1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

According to my friend it is and it worked on other titles

2. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pandytim99

dev news when?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any timeframe for the arrival of limited tyre sets?

• Like Like x 1
  5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Through testing and reading this forum, I'm coming to the conclusion that it will take a few months at least to really figure what changed in ver 1.5 On top of that, Reiza will be constantly tweaking as they grasp more ramifications of the physics update. Personally, I still haven't tested all the cars in regard to the update. We've come a long way, but still have a long way to go. Watching it progress is a big part of this sim.
    Double learning curve here though: upgraded to a Simagic Alpha U from a CSW 2.5 just as the update deployed.

6. Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson New Member

Any chance of a dev-update what the team is working on?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll jump in on this convo as id like to see this side of things improved also. The damage in AMS2 is great, much more detailed than in many sims! Also the A.I. are better with it than in some but still, they do get less affected performance wise than the player it seems.

They will pit if they get enough damage which is nice, and serious enough damage does seem to slow them down, but if the player car gets say 15% damage on the front splitter (in say a GT3 car) it causes alot of drag and slows the car down, it also of corse cause more understeer, not so much of either of these for the A.I.

If you get serious suspension damage, say 50% or more on any wheel, the car becomes nearly impossible to drive in a straight line at speeds over something like 50 to 60 mph (this changes with more or less damage), so you are really limping it till you get to the pits, however the A.I. with this kind of damage seem to carry on at near racing speeds and get to the pits much faster.

I love the damage scaling and love to have it turned right up to max with full damage! However if i want a long competitive race with the A.I. i usually keep it at Full Damage with only Meduim scaling, just to make the damage effects a bit more equal between me and the A.I.

I'd also love to see damage refined and tuned more specifically for different types of vehicle. I don't know if the damage works off points, sphere or whatever, but atm it seems pretty generic, but ulimately these vehicles damage very differently (different classes).

Having said that Reiza have done a great job of making the more delicate vehicles damage more easily than the tuff ones, a great example being say the F-Vintage compared to the Rally RX cars (with obviously the Rally cars being much tuffer and able to keep going with bits hanging off, but the formula cars being much more delicate and easy to get serious suspension or wheel damage)

Its just the point of impact which seem to be a bit odd. You can drive a GT3 car head on into a pit wall at low speed and damage the from splitter/bumper as you would expect, but do the same with some formula cars and nothing happens to the nose or wing, instead you get damage to the suspension arms, which are further back than the nose and wing.

Anyway im sure its something Reiza are capable of, i know they have much more pressing issues atm, I guess refining the damage to suit each car would be a bit like refining the A.I. for each different car class and track combo, it will take some time!

Anyway, rant over! Hope that makes some sense, bit of waffle but im typing in a hurry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1.5 must've been so well received that only now (1.5 days left of this month) questions about the next dev update arise. Well done, Reiza! :D

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just coming back as I forgot to mention one other thing about the damage.

Like I said the damage in AMS2 is fantastic in terms of the range of things you can damage, the visual damage, mechanical damage and so forth. However there are problems with certain types of damage being seemingly implimented on some cars but not on others, and also the movement of cars during crashes.

For example in terms of movement, take the Indy cars at a big oval. You can have a crash at 200mph that obliterates the car, but the movement of the crash is very odd. What i mean is the initial impact against another car or wall will destroy the car as expected, but the car will come to a halt almost stright away (within less than 100 ft of the impact), like the friction levels of the cars body against a wall or surface is way too high, like it gets stuck to a wall or if its on its roof, the tarmac. Wheras in real life it rolling and tumbling for 100's and 100's of feet. The cars dont roll or flip realistically. This is something that iracing (at least in single player) does extremely well! (iracing i must say has exellent damage and crash physics simulation in this regaurd).

Another example of damage to certain parts being impimented on some cars and not another (even in the same class) is the Rally RX cars. As you can see from the video example below, you can (if you deliberately try hard enough) burn out the clutch on the Citreon and Polo, but its impossible to damage the clutch at all on the Lancer and Mini.

As usual, I love what Reiza do, so I mention all of this just as suggestion for the continual improvement of the sim (which i will be a customer of for many years to come!). Cheers!
    (watch from 5:22 to 10:36 in the video to see example of clutch damage behaviour between the Polo and Lancer)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Maybe a new strategy from Reiza:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Haha! Even though Renato said we should expect for updates on even months, I don't think they have something relevant to share for now. Hold up till October guys.

12. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Hello. I read someone stating that AMS2 was lacking in terms of weight transfer/pitch sensitivity in its physics. I only play AMS2 and am perfectly content with it but I'm curious if it's something you guys noticed as well.
    If yes,
    1) Can you please explain what exactly is lacking?
    2) is it something that could be improved in the AMS2 engine?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Drive the BMW 2002 or Volkswagen Virtus TSI [non GTS] (they allow more body movement than other more stiff cars, so good for visualization) - you might see that there is no issue with load transfer at all. :rolleyes:

Pitch sensitivity is aero dependent btw., you can have insanely pitch sensitive cars that just dive by a few mm if the aerodynamic profile is prone to do it and the other way around when a car is moving centimeters and shows not so much change in center of pressure.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Mid-aged player here, with vr, motion, tactile, and coming from >5yrs of iR and in parallel all other sims.

I just had 2 great races.
    1) GT3 (porsche), dry, Nurb GT. I noticed that with very low abs (1) and very low TC (1) the car shines and the experience gets a wonderful boost of immersion and realism (according to my senses of course). With default TC and ABS both ffb and motion (car movement under braking/accelration) tend to be on the dull side. (maybe to be tried for those who find gt3 dull, arcadeish etc.)
    2) copa uno (copa classic B), wet race. Wonderful experience struggling with front grip, traction, and trying to keep momentum.

I was immersed, it was fun and to me one of the msot realistic experiences I had so far.

Thanks to the team.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Pandytim99

the damage for hitting sausage curbs at very high speed also seems to got reduced after 1.5, some cars need improvements on the visual damage like the sauber C9 that can only lose the rear wing, the low downforce 962 that can’t lose any part except the wheels, roco 001 that rn have no visual damage and so on

I made a whole dedicated thread here in the forum to discuss about damage despite it being more focused on the visual aspect of it

16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AI racing or online racing?

If AI, could you share AI strength, AI aggression, track and race length? Especially regarding #2!

17. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

AI racing
    1) gt3, AI 95 or 100 (dont remember) , mid aggression. 6 laps. P11 -> P1
    2) uno, AI 98,mid aggreesion. 12 laps. P2 -> P2 (track was the airport one)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Beta has been completely silent so I assume the team is on vacation minus Crimson whom I'm not convinced isn't a robot at this point. Lol

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Holiday? These are addicts.;)
    Edit:I wanted to avoid the word workoholics:)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The team isn't on vacation, there is lots of work going on.

• Like x 9
    • Informative x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1