1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Are these issues being tracked? Had it again last night with the Ginetta GT4 Supercup at Brands Hatch practicing offline where you can reset to defaults but then any changes you make revert unless you reset to defaults then immediately save with a different setup name. I don't think the car or track or session type matters.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

FWD Cars feel fine with my settings on Default+. And by fine I mean in proportion to the RWD cars.

If you provide your FFB profile and corresponding settings, there may be some clue as to what is happening at your end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: Speilberg GP
    Car Used: Group A
    Applicable Settings: Summer, 20 cars in an online race no idea if it was hosted by a server or just an open lobby... Graphical settings on full, Pit Crew on none and SMAA ultra... Buttery smooth graphics in other lobbies...
    Report: Small freezes every 10 seconds, my FPS would go from 105-110 down to 90 but the effect was worse then that giving me almost a second of lost frames on occasion... Lasted a whole 6 lap race..

Afterwards I checked the same car/track/season combo offline with 32 cars on track and had no issues...

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with my settings and also not with defaults or customs. These far too high forces in FWD cars are the problem with dd bases, this also massively suppresses braking and there is no sign of any loss of grip. This power covers many things. I don't know what base you have, but if you have a dd you should notice it too. This problem can only be fixed in the physics of Reiza's FWD cars. I hope they will correct it

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Fwd cars feel fine to me also .
    Specially the Minis .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: -
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: When watching replay after retiering from race and race session is not paused, race ends in background and then, press skip to end, screen appears and never ends:

Image1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Adelaide 1988 (effect may be bigger or lesser depending on the track used)
    Car Used: German Group A
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Dry from Light Rain
    Report: Slick tyres become useless as track gets more wet and tyre temps drop. Changing at this point to wets improves pace and driveability, but rears heat up hopelessly no matter how smooth you are, and in a couple of laps they are red in the hud and spinning literally everywhere. This effectively means that the car has no suitable tyre for dry to light rain unless it only lasts two laps. Same will happen on a drying track when wets start to overheat.
    On a Dry to Rain situation, slicks get obviously useless more quickly, and wets don't overheat, but they simply cannot cope with the track, having to feather the throttle everywhere, even with no puddles, until you reach 4th gear. I have not tried, but on Storm settings wet tyres will probably be totally useless.
    Steps to reproduce: Set an AI race with 6 to 8 cars on track (so a dry line is not easily formed), have weather transition from dry to light rain and have that last 6 to 10 laps so you have time to evaluate when slicks become hopeless, and how wet tyres work at that point by making a pitstop and switching them.
    Additionally, try the same scenario but switching to Rain, Storm and Thunderstorm, and evaluate how wet weather tyres struggle to cope with the track.
    This also serves to show the lack of calibration of AI in the rain. A 115 difficulty level, I can outpace by 1s per lap. When it's raining and both them and I switched to wet tyres, they outpace me by 8s when I don't make mistakes, they can accelerate earlier and floor it on a straightline, I cannot even dream to do that until I reach higher gears. But this has been reported before.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP
    Car Used: GT1 Mercedes, Nissan and McLaren
    Applicable Settings: Online open lobby
    Report: 3 car race, 2 of us were on voice chat and told each other that the other car would disappear for different parts of the track for each of us... First it disappeared heading through Dunlop and in my mirror looked to have gone off into the gravel, then they appeared inside my car inbetween the 2 degnas before ending up in the gravel on the outside... Then they'd disappear before the Spoon curve and then not appear until the front stretch for me, for the other driver they appeared in the esses... They were within 4 seconds of the lead car at all times with the other driver on chat inbetween us so they should of been visiable for the 5 laps they managed before they crashed and quit... They disappeared in total at least 6 times for me each time lasting more than 2 corners of the track... Both the in game HUD and my SimHub timing had them as a constant even when invisible...

I am aware that the Nissan has some LOD issues, however the driver of the disappearing car was in a McLaren...

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: (seems to happen with any car)
    Applicable Settings: (Racing Online)
    Report: Server locks up, bugs out, hangs (or whatever you want to call it), and refuses to move from qualify to race, and will do it multiple times.
    Steps to reproduce: Spend some time running Live servers with Quali & Race sessions and it soon becomes apparent.

Following on from my previous rather lengthy post about how good AMS2 can be online when it works,
    I have to regretfully follow it up with this, as unfortunately its a rare thing, more often than not it is very problematic!

Its so sad to hear Metz here talking about moving his Sunday Endurance races over to another sim, which he does'nt want to do, and im with him on that, but had I have been in this server (could'nt attend this week as busy running a jam session), I would have been massively frustrated and probably have given up and just gotten on with something else, because even after the 2nd restart it would have just been a waste of time.

Its for reasons like this that AMS2 did'nt get onto LFM, its one of the most damaging things to the games reputation. I honestly do think with issues like this sorted, Reiza could sell so many more copies, still get onto LFM, and off the back of that sell even more DLC.

