1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow what an update. It's been a real pleasure as a non-beta accessing Club Member watching the incredible hard work of the devs, the communication with the testers, and constant cycles of improvement. The end result is amazing. To me at least, all the cars that were dogs are now great. And the cars that were already great are now absolutely sublime. I'm one of those people who totally get along with Reiza's interpretation of physics, tyres and FFB (which are all finally working together), and at this point in time I'm happy to say that if I don't like a car it's just because I don't like the car, not because there's a major flaw in Reiza's implementation of it. And for the low/mid power stuff that I like the most, I'm stunned by how good it all feels and handles. Also, absolutely love the rallycross implementation and content - Ascurra is just one of the most beautiful tracks in all of simracing and throwing some Copa Classic Brazilian ****boxes around it is unbelievable fun.

Given the absolutely massive strides the game has made in its core driving mechanics, some of the whingeing and negativity that has accompanied this release is pretty unfortunate. The devs have proven yet again that they can fix unfixable Madness Engine issues, which bodes very well for a future with truly competitive AI, proper MP, proper shadow aliasing, proper rain visuals, better headlight performance etc etc. Well done to everyone involved.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Might have jumped a couple posts haha. But hey the point remains. Don’t use your phone when driving xD

• Like Like x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Funny how in some people’s eyes, when they report issues with cars that are dogs, it’s considered constructive criticism, but for anyone else reporting issues, its just whingeing and negativity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Example?

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I went and tried the 2001 car at Imola this morning. In terms of feeling, I thought the car felt good. No massive snaps of the rear out of nowhere and could feel the back end nicely when trail braking into tosa hairpin.

I managed a 1:24.764 which would have put me 11th on the 2001 grid. The spread of qualy times that year is mad, pole 1:23.054 and 22nd 1:28.281.

So in my mind the sim is in the right ball park for lap times, and nearer the fast end than the slow end. Especially considering it is a generic car from that year and not specifically a Mclaren for example. I compared my lap to a video from Jarno Trulli onboard and the cars were getting time in similar areas, nothing like the game much quicker in the corners and real life quicker on straights. It looked quite even.

So, yes it is probably slower now than before but I think it is probably more accurate now than before too. The world record on the leaderboard is a 1:19.xxx which is a bit too quick I would say. It will be interesting to see what the new world record is in 1.5 boards.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I agree there is always a very crazy lap time in the leaderboards but usually those ones arent ones that are driven realistically or clean, i think in last update by driving a clean perfect lap you would end up in the 1.23.xxx but now it's pretty much impossible (driving clean/replicating real driving)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Also after doing some testing I feel like the 2001 formula isn't really nerfed that much, but the formula reiza honestly feels seconds slower and like a f2 car compared to the old one. In Imola and Interlagos I can't find any grip after T1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

With Imola we have to keep in mind that irl it was the last race without TC, TC was introduced to the 2001 cars from Spanish GP, not from the start of the season. So when doing Imola, go to car setup and turn TC to 0. :)

EDIT: I was referring to V10 Gen2 here, if someone stumbles to this post before reading previous conversation above and on previous pages.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll have a go with the F-reiza later. Maybe at lunch (the joys of working from home!)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I never use TC

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Feels like a totally different car, I feel like there must be some problem with the car it feels really bad for me now it used to be one of my favorites, the 2001 honestly still is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. kivipallur1

Tbf, with modern cars, starting from F-Reiza, it should be somewhat easier to do as currently irl there are strict parc ferme rules, no special quali setups, engines not running on party modes as they have limited number of them per season. Until around mid '00s there were different quali and race engines which were switched around at night, so it was more of a time trial stuff back then, excluding optimum grip levels and temperatures we have in sim.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kivipallur1

Even with cars that have it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Well not for any formula cars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

So what do you have TC set to in the assists? Mine is set to "Realistic" so that cars that have TC in RL have it available and those that dont.. well.. don't. Do you keep changing this to "ON" and "OFF"?

16. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I just have it OFF always I only drive formula cars and never use it for them

• Like Like x 2
  17. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I did some checks and tests.
    Silverstone F1 2019 and 21, with the F-Ultimage Gen 1 with 2021 skins.
    AI at 120 are doing qualifying times that are pretty representative of what real drivers did.
    If the AI can do times like this, surely players can too.
    48565vu.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I don't know if you can really compare AI to real laps atleast in other games AI drives way differently and unrealisticly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

But if the AI can do lap times that are realistic at max difficulty, shouldn't players be able to do the same with the right setup and driving skill ?

• Disagree Disagree x 2