1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Well... Isn't this how they should be? We're talking extreme rain which today usually triggers a red flag.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IMO it shouldn’t be easy to replicate those times using the default setup

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

All the hard work (i love it) but GM still hating around. He says AMS 2 is slidey and has slomo physics and every other Sim is better.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I really can't say what it is exactly, but when the update came out I immediately jumped on track which I had just grinded hours ago, and my lap were like 3-4 seconds off with the exact same strat and setup. I've tried to play more and adjust my driving but I just can't even get close to the old laps, someone said something about a nerf for high DF cars so I guess it might be that I'm just not finding the grip I used to, so I have to go slower and can't push as hard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I understand, the physics improvements were not designed to directly impact lap times. It just provides more control and consistency around grip level at the edge, and less "loose" rear end. Those new benefits might provide you with more control, which in turn might improve lap times but otherwise, no raw speed gain or loss.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

he doesn't even have a driving licence irl and liked pcars physics, i wouldn't listen to a word he says

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest my expectation was to have the same FFB feeling I have with rF2, this is not the case. Ok better than before and the physics are quite good for me. Maybe I have to find the right settings to use with my CSL DD wheel.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't like the physics or the fact that you're now more realistically slower? :whistle:

There's tons of experience and skill required to get anywhere close, let alone match those times including hours on simulator with gazzilion of engineers looking for those fraction of a second.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Has anyone else actually tried to match their old time trial times with the new physics? I feel like there is a really big difference, for example in Monaco with my old setup I can't control the car at all and am crashing all the time and in the last patch it felt so easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

No license IRL wtf

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Thumbs down are sky rocketing at his new video. Nice job. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The setups from before 1.5 shouldn't be used now. Some might be ok, but some set up values have changed which can cause issues. This is why reiza reset everyone's setups.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you say "gotta avoid"… why did you in the same post share the video that we're supposed to avoid? (That was a rhetorical question.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Well, AMS2 will never have the same feeling like rF2. Every sim hast it's own interpretation of reality.
    I do like the FFB of rF2 too, but i wouldn't say it's better or worse. It's simply different!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Yes I understand this, but also take in to account you can drive a bit more dangerously on a sim than in real life, also always perfect weather conditions, unlimited tries and no other people on the track at same time. Also im trying to match atleast 10-20 years old poles so i don't know if they had same amount of the engineers as today. some of the laps im trying to match are far from a "perfect lap" but now I just can't even get close to them. I can in all the other sims but not in this patch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

So has anyone else tried to compare for example formula Reiza, V10 gen 2, ultimate gen 1. times from this patch to old patch? I'm interested what kind of results other people are getting?

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It took years of driving and understanding those cars to be able to post those magical pole position laps. I'm sure you're talented, but I'd be surprised if you're on real F1 driver level. Maybe those other sim titles you've mentioned are just too easy ;)

18. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I mean yeah they are a lot better ofcourse but I think F1 drivers can also do alot better in sim than in real life, because there is none of the variables i mentioned and so i think for that reason it shouldnt be that much of a challenge for a regular sim racer, maybe the amazing perfect laps with perfect conditions should be hard but most pole laps are not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Good, because it becomes unstable and uncontrollable

• Like Like x 2
  20. Djin

Djin Member

Yesterday, I attempted to improve my GT3 lap times at Bathurst and Silverstone. Surprisingly, I was able to easily set new records, reducing my time by 1 second at Silverstone and 2 seconds at Bathurst. Overall I have a much better feeling of the car with all the FFB options (default, default + and custom). My favorite custom FFB is "uScorpii/Karsten Enhanced FX Feel", I can really feel the grip of the tires and the surface of the road. It's quite old but to this day it's the best one i've tried.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1