1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, I would not say that's an accurate description.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those 74&75 F1 cars where definitely the ones that slid and drifted the most. I remember reading that Denny Hulme could not manhandle the McLaren the way that Fittipaldi could, one of the reasons why he was pretty soundly beaten. I feel they handle pretty good on the beta, bar the McLaren, though many seem to disagree :p.

3. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

No Way. Raceroom is a toy compared to the new physic updates of AMS2. Raceroom is quite a good game, but AMS2 is alot better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have only tried Raceroom for few minutes, so I have no idea how it compares.

Currently I race primary on rF2 in LFM, which I like a lot. I'm actually currently in a endurance race there on Road America with GTE Corvette C8R, which we have also in AMS2. This week I have practiced and raced it a lot, but also done some test sessions in AMS2 beta and I have to say, the behavior of this car is not that different, I feel I can drive it quite the same way and actually getting similar lap times with similar type of setup.

I can also feel the grip thru FFB in AMS2 really well, and not really feeling I would be missing much compared to rF2, where feeling of the grip/limit is one of the that sims strenghts. I would say I actually prefer how this car/track combination feels in AMS2 (beta).

Just wishing the multiplayer would eventually get to the point it would be elligble for LFM...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Of course what is considered better or worse is entirely subjective. For me, I consider RRE experience to be better than AMS2 post update. AMS2 pre- 1.5 update, although it had its issues with grip models and stuff, felt more real than any sim on the market to me. Post update, TO
    ME, puts it behind PC2. Because the cars are so forgiving grip-wise they’re almost boring to drive.
    It all has to do with what I’m looking for in a sim, how I expect a car I’ve never driven before to perform, how it compares to those expectations and how it translates through my hardware, setups and settings. Under-the-hood details be damned. Hamilton himself could say AMS2 has the most realistic sim physics in the market but that wouldn’t change the fact that I find RRE currently a more enjoyable, realistic feeling sim. I know you were just sharing your opinion but I wanted to add my two cents to the pile.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

A bit contradictory with the Hamilton statement, but to me it seems like you think hard is realistic. IMO that isn’t how it works, but the new new tyres are really good

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manbird12000

My point was that it doesn’t matter who tells me which sim is more real or not, doesn’t change how I feel about it. No I don’t think hard is realistic. I FEEL AMS2 front end grip physics is too forgiving, you can disagree if you like but it has already been suggested that things will continue to be tweaked in future updates, and when it does I’ll be back on the AMS2 gravy train. I’m not denying the improvements that have been made.

• Like Like x 7
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you Renato - now I get slightly optimistic again.
    After my expressed disappointment with the socalled 1.5 "update".
    So maybe AMS2 will again be my goto racing game :whistle:

But its a bit ironic here in the rearmirror to see all the people who suddenly NOW get an enlightment of what have been an "issue" in the 1.5.
    I mean all the angry posters who originally disagreed with me or even disliked me because I was so terribly wrong.
    Wrong because I could instantly feel this overdamped and smoothed out grip-end point in the 1.5 thing.
    And expressed it.:D
    1.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

The infamous F5 key is back

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Been away for a while. Dare I ask if an update is on the horizon soon then ?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

You're right. It's hard to believe that's the reason for the dislike.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't think most people were disagreeing with tire behavior having to be a bit more peaky/sharper, but with the idea that it became worse with 1.5 than it was before.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Manbird12000

It’s not an idea

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

AMS2 is still chasing a perfect translation of physics for various hardware setups, but one thing it has never been is numb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Hi everyone, been a while :) Just played a long session online with a couple friends, in our own private server - Are there any plans to fix the assist inconsistencies between sessions? we've had issues where some of us would have no assists for the races (as in, MFD completely greyed out) and it made things really difficult, as well as having our settings all reset between quali and the race themselves. Besides that, the online experience was pretty smooth, the improvements in the netcode are small but noticeably more stable! Can't wait to see some more features - the top one for me is as the lobby leader being able to kick people out, as in the community we have a few bad apples online that really make the experience pretty awful sometimes. Just sharing some feedback after playing with a couple friends for a few hours :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I honestly think they don´t know how to. There have been a few attempts but it is still there so the workaround is to keybind on/off keys for each assist and toggle them in game if they disappear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Check the assists when starting the session in the tab where you wait everyone to press ready, and if bugged go on car setup and change the tc and abs before entering on the track

19. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Appreciate the workaround guys, but also a fix would be more ideal :p. I don't remember if the devs commented on this issue before or not, which is why I'd like at least some acknowledgement or update on the matter. Hopefully its part of the multiplayer improvements down the line!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

[reply duplicated by mistake, please delete]