1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well you can’t buy the paddock pass now and you can watch my videos to understand some things;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

Thank you - I will have a look through your videos... which would you recommend for the lastest relevant news?

3. Racinglegend1234

Well I didn’t make any videos on the AI, so @Tarmac Terrorist is the best for that, but watch my videos to get a slight hint of the new things

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. You want my banknumber? :oops::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheers mate @Racinglegend1234!
    Here you go @Berghe!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

8. pista hufnagel

pista hufnagel New Member

Hi! Please try this! With this set-up, I managed to improve my best lap time by at least 1-2 seconds everywhere! Set the sensitivity of the brake pedal and trottle pedal to 1%. . The way of the pedals is now like in a real car. After every change don't forget the pedal calibration!!
    Good luck!

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Been using 0% on the throttle for a long time now, much easier to control revs, especially at low speeds. Brake is always at 50% though, at 50 it's fully linear, wouldn't want that pedal any other way

• Like Like x 1
  10. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess that 0% throttle makes ams2 feel more inline with other sims? If I had to guess the explanation as to why here it is:

11. Bizarre Formula

When talking about settings, it isn't as straight forward as that.

How long is my brake pedal travel? Is it even travel based? Is it spring loaded? Is it a polymer stack? Potentiometer? Hall sensor? Load cell? What settings do I have in my hardware profile? What is my seating position? How tall are my pedals? How strong are my legs? How big are my feet? What is my braking technique?

If you don't know, how can you know which settings will suit? Even assuming I had an identical setup to someone else, that doesn't mean their settings would be right for me.

Not posting to have a go at anyone for sharing their tips, just to highlight that there are far more variables than just one setting in a game and even that is little more than a preference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Okay, since the coming release is probably now reaching a certain state of maturity, I have a question.
    Which classes have seen the biggest overall improvement? I already picked up the Caterhams, prototype and Sprintrace in an earlier video posted on FB. Just curious now and wondering where to start of once the RC goes live.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

So S397 Have just annouced this:

From this line in their notes:

"Now, for the part many of you have been waiting for. We’re excited to hint that there will be an opportunity for users to get their hands on the BMW M2 CS DLC for free! Yes, you read that right. Stay tuned for more detailed information on this coming your way very soon. Get ready to burn some rubber, explore the new horizons of racing with the BMW M2 CS, and as always, may the best racer win!"

It looks very much like their will be some sort of race competition to win the car for free. This gave me a thought! If Reiza updated their demo with a time trail mode (thats if it does'nt already have it, i've not got the demo installed to check), maybe they could run a monthly competition and the the driver who sets the best time at the end of the month wins a free copy of the bass game.

Maybe this could boost interest in AMS2 qand increase sales, as if the winner has the bass game they may buy the DLC, however thats only sales from one person, but I think that loads of folks would download the free demo to take part in the time trail competition (who would'nt give it a go for free if they can win the actual game), now after a month/s of playing the demo and trying to set the best times they are gunna get used to the sim and get a taste for it, and then if they don't win, they might buy the sim anyway, and then buy DLC. I wonder what @Renato Simioni would think of that, maybe its a silly idea, maybe not?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Bizarre Formula

On an unrelated note, there looks to be many wonderful and exciting things coming, however I would still love to have the ability to save custom presets for online lobbies. Having to go over all settings each time when hosting after joining someone else's server is a real pain, especially in VR.

I know there must be lots on your plate, but this would make me so very happy! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Very much agree with this!

17. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is almost exactly what the demo is, or was at the time of release - it was a time trial competition in conjunction with Acelerados......

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Is it still going on though, and can you win a copy of the basegame with it? Just thought that might give folks the insentive to get used to it. like I said, maybe its a silly idea.

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Great idea.
    My only reservation is that this competition should only be for people who dont allready own the game.
    Because otherwise...:whistle:

If all the promises in this video are fulfilled it is looking good for the next update.
    Eventhough it sounds a bit too good :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If they were to do that, they really need to update the demo to the latest physics/tyremodel, as with the current state of the demo, people that win a copy of the basegame might not even try it at all

• Agree Agree x 2