1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Don’t leave out the opportunity to relish a battle among Group C titans at Spa ‘93. Consider it Exhibit A in the counter argument to “AC is so much better than AMS2”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would not call what people are describing as easier to drive a bug, thought I agree more QA is indeed needed, but it's a very small team at Reiza, so I can understand the struggle.

Also the the info about the modern F1 tires lasting 2 laps is completely wrong, I did 24 laps on soft tires at Interlagos in the Ultimate G2 and lost about 1.5 seconds of pace, could have gone longer.

While there are people that will praise and tolerate issues more than others, the same goes for those that find faults where there are none or are inconsequential. Try the sim yourself and find your own conclusion, it's difficult to find common ground and real objectivity around so many different opinions and tastes.

I saw a video posted on the new videos thread and the guy was spot on with his intro message. People will inevitably have preference on their most played sim, it's very difficult for someone that only plays ACC/AC, Iracing, et al, to get used to a new sim without finding something that feels different to what you are used to, and that goes both ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Opinions differ a lot, in fact, now about the brakes, i'm comfortable with them, it just required a period of adaptation and a modulation in my strength on the pedals, and the cars in group A were some of the ones that made me sad too, the difference now is brutal, but i also missed the C9 turbo as a guy mentioned above, so corrections are obviously necessary, the sooner more people point out the flaws, the faster they will be corrected, now i'm having fun gathering the opinions of others, mainly YouTubers, it seems that we are converting one more to our religion:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Well there's this report...
    Formula Uptimate Gen 2 Tyre discussion.

If 2 people are experiencing very different things then it's a bug... That's the best case scenario for this too easy to drive problem...

If it's a design flaw that has changed the grip profile of the tyres then Reiza risks alienating a lot of drivers who loved what they had between 1.4 and 1.48... And some of them may not be willing to come back when they've taken away some of the extra grip because of the profile of the grip has changed to what is outside of their comfort zone and it's basically a different game to them...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find with a number of cars too that braking in anything other that a straight line will try and make them spin and when it happens I find it unexpected. Sometimes when I finish a race on the cooldown lap I will purposely try to induce one of these braking oversteer moments and then often get the opposite result. It is the braking that is the only thing that I have question marks about but I have never driven a RL race car so have no benchmark for it. It also seems to not just be limited aero or non aero cars or cars with a specific engine location.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well rf2 took more than 4 years to fix the AI on throttle off throttle brake issue that they introduced in one of their updates so Reiza are way in front then, lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

I find 1.5 just really really good in terms of sim drivability and IRL realism. In reality you can overdrive every car while having a plausible feel of what is happening (between still being in control and loosing the car). Which imo is mostly communicated by the way the weightshifts happen in IRL and in the sim. That‘s where AMS2 1.5 really shines. Better now than all other sims. Regarding breaking: Cars behave differently. I find it normal that you have to change break pressure. I perceive the cars breaking behavior plausible depending on how I set break pessure. Same goes with the nicely gradually working TC. I think Reiza did a hell of a job.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Assetto Corsa 2014 devs never fixed the terrible AI so Reiza are infinitely in front at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Using T-LCM pedals, which are load-cell, still much better when i have brake pressure at around 80 - 85.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't followed the discussion but I don't understand this logic, maybe you can help me understand. Why does it have to be a bug if 2 people experience two different things? Isn't it the other way around? If there's an issue and it is a bug it has to be reproducible somehow. If it's reproducible then 2 people experience the exact same thing.

If one reports an issue and the other person can't confirm the same issue, then imo the problem is on their end.
    Btw, initial tyre grip dropping after just a few laps is what happens IRL, it happens in prototype and GT racing, and it certainly happens in F1 as well. To what extent it happens in AMS2 is again a matter of calibration.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I have the Clubsport V3 and I have to lower the pressure to 80-85, but I had a suspicion that it might be because I like a long brake pedal, will try increasing the resistance to see if that might be the main cause.

12. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

I feel a marked difference in the braking with 1.5 and a sample of older - non ABS cars.
    I was running 85% brake pressure (LC) to account for the ease with locking on the vintage and classic cars. Tried the C3 Corvette: cold tyres, green track, early morning and couldn't lock the brakes at all. This car has discs all round and, even though they are 1973 brakes, they still feel very underpowered. Ultima Race GT, it's now much harder to lock the brakes on this, which is probably a good thing as this was an evil brake locker before. I've now gone back up to 95% brake pressure to adjust the feel on the new tyres under braking. Also drove the C9 Sauber and Porsche Group C, same story regarding brake force and locking - sometimes it feels as if there is a hidden amount of ABS operating on the wheels (all these aids are turned off). Hopefully these are WIP and will be tuned somewhat in the future.

13. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I totally agree with you. I loved this car in PC2 but i never liked it in AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

That's very high on my "Things To Do" list but I have to conquer Formula Classic V10 Gen2 at the same track first. The last race there ended with me wiping out at Raidillon on the last lap. Can't have that.

15. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

It's amazing how far AMS2 has come. The vintage formula cars are now incredible fun to drive in historical tracks. I remember back when you couldn't accelerate without them instantly killing you, and having people in this forum tell me that that was realistic somehow... Anyway, great job, this sim is a blast to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe. On my case, I'm running a stiff brake with little movement. I like the feeling it provides, and helps me to keep pedals level when doing Heel and Toe. I need to STOMP the middle pedal to reach 100%, and it's not easy to hold it for my leg strength (I think it's also due to elastomers also tending to fight back after the initial press, which helps with bleed off and trailbraking).

• Like Like x 1
  17. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Lepegit870

Lepegit870 New Member

Too much grip, too slidey what is it then? what does he know about anything? I feel like i'm having a much more realistic experience now than before V1.5. He's just a hater..

• Disagree Disagree x 20
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great information in there, and well presented. Lots of good feedback for Reiza I think.

• Agree Agree x 16
  20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

he actually has a career in sim racing esports, works closely with bmw and has won official SRO championships, he's a bit better qualified than us basement dwellers to judge as most of us don't get anywhere near the limit of the car like a true alien does

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1