1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If that was correct then its strange that everybody who have tried "objectively" to compare laptimes before/after 1.5 does agree that the laptimes are about 2-3 sec slower with similiar setups as before. (except Djin above:D)

ByTheWay: The only way to "objectively" compare is in TT mode.

BTW2: If it was possible to run at lower laptimes then there was no reason the TT LBs should be erased in a few weeks :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I meant formula times I don't really drive anything else, tried GT3 and thought that felt better tho

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I like rF2 ffb as well but, if you want to get close with AMS2 ffb, you may need to find a custom profile and tune it to your preferences (imo). I have used one of the (later version) Atmos files that has a more progressive resistance leading up to front grip loss.

That characteristic (in rF2 ffb) combined with optimally-tuned tire noise makes finding optimal grip very effective but, we should keep in mind that tire-noise is not fully optimized in AMS2 yet. That audio was very well done in AMS1, and I expect no less in AMS2, eventually.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

This
    This is a somewhat uneducated reply but here’s my thoughts. You are likely not a professional race car driver and most of us have zero chance at the pole of a real F1 or likely many race cars up against professional drivers. My guess is your drop in times are due to it being more realistic than before. Plus, with new physics takes time to adjust your driving so you’ll likely pickup a bunch of that 3-4 seconds with practice. I say go by feel, do you like the way they drive better, don’t focus on comparing yourself to the pros. I’d be more interested how I stacked up in Multiplayer, are you able to to keep up in most lobbies? If not, it’s you and you need practice. Go by feel and to me every car feels better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m still having cloudy side and rear view mirrors randomly and the most frustrating issue currently is on TC and/or ABS cars (mainly notice it on GT3/GT4), practice/qualifying no issues. Get in the race and no TC or ABS. I’ve had this happen when set to Authentic or On for those assists. Very frustrating sliding through turn 1 or 2 thinking you broke in time and either going into grass or taking dudes out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes grip was reduced so laptimes will be down. But apart from that what is wrong with the feeling?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Yeah I get what you say I just don't really do multiplayer just have to wait until leaderboards are reset so I know how good my current laps are and also to get the best current setups that work in this patch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Ok nothing wrong with that just seems everyone says different things that lap times should or shouldn't be affected. I totally understand the nerf but maybe they overdid it a bit too much or I just have to change my setups a bit

9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I know there were grip reductions in several cars, not all possibly as I don't have a precise list. And that is sure info from Crimson who mentioned it. If you are losing 3-4 seconds it is most likely the case that the car you are using was the subject of one of those reductions

• Like Like x 2
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Exact opposite, all of the F1 cars feel better than they ever did . I used to hate how the F-Ultimate 2019 felt before, now i am finally enjoying them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What laptimes are you doing / looking to emulate?

I will have a go at seeing if I can get close and see how it feels.

12. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have any active time trial times from 1.4 with these cars and I can't compare but from my experience with 1.5 and GT3 cars (not comparing to 1.4 times though) then in Brands Hatch with Porsche changing ffb from Default+ to Default gave me -1.2 sec and messing few things with setup (turning TC and ABS to minimum, fuel amount, radiator opening) gave me another -1.5 sec. I had been away from the game long time but no laps were perfect and I'm mediocre driver but I just understood car better with another ffb and these setups are really on the safe side. Haven't tried custom ffb yet. Try changing setups as well, specially because V10 gen 2 has TC.

But in general yeah, comparing lap times with new physics is pointless, it was same when ACC had its latest update. Some guys were like "I hate this new physics, it's not real, I was in low 47 in Monza, now I'm high 48 or something". Don't be like them :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Yeah just that the 3-4sec feels kinda extreme. I dont use any assists but I wouldnt really mind if i'm like a second slower than previously but i guess i have to get more used to new physics and try different setups

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

For example Imola 2001 with the V10 gen 2. (the 2001 car) my lap time was 1.23.000 which was 0.00.054 faster than pole now I get like 1.25:500. and another one is suzuka with the gen 1 ultimate (2019 car) I got 1:26.600 now 1:29.600

• Like Like x 3
  15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

^^^^^ This 1000%

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

My advice: ignore him. I've stopped a long time ago watching all of these youtubers. What I dislike is the fact that they seem to present themselves as the ultimate judge of a sim's quality, especially the physics. I always ask myself the same question: what is their background? Are they real-life racers? Race engineers (or engineers, period)? Designers? It seems to me like the majority of them are simply people who spend a lot of time simracing and are looking to score some free stuff from developpers and manufacturers.

These days, I'm more than happy to rely on my own opinion, and only that. If I like a sim, I don't care what anybody else on YouTube says.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. BrunoB

F-Reiza 4sec slower. F-UltiG1 2-3 sec slower.
    TT mode because this is the only way to objectively compare to same persons pre 1.5 laptimes.:cool:

ByTheWay: Feelings about slower/faster is probably not the most objective compare method.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Regards SP and using F Ultimate Gen2, I like the AI tire wear performance degradation now. Just need tweak pit stop logic, because AI loves racing long stints with softs... But now is fun to save tires!!! Good work!!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Sounds about the same i'm getting, I pretty much only do formula and TT

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BrunoB

Just to show some exact numbers of the difference before/after 1.5 in the F-Reiza in TT mode.
    Im driving my pants off with my best setups (similiar). ;)
    Cant go much faster.:cool:
    Its from SPA Historic without/with the chicane.
    Note that on such a loong track then the difference is much more than about 3 sec.
    Which is an indication that its not only the grip that has been lowered on the 1.5 cars.:whistle:

SPA-Hist-u-wChicane.png

ByTheWay: Do I have to say that its the 2x Session Best that is the new 1.5 laptimes?:D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1