Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Not only that...

But if you expect a certain range and drive to that range when you try and push out of that range you do so in a much sharper way than someone who is looking to push out the envelope...

A lot of the disconnect is down to people driving to an expectation that they are going to spin and not figure a way out of it with their hands...

It's either that or a lot of people still can't tune in their FFB so are filling in blanks that other people now get a lot of feedback in and therefore feel the grip that those without their FFB working properly can't...

The only other possibility is a lot of people have traction control stuck on...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

People always complain what its right or what its wrong with simulations. This is something that i dont understand. Back in the day with rFactor 1 i was part of it, people enjoy the sim and love the updates the sim gets. No one was complaining how real the game is, just enjoying the game. Its just a game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Scar666

Did we have a different internet?

rF1 vs AC was a thing after GTR2 vs rF1 was a thing...

iRacing vs anything was always a thing... lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I used to visit netnews rec.autos.simulators back in the day as well as High Gear forums. There were always arguments about realism of one sim versus the other. Specifically remember heated discussions about GP4 vs F1C 99-02. These sorts of arguments have always been present.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL there are still discussions between those two games. I actually think AMS2 vs RF2 discussions are pretty similar to those 2.
    Small but very passionate defenders from both camps.

6. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

The intention is sometimes what counts, and the wisdom to find a balance point, because without comparisons and criticism, we would hardly see any improvement, this goes for practically any product or service offered.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Scar666

We wouldn't be here if we didn't care about the product...

You don't see me writing walls of text on the ACC forums...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But not to the extreme scrutiny of nowadays with (some) people obsessing about it and going into extreme nitpicking of everything, as if simracing could 100% reproduce reality.
    Add youtubers in the mix that crave for drama and it can all be tiresome quick.
    Happy is the simracer that avoids all this and enjoy stuff candidly for what it is, without losing sleep over real world vs sim lap times and other considerations...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-8-5_12-46-4.png

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's sort of an evolution.

Physics models have evolved a lot, computational capacity is much higher, hardware devices for simracing are much better, information about the real life series that are being simulated is way deeper, and games are more barebones in terms of their full set of features.

At some point, the nitpicking is inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Scar666

Some people's reality of the way the internet was is about as different as those who haven't tuned their FFB and don't feel the extra grip... After spending some time online in voice it seems that those who didn't touch their FFB settings after the update aren't feeling what I am and those that tuned to the new reality or deleted their mydocs folder are... Comparing set up notes and some just can't throw the junk set ups I can at cars, as they spin as I would expect to do but I can just power on through the problems... They just aren't getting the FFB cues I am...

Sim racers have always been about the drama of what they perceive is real and how much is missing from the seat of pants feel of being in a car that should make sim racing harder than real life... The reason I enjoyed AMS2 was because it was a great blend of just easy enough to drive anything in the title after tuning it to the track to just hard enough that I had respect for those who get paid to do it in real life...

The early tyre model wars were interesting... And when there was a lot of content to enjoy on something highly praised like GTR2 there was a little lull in the discourse, but it was still there... The content didn't stop people saying car x is wrong because of this parameter and others swearing that it's the most realistic representation ever...

14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Why?
    OK maybe as a gratitude of the warm reception my comments allways get in this forum :whistle:

ByTheWay: Yeah really thinking about helping people to "experience the feeling of being skilled and move on from being casual drivers". But my name is BrunoB and not Jesus Christenson ;)

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Actually that was EXCACTLY my point in the post - my good man :)

16. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

you keep talking about ppl not tuning their ffb correctly, there's nothing to tune, literally an fx slider that's it, what are you even talking about? seems like you are trying to make some weird excuse for others not sharing your opinions

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whops, my bad then. Missunderstood your message ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

there’s a custom force feedback .txt in the ams 2 documents folder just saying

19. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

One word. Damper. Get it wrong and the game feels...ummmm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well after playing ACC and AMS2 back to back, AMS2 FFB in my opinion is much more detailed, but ACC gives a better feeling of resistance on my wheel (MozaR5). I can ramp the gain on AMS2 to get that sort of resistance but then I have to lower the FX to almost 0 because it gets too busy and strong. So it's not really one slider only, FFB has such a range of flavors that it's pretty difficult to please everyone, much like the physics :confused:.

I think AMS2 FFB being as detailed as it is, is a little more complicated to get a good baseline to fit all wheels, while in games like ACC and F12023 in my case, they are pretty good right out of the box!
    Once you get AMS2 FFB right though, nothing really beats it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1