1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Personic

Personic New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it needs mentioning how much the default+ ffb has improved. Strength is consistent with all vehicles and the "spikes" I used to get are now gone. So much so that I have been able to turn the filtering in the Fanatec driver to 0% and the intensity to 100% whilst putting the gain up. Good job and I only foresee greater things ahead !

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great read, I love this stuff. Reiza should show off more to give people an idea about what‘s going on under the hood.

Congratulations Renato and team on this milestone. I hope you can get some deserved rest now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

My suggestion is putting emphasis in this when the release is done. I can already see those "influencers" that are unable to read a full changelog "reviewing" the feature and complying it is too subtle or even nonexistent. At least put it in a bold font so there are some chances they read :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do "influencers" do their "influencing" things in the rain ever, besides occasional thunderstorm for the lulz ? In any case, precising it is work in progress to tamper expectation is a good idea.

5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a great solution to the performance issues with headlights. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Joining the Paddock Club among other things exposed me to AMS. Experiencing both the past and current releases has given me even greater respect and admiration for the incredible individuals you highlight. This article will make me reflect on the amazing masterpieces you provide us to enjoy and experience cars and places I will never see every time I launch the SIMs. THANK YOU!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

This is great stuff!
    big THANX to the whole Dev-TEAM :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah lots of promissing words.
    I would like to get the 1.5 upd downloaded to be ehh.. a bit more convinced :whistle:

ByTheWay: I dont really see what a discussion of potiential influencers views has to do with this.
    I mean I never check their videos - so...:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bold of you assume they care enough to come here to read it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. randomracesuk

randomracesuk RRUK

Wow. Straight over the top of my head.

What Happened To

E = mc2 Explained

E = mc2. It's the world's most famous equation, but what does it really mean? "Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared." On the most basic level, the equation says that energy and mass (matter) are interchangeable; they are different forms of the same thing.

:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

In laymans terms- tire model made gooder, everything around car goodened as result, car drive good now ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to all Reiza Team members for this and past amazing updates! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The June Dev Update Pt2 which became July Dev Update and which now is in limbo was indeed focused on the new DLC content and the remaining features of V1.5 not touched upon in the June Dev Update. Obviously this is all good info for you folks to have along with the update itself and we will include at least the most essential stuff with v1.5 release notes, but I frankly don´t know when I´ll get through completing another full-blown dev update. It´s been a pretty exhausting run in recent weeks which as usual grew over-ambitious and went over-schedule, and that has eaten into everyone´s holiday time including my own - we´ll catch our breath for a few days after release and evaluate whether there is value in a post-release article or if it might be best to just bundle it up with the August Dev Update at some point later next month. I think the game update itself is where the true value is at, and at least that bit we managed to complete :)

• Like Like x 28
    • Agree Agree x 17
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Winner Winner x 7
  14. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well the changelog is posted to Steam as well, so they will read it from there. And they most certainly will read it because otherwise they wouldn't know what to review exactly.

15. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

most sim youtubers (obviously not all but a vast majority of "big" ones) haven't got a clue what they are talking about most of the time anyway, usually it's the smaller guys on YT who are more clued up, but unfortunately most humans are more interested in someone saying "wang" than actual meaningful content

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Fantastic stuff, love the detail, great job as always Reiza. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Dare I ask, does this mean that the 1.5 drop is imminent for full release or RC?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GabDeto

GabDeto New Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni thanks for this "behind the scene" update. I'm also curios to se your July branch history :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yep all good from my side, sorry if sounded harsh or like I was pushing you guys.
    The update development was a crazy ride, the betas release were fast and on point everytime, congrats!
    You guys deserve a good holiday and enjoy the praises will come from 1.5.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The wider sim community will be the real judge of all this. I notice that JB gave a qualified thumbs -up to the currently released 1.5 cars, and he really, REALLY doesn't like Reiza at all. Not one little bit...:D

It'll come down to the tin-tops. That's what many people outwith the AMS2 community generally got for. If they handle anywhere near ACC's level, then 1.5 stands a chance of finally cutting through.

Drum roll, please...

20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

e-diffs? That catched my attention, would that also work for F1s of this century?

Loved this article! :)

• Agree Agree x 1