1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Ofcourse my good man :D
    Here we go:
    \My Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\<>\automobilista 2\profiles\ default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we get dev update today?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yes.... Thunderflash' 488 would see the most use with me. I'm not sure if that's not just the "finally a Ferrari in the game" phenomenon, but it has distinct ACC vibes in both ffb and general handling, whilst still leaning toward the more forgiving side of things. When really pushed beyond, it can spin or get into an uncontrollable slide, but only after overcooking to a degree you wouldn't dream to get away with in ACC.
    But Thunderflash has done an excellent job on his mods for sure.
    Funny enough I find the "overlapping" cars that were already in ams2 to be a bit more alive and connected feeling, so I prefer those in general. But I'm happy to have the Audi, the beastly 650s, and the Huracan, along with the 488 as extra content. Also very positively surprised how good it all feels with my default+ profile I mostly use atm.
    I'm gonna try some of the other TF mods today, it's almost too much to get around to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

REIZA WHEN JULY DEV UPDATE?
    AND AUGUST DEV UPDATE?
    AND SEPTEMBER DEV UPDATE?

REIZA PLZ
    REIZA
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

7. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Already released :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s not acceptable, as you can see CAPS were used, do something!

9. Xorezzz

Xorezzz New Member

I tried Ams2 a year ago but felt there was a pc2 "feel" I could'nt stand with, but tried it back since last week coming from Iracing, as I could get nice vr graphics with sharpen filter.

First impression was that I still got this pc2 feel, first car I tried was the 992cup and I felt that I could throw it randomly and quite agressively to a corner and it would never loose balance, then tried Mclaren Gt3 and had the slidey feel some describe compared to iracing.

Then I tried the advanced formula trainer, figured out that I could have similar feel than with the 1600 in iracing.

So short story I set up the default+ Ffb with just 40 dampening instead of 60 by default for my wheel (csldd 8nm). Then I set my dampening setting in the fanatec panel to 0 (25 by default). In Iracing I got it set at 15 by default (panel) and 0 in game. With those settings the feel of the ffb became really close to what I get in Iracing but with richer effects (that are quite realistic to me, motor vibration etc that we experience irl add much to the immersion, they are not fake effects they actually exist irl but not in Iracing).
    The slidey feeling is near gone completely, even with gt3. I tried gt4 then and had a blast, as they drive and feel like Iracing mostly, with all their differencies. The Mclaren feels like the one in Iracing and I was quite surprised because it has such an unique feeling in IR, same for the porsche and merc, but with in my opinion better FFB in ams2, I had so much good time with de GT4s!
    So my conclusion is that the Ffb plays a major role in the slidey feeling, and that dampening erases some of the Ffb informations, that can lead to this feeling.

Coming back and forth from iracing to ams2 with gt4s I think Ams has now the best gt4 serie in term of driving, not arcadey at all actually but more lively than Iracing counterpart thanks to the ffb.

I could'nt get the same feeling for every cars in the game but it's still a major achievement to me and I really wish the best for this sim and the devs, hope the gap with keep closing (bop, circuit limits, online population, default setups, ...).

Now I go back to the game and keep exploring.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

No title past or present, to my recollection, is so strongly dependent on the ffb settings for it's feel and perceived physics. Been like that for a long time, and I'll be taking the entire roster for a test lap to make ffb adjustments once 1.6 rolls around.
    When 1.5 just released I couldn't believe how broken it felt on default ffb, had to shop for a custom one. But that's just part and parcel when they keep improving on car/tire physics.
    I've taken a bit of a hiatus with regards to simracing, so that blue update button in Steam will be my cue to get back in.
    Wery excited!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You should be happy when the next version release...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

-EDIT- so, idk what it is, but now I'm thinking is the transitionary period between dry and wet, where neither wet or dry tire can function. Putting on a wet tire on a track that is damp is super scary. As the track made its way to wet, the wet tire got more and more grip and became more predictable.

Question guys. About rain tires.

As I understand, the Reiza team is hard at work on the next update for the tire model, specifically rain tire handling correct? I ask because, and I've done a thread in the past can someone try the GT1 Wets on a wet/soaked track? here, is that I'm becoming more convinced that the rain tires aren't working as intended on some cars, but not others. My previous thread was about the GT1 tires, but I'm also experiencing the same in the Group C class.

In the previous thread some were convinced it was a discrepancy between the AI performance and the player, but I think it's the tires. Now obviously I lack talent and have no idea if the handling is accurate as it was in real life. But when I drive the formula cars, wouldn't you believe it the wets have what to me feels like authentic grip. I can drive the cars. I can keep up with the AI and the AI with me. It works.

But trying it on the GT1 or Group C, no dice. I'm spinning, can't turn, can't put down the power. Idk. Maybe I just need more practice.

Or maybe this is something Reiza is working on. Do we know?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Every tire for every road state in the game is being updated. Just not simultaneously... The default tires for all series are being done first with all the secondary and rain tires to follow. That being said, there are updates to some of the other tires already, but it would not be surprising if we notice discrepancies.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

"Disregard this message."

15. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

"
    "were too caught up figuring out dry weather tires to make the case wet weather physics have ever been close to right or a good as they could be for all classes – that case we can make now, with improvements both to wet tires (or street / all-weather tire physics on the wet and even slicks on wet)"

I hope then this is the solution I've been hoping for to address what I've been feeling with some of the wet tires. We believe in you Reiza!

16. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Well I dont know what to feel about it. It does prove that AMS2 can feel amazing but I am also disappointed that a mod feels so much better than any official car. I swear if everyone would try that Thunderflash' 488 mod no one would complain about the ffb/physics of this game.

17. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I have a T300RS GT, and use the custom FFB named rFuktor ver 5.0.1.3 for ages now, and it is by far the BEST FFB in any sim i ever felt ! Literally perfect for every car, and i can react and catch the car like i never could before using just default.

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Is that because of our perception of "better" being compared to other simulations or to reality. Not many of us have experience with both in terms of racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I agreed with you, but also recognize that since this is somewhere between a game and a full-blown simulator, whatever settings, distortions, or manipulations that work for your own brain to allow you to optimize control of the car are fair game. It is not possible to exactly replicate the real thing even if you have a $100K motion rig, triple screens, etc.

The other reality is that a majority of users regularly deploy inauthentic aids or don't use/have fully authentic controllers...so adjusting FFB in ways that help individuals is hardly the biggest worry :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Dont take this as I completely disagree with you about this - BUT...
    But you dont have to be a prof fulltime racing driver to be able to feel if a racing game does simulate "the real thing" reasonably well.:whistle:

What what? You probably think.:D
    But if you own a more or less normal road car and from time to time does feel the adreanline rush by taking corners close to the edge of what this car is able to - then you allready know something about how a 4 wheel motor vehicle feels driving fast.
    No you dont know exactly how it is to drive a formula 1 car (from any year) - BUT...
    But you get a feeling of what is realistic and what is not.
    I say this because when I was young I tried to make a career in formula cars (FF1600), and I can honestly say that the feeling driving such an enhanced go-kart :D wasnt completely different from driving my day to day car at that time (a tiny Fiat 600 with a 903 cc engine from a Fiat Sport Spider :p).

Long story short: Most people who are able to control a RL car at cornering speeds faster than grand ma have a good chance to be able to distinguish if a racing game are simulating realistic car behaviour or not. No reason to pretend that even F1 cars does behave like they are governed by some complete other physical laws than more normal RL cars.:cool:

FIAT 850 Sport Spider.jpg