I'd say more but Metz has already said it, and shown it in the video here, and also he shows footage of exactly what happened, as it happened. All the evidence you need is more than adequately explained and displayed in this video. What he says between 16:00 & 16:30 is so sad to hear!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: On VR with HUD displayed if you get disconnected from a MP session, the HUD overlay stay displayed in the helmet until you actually join an another session
    Steps to reproduce: get disconnect from a MP session with HUD overlay ON

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Super Cars: Corvette C8 Z06
    Applicable Settings: Test session
    Report: Sound is highly muted
    Steps to reproduce: use the car anywhere.

12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Fontana Autoclub
    Car Used: F-USA1 - 3
    Applicable Settings: Races that are 100+ laps long
    Report: AI drives single file from lap 4 onwards.
    Steps to reproduce: As mentioned above
    20230208201010_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tom's issue is in direct relation from mine about a month ago.

14. pinkinside

pinkinside New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: After the last update setting the in game dampener to anything more than zero introduces a weird notch or gear like “klunk” in the center of the wheel.
    Steps to reproduce: Set dampener to 50. Take any car to any track (didn’t try all the cars but pretty sure it doesn’t matter, for better repro I did F-Ultimate Gen2 on Monza when I discovered the issue, then tried few others). When on the track, drive out of the pits and while doing so move the wheel from left to right. The issue is best felt on low speeds. It’s so annoying that it renders the game totally unplayable. The higher the dampener is set the worse the issue becomes.
    Additional Info: My wheelbase is Logitech G Pro, I don’t have any other wheel to test it with. I did all the usual stuff, removed my player dir, checked game integrity etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

16. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Same problem with layout #15 and P1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Multi-class Championship Won't Score Points for the Slower Class
    Version: 1.4.5.2.
    Track & Layout Used: Any.
    Car Used: Any, as longs as it is two different classes and the faster class has more than 10 drivers.
    Applicable Settings: Score type for the championship is "Top 10 Standard".
    Report: I created a custom multi-class offline championship. 15 GT3 and 15 GT4 using the "Top 10 Standard" score type rule. I thought this scoring would apply to both classes separately. But no. The point system applies to all cars at once, as if it were one single class. The game counts the P1 on the slower class (GT4) as if it were the P15 overall. So, no matter your position in the slower class, P1 or last. The game won't award you points.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a custom championship with at least 2 different classes. And the faster class must be at least 10 drivers.​
    2. Score type must be "Top 10 Standard".​
    Screenshots

upload_2023-2-12_2-8-59.png
    Img. 1: Setting up the championship.

upload_2023-2-12_2-10-50.png
    Img. 2: GT3 class points are okay.

upload_2023-2-12_2-11-50.png
    Img. 3: GT4 class won't receive any points. P1 counts as P16 overall, so no points.

upload_2023-2-12_2-12-46.png
    Img. 4: "I don't think that who wins or who loses, neither who wins nor loses, will win or lose. Everybody will lose." ROUSSEFF, Dilma.​

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: ANY of the Copa Trucks
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Every custom livery made for the Copa Trucks has a grahical error where the decal on the left rear part of the truck will change to mirror the one on the right rear. This graphical error is limited to ONLY the race, it is correct in the replay.
    Steps to reproduce: Select any Copa Truck and let the drivers ahead of you make a small gap, then close the gap again, then let the gap increase again. You will see the decal swithing back and forth.
    Additional Info: The livery pack is required to see the error
    Copa Trucks - Nascar Liveries
    895095951_1.jpg

19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.5.2.2247.AVX
    Settings: Custom championship race weekend, GT4 Monaco, 15 min practice, 15 min quali, race 32 laps. Release candidate branch.
    Report: Custom championship did not save race results and reverted to the start of the race weekend.

I ran a race at Monaco as the third race out of 5 for a custom GT4 championship. When I finished the race, I saved the replay and exited to the main menu championship screen. At that point I realized that I couldn't open the championship standings screen for two other ongoing custom championships. I restarted the game (also switched from VR to monitor) and the standings screens for the other championships worked again, but I found out that the GT4 championship had not saved the results for the Monaco race, and when I clicked "Start" it started a new practice session for the Monaco race weekend I had just finished. The race replay saved normally and works.

Strangely... I had judged one of the other championships to be broken in the same way as described in this post: Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)
    Apparently it works again.

I think this is the first time a championship race hasn't saved the results for me and there's a chance that it's just weird behaviour on my system/setup, but I'm reporting it just in case. Steam file verification did not find issues with the game files.

20. stum

stum New Member

Version: Current
    Settings: Any multiplayer race with pitstops
    Report: Still getting Pit Stop Tire Errors despite not using "recommended"

Pit crew wont change tires.
    As previously reported by Tom NOT USING "recommended" stops 90% of errors where pitcrew will not change tires, but does not prevent the bug 100%

Last night an experienced driver had a pitstop preset for fuel and tires, double checked, crew did not change tires.
    We have been running an endurance league series and have advised all drivers to not use "recommended" setting for tires and errors have dramatically reduced. This series out of an estimated 70 to 80 pitstops this was our first reported error.
    Driver used ICM menu to select a manual tire change and it was completed successfully in a 2nd stop.

Attached Files:

• Bug1.png
      Bug1.png
      File size:
      627.7 KB
      Views: