1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. uelas77

uelas77 Member

really really, but really really really thank you Reiza Team! what an update, impressive, just beyond, miles head. the fruits of your tree are excellent and your tree has very nice and strong roots!
    a big hug.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ramos11

Ramos11 New Member

This update is awesome!

But allow me to report on a bug. I purposedly cause a Safety Car so that I could test it out. I was down to last and allowed the safety car to overtake me. The game told me to overtake the safety car and catch up to the rest of the cars. However, once I overtook it, it told me allow the safety car to get past in X seconds. So, I did, and like that the game allowed me to stay ahead in the SC queue, despite being in P26 (last) nonetheless, and did not allow me to unlap myself.

Props to Reiza nonetheless, the communication, the work that has been put, the promises and the content has all been amazing. AMS2 is climbing up and up the ladder.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I was flying an arcade flight sim with my wheel, I feel so silly :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Terry Kane

Terry Kane New Member

I have the same issue, was ok before update & ok in ACC but after update the G923 won't work, went back to previous version of AMS2 & the G923 works fine

5. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Ok so first car which I have tried is Porsche Cup. First what I have noticed is that car is a little bit more agile especially front end on the high speeds. However I have found out that this car can be rotated on the trail braking very easily without any real danger of spinning. Like car is set-up to have very good rotation of back end but despite this handling of the rear is to easy. I don't know what you guys are thinking but for me handling of this car is a little bit disappointing... I have this car in RF2 and handling of back end is very tricky there - you need to be very careful with trail braking which is in correlation with real onboards which I have watched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, if you are talking about the DLC Porsche Cup car in RF2, thats a different model compared to the ones in ams2

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

It is basically the same car just newer version.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to agree sadly, I used to like watching his content, but no more after the ten minutes I saw of his stream today.
    He definitely has an agenda against ams2 I think, not sure why, maybe it's an old custom ffb file he's using that doesn't suit the new physics..

• Agree Agree x 12
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You can drive like this, yes, but in my experience only for a few laps before rear tires overheat. Can you confirm this or is it different for you?

10. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Yes I have noticed that rear tires are overheating and that driving in this way becomes more and more difficult. But generally even with optimal tyre temperature flicking of back end should be much more tricky in this car. Generally what I have seen is that nobody is flicking rear in this cars, best what you can see is gentle trail braking.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. Guess he is getting desperate for content. Won't go near that channel now, don't feed the trolls!

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Dicra

I'll say that I don't disagree, it seems a bit counterintuitive with how easy it is to get the back end to drift. I'm glad it's not a sustainable technique anymore though - before 1.5 you could and had to do this for the entire race and that at least isn't possible anymore so you have to drive it the way it's driven in real life in the long term.

• Like Like x 2
  13. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried a couple of cars and and beat my previous lap times by a few tenths.
    It did take a while until I found where I could push more than previously.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

This certain guy often talks about his "20 years experience in real race cars".
    The only car he might have driven is a sports car as he is way to corpulent to get him in an out of a real life race car like F3.
    He also drives every car in sims as it had TC and ABS, heavily braking in corners while steering and stepping on the throttle like a madman way too early. Then, he complains.
    I stopped watching any content of this dude long time ago.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dicra

then you either didn't try modern aero open wheelers or weren't at the limit previously.

16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So you are basing your opinion from a different sim and different car. Is rF2's car correct or is it just want you are used to?

17. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

The V8 Supercar still felt a bit sketchy to me but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I tried it once in 1.4 at Bathurst and now with 1.5 at Long Beach and Donington. At both of those tracks I couldn't make it around the tight hairpin turns without giving it a bit of throttle to get the rear end around. That caused me to spin it a few times so I gave up. The other car I want to compare 1.4 v. 1.5 is the Porsche Carrera Cup car at Long Beach.

18. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I was saying the same thing while watching a few minutes of it. I was the one that got him to try the F3 309, and after that I knew something was wrong. Random Callsign joined in saying he was gonna drive for 5 min and stop playing. I addressed them both in the chat and left.

I watched a stream with him and Billy Strange discussing something they felt Renato was wrong about addressing some Youtubers not driving the game long enough. I generally don't care either way about a persons opinion, but this feels personal to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can not keep having this conversation about the super V8. It is notoriously one of the most difficult cars to drive especially coming out of low speed corners. Just do a quick google search.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Also I am basing my opinion based on the real life onboards. If you watch any real life onboard of this car you will see two things: 1) They are very gentle on the entry phase of the corner: slight trail braking at its best
    2) In the middle of the corner when car is seattled up you can see wild abusing of front end in order to make car rotate
    3) On the exit of the corner you can be more aggresive on the throthle because of the rear engine placement

P. S. If you own AMS 1 you can find non-licensed version of this car there. AMS 1 implementation of this car is also very tricky on the back end handling and you cannot do stuff you can get with in AMS 2.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1