shot.

19. Reto86

Reto86 New Member

Is Group C Low Downforce a bug?

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No I dont think so.
    But changing the documents content changed something that via some Madness BUG changed the physics:D

ByTheWay: I will report back when I have tested some other formula cars. Because until now I only feel the UltiG2 has become as (I feel) it should behave:whistle: