1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the wiki needs a cheese page

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Juniors AI get dirt buildup in my current Championship.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson New Member

Im curious what the next update will be and some insight into the future of developments.
    In what month can we expect the next dev-update where Renato can share his vision of the future.

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

This month

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  5. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Next month of what month ?

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Slow down….nothing is written in stone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

It's probably "imminent" :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone able to have a proper IndyCar/CART oval racing against the AI? For me it sucks big time. The AI are weird slow at some places, then weirdly fast at others. They ignore you and wipe you out at corner entry. They bunch up and slow each other out. But then they get very fast, and the lap after very slow.

Anybody got a working combo for IndyCar/CART oval racing? Or is everybody ignoring this combo for now?

9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

F usa gen 1 at Fontana?

10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Sadly, I have to agree that oval racing against the AI in any vehicle in AM2 is a noticeably unconvincing experience, precisely for the reasons you listed. If anyone knows of a combination of car and track that produces an exception to this assessment, please share it.

11. jota.191

I found a great improvement in the last fix.

In particular as I said I tested F USA Gen1 at Fontana.

About the slowdowns in some corners: they "optimize" their setup... lower your downforce and human pace is similar to AI's in every part of the track. With the default setup they are faster in the straights but have to lift where you can flat out, hence the "issue".

Lower aggressivity and hold your line. I have not found them so temerary.

Packiness is still THE annoying thing you cannot scape from.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Torsten Krämer

Torsten Krämer New Member AMS2 Club Member

edit

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  13. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've said this elsewhere here, but it's possibly particularly relevant in the oval AI discussion context - it probably doesn't help (in terms of getting fields to stretch out realistically) that all the cars all have more or less the same performance. Sure, with F-USA Gen1-3 etc you have a few different models with slightly different attributes, but all cars within each model are identical - hitting the same top speeds, etc. Even if the underlying AI behaviour is improved (which I'm sure it will continue to be) - this still seems like an unhelpful/unrealistic constraint in terms of replicating real life racing behaviour.

If we had a way to modify/scale car performance on a per-car basis - i.e. like we can for AI driver attributes with the Custom AI files - it could help a lot with creating convincing AI behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. sgsfabiano

Disagreed. I've just tried this combo. The only upside is that they don't take you out. Other than that, following your advice, not much changed, except this time I was faster everywhere, possibly because I had minimum rear wing.

Funny enough, at 100 strength it took me 5 laps to overtake the whole field and lead the race from the back. At 120 strength it took me 4 laps to do the same.

Atm AI oval racing seems pointless.

15. ChuckBeamer

ChuckBeamer Member AMS2 Club Member

I have also experienced autoclutch randomly turning itself on (sometimes the setting showed it as ON, but simetimes not while still being on). I also had to toggle it in the settings. Bound button didn't fix it... I have reported it, but haven't seen any reaction so far (or confirmations from other users).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jota.191

This is bizarre. I'll check it out later, perhaps something changed since my test. How was your race set up? (Laps, weather, etc)

17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The oval AI seems to be extremely based upon race distance. At a certain point, the AI just go into fuel saving mode and fall in nose to tail slowing each other down pretty much the entierty of the first stint. However after pit stops, a yellow flag, or on shorter races where fuel isn't a issue, the AI are extremely fast and no longer do the weird stuff they use to, like brake checking hard in turn 2 and then getting super speed out of turn 4.

We're getting there, slowly. But the Fuel saving algorithm and how and when it's activated seems to be the biggest issue. The AI is loosing seconds a lap by choosing to stay in the draft to save fuel, and slowing down massively in the turns to avoid areo pushing everywhere. Honestly, along with randomized AI car preformance like Jusk mentioned (The spread the field out more) and Disabling this fuel saving algorithm for the first 10-20 laps or so of the race, and I think we can get there.

Also custom AI does seem to help this as well. I've noticed with Jusk's custom AI packs, the AI is much more resistant to falling into a fuel saving line vs the FUS23 which I don't have custom AI for.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

FUSA Gen 1, Fontana Oval
    Strength 120 / High aggression
    Clear weather, heavy rubber, no qualy, 50 laps, rolling start, starting last with max grid, same class
    The most realistic settings
    I start with max fuel, wings 3/6, all the rest default.

19. jota.191

I have not tested yet, not at home. I'll try to reproduce your settings. But one thing I noticed: no qualy. Having a qualy session usually improves the AI behavior a lot. Having all of them out of position while well-behaved is definitely too much to ask. Perhaps that way you can improve a bit your experience.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

Nope, still useless racing vs the AI:

Like I said in the video, I sincerely cannot understand all the praise the AI gets in here.