1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. TakFR

TakFR New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Modern (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Weather Overcast(other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: Engine wear goes up no matter how much radiator opening you use, how easy you drive the car. Engine temps start at 105c coming out of the pits and just climb so you cannot drive the car without engine damage
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 Gen 1

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How much engine damage is there after 1 lap at Interlagos?

For context: These engines aren't very durable, they make a race distance and that's it (they are deliberately wearing out a lot) Under 120°C engine temp you don't need to be worried at all btw. (114-115°C equilibrium after one lap here with 0-1% of engine damage indicated in default setup)

3. TakFR

TakFR New Member

It's 1% every 2 laps, so do the AI also suffer this?

If it also happens to the AI and I can ignore it that's fine, i'll delete the post as well if it's a feature and not a bug haha

4. CrimsonEminence

Yes also AI will suffer engine wear, failures etc.

These engines are super high RPM and created for single session use basically. Many oldschool Formula classes deliberately wear quite quickly. 1% all 2 laps is more than okay - even 1% per lap could still make it.

No need to delete anything, it's good to have that cleared up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula Vintage Gen 1 Model 2
    Applicable Settings: Default
    Report: When watching the replay, the car incorrectly appears to have positive camber, and the ride height is too high ss210017.jpg
    Steps to reproduce: Drive and watch a replay

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Current Version

Chose GT 3 Porsche on bathurst and did some setup experimenting in the testing day mode.
    After i found something, i saved it with a dedicated name and then proceeded to reset the setup to default.
    I adjusted the setup in terms of rear wing and headed out of the pits.
    The change seems to be applied to the physics, however, as soon as i ported back to the pits, the wing setting of my other saved setup was displayed/applied.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a hint for the reverted cockpit view problem. After getting the newly released Fanatec QR2 system I very often switch my steering wheels and accordingly switch among the saved wheel profiles. After switching it I always get this reverted view that is really annoying and I have to reastart the game to get back the normal view. Maybe this info leads to somewhere...

8. Toni

Toni New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP (DRS)
    Car Used: Formula V10 (1997)
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: I have seen that time keeps running when you cross the finish line when doing a lap
    I'm not sure, but I think it also happens when you run outside of a race.

On the other hand, in Interlagos 1993, time stops once you cross it

9. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone National (might be all versions)
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial Mode
    Report: If you cross into the pit exit lane after t1 you get a cut track, doesn't seem to be a cut in any MP or SP races.

10. stum

stum New Member

Mass drop out on Multi-Player

All local Australian and New Zealand drivers (ping was under 200)
    PTP lobby
    11 drivers in lobby, all were kicked within 30 seconds of the first guy being disconnected.

This is fairly routine for us - using Just Race Dedi, PtP and Sports Play, with different hosts.

I have 10 of the 11 MP log files for this session.
    Where do you want these MP Log files ? (I cannot upload them on this forum)

I asked the same question on Sunday (# 5421) after another mass drop out but got no reply.

11. stum

stum New Member

[10:19:25:807]No activity from member with RefId 7680, slot 0, for 10006 ms. Will attempt to vote-kick the member soon.
    [10:19:25:818](rb) We have detected potential connectivity problems to member 7680 (slot 0), will try to rebroadcast via member 13835 (slot 11).
    [10:19:26:782]No activity from member with RefId 10758, slot 6, for 10005 ms. Will attempt to vote-kick the member soon.
    [10:19:26:793](rb) We have detected potential connectivity problems to member 10758 (slot 6), will try to rebroadcast via member 8193 (slot 1).
    [10:19:26:870]Ping to member 2 (RefId 14338): 61 ms, max 91 ms, 0.00% packet loss
    [10:19:27:851](rb) We have been rebroadcasting to member 7680 (slot 0) via member 13835 (slot 11), who also has connectivity problems now. Trying to find another candidate
    [10:19:27:851](rb) We have detected potential connectivity problems to member 7680 (slot 0), will try to rebroadcast via member 8193 (slot 1).
    [10:19:30:952]P2P connection to 76561198810803756 failed with reason 4
    [10:19:30:952]State of connection to 76561198810803756: active = 0, connecting = 1, error = 4, relayed = 0, send queue = 0 bytes 0 packets, remote ip = 0, remote port = 0
    [10:19:31:008]No activity from member with RefId 9732, slot 4, for 10004 ms. Will attempt to vote-kick the member soon.
    [10:19:31:019](rb) We have detected potential connectivity problems to member 9732 (slot 4), will try to rebroadcast via member 8193 (slot 1).

[10:19:35:534]
    Still no activity from member with RefId 9732 slot 4.
    Out of 4 active peers 3 also have connectivity issues, so voting to kick the member
    Evaluating soft-kick status of member with RefId 9732 at slot 4...
    Not kicking 4, only 2 members voted to connectivity-kick, and 0 to auth-kick (physical session size = 10, logical session size = 10, votes needed = 4)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. stum

stum New Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: All GO-KARTS
    Applicable Settings: Any settings
    Report: When AI gokart is about 30 meters ahead of you, the driver disappears and it looks like it's an empty gokart driving it self.

14. CrimsonEminence

It'll be looked at!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally i feel we have more disconnection issues since the last big update, which ironically added logging to help improve multiplayer, yet it seems to be more unstable now, i never had any issue and now i had 3 disconnects in 3 weeks time

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. stum

stum New Member

thanks Crimson - getting frustrating running leagues and we see our peoples patience running low. We only want to see AMS2 thrive !

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970 1000km (seems to happen on any track)
    Car Used: Group C (driving the 962, but this also happened to me with the F-Junior, probably other cars are also affected)
    Applicable Settings: Real Weather 15/06/1979, 18 laps, 14:00
    Report: No refuelling on mandatory pitstop (0 min tires) although refuelling is set up in pitstop settings
    Steps to reproduce: make a mandatory pitstop (0 min tires) with no tire change, only refuelling
    Game version: V 1.5.3.2458.AVX

18. Asturbo

Asturbo Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Online, practice rain session and GT3 car with wet tires.
    Report: Exaggerated wear with wet tires.
    Steps to reproduce: Online practice session with any GT3 with wet tyres.

Looks that the wet tires are broken in GT3 class. In online sessions we have several problems with tires, as in example the well-known different wear in practice vs race, that was already reported here. That happens with all cars, track and tires. The wear is probably double in practice vs race that makes useless practice sessions for planning races.

But with the specific combo GT3 & Wet tires, the wear is crazy. With 1x wear factor, only the light spin exiting the box degrades the tires almost 20% your rears. If you have any spin or slide, that wears more than 50% of your tires. Also the front tires gets ever very cold which added to the insane wear, makes almost impossible rain races with GT3. Even worse, if you use 2x tire wear factor (good for dry conditions to last 1 hour), you are dead if the rain appears.

Note: That doesn't happen with dry tires that looks OK, and is specially noticeable in online practice session (didn't tested offline).

This video is an example of pit exit with a spin:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  19. pr07

pr07 Member

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring GP.
    Car Used: Tested with F-V10 Gen1 and F-V12, probably all cars.
    Applicable Settings: None.
    Report: AI doesn't collide with each other or the player at the exit of turn 1, instead just ghosts through other cars. This only happens on the exit, on the entry and apex of the corner they still collide with other cars.
    Steps to reproduce: Have a race at the Nurburgring GP and observe AI collision behavior at the exit of turn 1.

20. nick_g

nick_g New Member

Any solutions to this?. I have this problem whether motion blur is on or off. there is no backround blur available either way