1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

wow

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a literal game changer. I need beefier PC now to race in rain more! Awesome news and rare glimpse into the work involved behind the scenes.

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. LostPatrol

LostPatrol New Member

So F5 doesn’t seem to do much on Steam, now what am I supposed to do? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

WOW!
    Here we are? :) :) :) :)

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Wait

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Don't yet expect too much from this, as far as I know they still work on calibrating these things. In the beta it is noticeable, but very subtle, and running on the ideal line is still quicker. Maybe that will have changed when we go to release, but as of now I'd advise only cautious optimism and looking forward to how this develops.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats on the excellent job you guys have made to the engine. It's amazing what a small but very determined and skilled team can do to improve a game engine.

Did not know the team was so small, kudos to the job. I know SMS had publisher pressure and all, but I imagine they were much bigger. You guys got that foundation and are building a skyscraper with it.

Hoping you guys reach the sky I am sure you are aiming for!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Lovely read... Almost too good... Left me wanting more... Especially about the track side updates... But still a very good read...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I truly think this is the foundation that everything else can now be built on, from now on this can serve as the stable platform to delve deeper into SETA and the possibilities it offers.

Very enjoyable read to finally get a glimpse of the lengths this unfixable arcade game goes to to achieve accurate results. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

good stuff, 1.5 is truly game changing for most cars, the amount of updates that have been pushed since joining the paddock club has been staggering, you all deserve a 2 week break after 1.5 is live

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having a fundament to work on is enough for me to this becoming a game changer. Especially given Reiza's immaculate work ethic - this is something to look forward to, even when it'll be fine tuned in 1.9 or later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I BELIEVE IN REIZA SUPERIORITY

ALL HAIL TO THE REIZA

AND THE NATION OF BRAZIL

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's still set to be rather conservative because the implementation is relatively fresh and it needs to be ensured that nothing "explodes" - it has to be seen as work in progress and will evolve and mature over time to be more impactful when things start to prove to be solid as rubb...rock! :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i'd put WIP in the official changelog when released, otherwise you'd have no end of armchair experts complaining about this or that

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, I didn't expect anything different when I joyned the backing campaign.
    I always had faith in :hurrayreiza:.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

So we shall wait for another dev update then?
    Sorry for the confusion but I was thinking the June update would focus on coming content/licenses/goodies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

It seems the new adrenaline content would benefit a lot more from the physics advancements, maybe it should be prioritized.

18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I guess it will come on August? (not complaining though take your time, the update is looking incredible)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

From some videos it seems like the rallycross cars handle the bottoming out after jumps a little too well imo. Is their suspention really that good? Anyway, i'm hyped about wet lines and the physics developments.

20. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great read as always Renato! And for those who hunger for a tiny bit more 1.5 content have an amazing late race battle I had with the AI! Though I don't think the virtual GT5 drivers are too happy about me making them race in the dark without headlights

Jokes aside, this combination of cars and track have been my favorite (though at first i didnt add the P1's) ever since I joined the Paddock Club. I remember making a mistake in Senna S due to slightly out braking myself trying to take the lead and having to avoid a P1 Gen 2 car but I was able to quickly recover behind the leaders in GT4 (perhaps too quickly according to the game :whistle:). Still I lost time so I began to push, was able to make it past the Ginetta in P2 and was able to stay ahead through the slower corners despite them catching right back up. Video starts not long after that. This and racing the GT1 cars are the most fun I've ever had in simracing, atleast in recent memory. Even though I don't like hyping stuff, I cannot lie to you guys and say I haven't been having a blast with these revisions.

• Like Like x 4