1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

If anyone is interested in a somewhat thorough preview, I recorded a long AI event with the recently updated F-V10G2. It showcases very nicely the progress that was made in terms of balancing while also accentuating a few lingering weaknesses - like aggressive AI sometimes being a little too eager (it was the only time I was crashed off in my four attempts though) and dirty air not being quite the same for AI and player.

On the other hand, it shows the AI using very natural lines, making mistakes, being affected by tire wear, the player being able to out-strategize the AI in terms of tire conservation, and it also shows some very natural overtaking moves which result from the fact that there aren't any big issues with AI performance left currently.

Between 8:00 and around 14:10 it's me saving tires and sitting patiently behind AI, but then it gets really interesting and (imo) exciting, with a suitably close finish.

Oh and it's my first time trying my hand at live commentary (in English), which resulted in some horribly muddied pronounciation and (I hope) some less boredom.

Disclaimer: As always, gamepad steering looking weird doesn't allow conclusions on the game's physics.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or it wasn’t seen as funny

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

If the ffb is too weak for your liking, try to increase the car specific ffb on your setup screen:

20230921163037_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can certainly say the A.I. are coming on leaps and bounds in beta land. The best they've ever been! This is the best example I can give you of their behaviour currently

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Given the context I couldn’t know if you were joking or not I thought you were a new club member and weren’t familiar with the paddock club area of the forum

maybe a /s or making the sarcasm in text a bit more clear woulda been nice since detecting sarcasm in text is a bit more difficult than in voice since you can’t hear the voice tone

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or are we clogging up the forum with pointless, easily misinterpreted and mildly reckless attempts at humour? A Paddock Club member posting in a main forum thread suggesting that Reiza have 'taken our money and done a runner' is risking non-beta members being left with a very poor and false impression of the company.

As a paddock club member myself I'd have got the joke if there had been radio silence on the beta side for a few weeks, but that's not the case. At the time of your post there had been several beta releases in quick succession. Granted, Renato and co had posted little if anything on the forum for a few days as I recall, so maybe that's what prompted the joke?

Anyway, for the record, my 'dislike' was not because of what you actually said, it was because of where you said it - in the main forum where most readers have no real way of knowing how close or far from the truth your words are.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Guy fretting about his upvotes asks if we're over sensitive...more at 11.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Nope, UDP was disabled. That is interesting how it had that affect on your wifi. But that was the first thing I tried.

9. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For example, if you take a turn and turn the steering wheel 90 degrees, you can pass through. All force feedback within this range performs normally. But on the 20-23, turning the steering wheel to 60 degrees is normal, but as soon as it passes 60 degrees, the force suddenly becomes very small.
    And the steering wheel needs to be maintained near that critical point, making it difficult to accurately control it. A slightly larger angle is particularly prone to oversteer.
    There is no such phenomenon on other cars, and I am mainly curious about what causes this experience and what is the difference

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This reminds me of the audience of a certain large country on the other side of the pond who tried to force the Monty Pytons Flying Circus to make another version of their show adapted to this country.
    Reason was this audience was unable to understand most of the sarcasm and jokes in the show.
    The Pytons refused completely because the whole secret of the Pyton humour was exactly that it was hidden in all the unsaid double meanings in Pytons sketches :whistle:

ByTheWay: Hehe check as example the sketch Argument Clinic out :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Are you comparing yourself to Monty python?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. BrunoB

Hahaha. Hilarious :D
    Didnt think I would get an answer from the other side of the pond :rolleyes:

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some said Pond?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Depends on which pond you’re talking about. Atlantic no öresund yes

15. BrunoB

16. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

[​IMG]
    Is the tire information being fixed? When I go into the pits during a practice session, it should save what my last and/or average readings are on I/M/O temps. This information here is essentially useless.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Don’t think it’s an easy fix, but I believe it will be fixed eventually

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd recommend using something like Matus Celko / SecondMonitor · GitLab
    It'll show you IMO across the whole session

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

do we have to pay 90 Euros for the paddock club to get any information about the July update?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1