Featured Threads Archive
Hello everyone! Here´s our round-up of AMS development over the last month and what´s coming up for this month of november.
It´s been a busy 18 months!
To begin with a little retrospective of the past 18 months from the car & track guys - this will probably sound like we´re tooting our own horn a bit but mainly it´s a small tribute to a team who have been working exceptionally hard and really shifted up a gear in this last year and a half.
The image below shows all new cars and tracks released since may 2015, from the end of Stock Car Extreme into the release of AMS, and finally moving into AMS DLCs:
A total of 13 new venues along with 20 car models for 14 series have been released over a period of 18 months. That in itself is notable, even more so if you consider that in the same timespan all old content was updated to keep up with newer standards and include all latest features - a total of 27 series and 38 tracks...
Hello everyone - as another month wraps, it´s time for our regular Development Update with all the latest news on AMS development. Here ´s what we´ve got to share with you from this past month
Just yesterday we´ve deployed our latest v1.3.5 update, packing several fixes and general improvements to the sim.
On the graphics front, @Alex Sawczuk has developed a series of all new SweetFX profiles, including a new default setting - these can be previewed and set from AMS Config. These new profiles have been overhauled and use a much better tone mapping layout, a nice improvement over the previous offerings.
We have two categories of profiles. The 'A*' category offers a progression in terms of amount of saturation, the digit in the identifier indicates how much saturation there is. Vivid profiles have roughly same lighting as none vivid profiles. but with extra contrast in them. There is then a 'B*' category. These offer...
Hello everyone! We are back with another Dev Update to bring you the latest news about our active projects.
This has been another very busy month for the team, and possibly (hopefully!) the last in which we have worked in 3 different sims simultaneously (AMS1, rF2 & AMS2). It´s fair to say switching back and forth from engines doesn´t make things easy for the devs who are involved in all these fronts, so kudos to them for continuing to push hard in order to bring us up to the status I can now present to you
On rF2 there´s not much news yet as we´re still working on small update for the Bundle to fix a few remaining issues. This should not take long now.
For AMS1, we also didn´t quite make to release before the end of July as we had been aiming for, but August will surely see the release of Snetterton and Donington Park as final DLC items for Automobilista 1, along with a small patch for a few tweaks and minor bug fixes.
Both Snetterton and...
Automobilista v1.4.8 is released - includes new DLC release as Brazilian Touring Car Classics are now available!
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.76 -> v1.4.8:
- Added Brazilian Touring Car Classic series: Copa Classic, Copa Fusca, Copa Uno & Hot Cars (requires ownership of DLC or Season Pass)
UPDATES & FIXES
- Fixed DynHUD on Win10 & re-enabled it by default as a config option
- Fixed bug that could cause game to crash loading old setups with notes
- Added support to latest Fanatec SDK
- AI blue flag logic improved: AI cars now move offline to let leaders by, lift proportionally to the amount of throttle they should be doing,and to the speed difference relative to the car approaching
- Increased rate AI assesses situations by 4x which should result in more appropriate behavior in several racing situations and less off-track excursions
- Tweaked AI calculations when thinking...
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.54 -> v1.4.7:
- Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)
FEATURES & FIXES
- Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
- Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
- Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
- Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
- Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
- Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
- Improved info when creating a new profile...
Hello again everyone
September has been another busy month in an ongoing run of busy months that shall continue as we push flatout with development of Automobilista 2 - so let´s cut to the. chase and go straight into what we´ve been up to this past month.
AMS1 / rF2 Bundle Updates
We still have a few updates and fixes pending for these two releases which (at the risk of sounding repetitive) are due out soon. Please bare with us a little longer here
AMS2 Community Skins
We have recently announced in our development forum (restricted to Reiza Backers) that those who joined the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will have the opportunity to become part of Automobilista 2 by submitting their own...
Greetings from the Nurburgring!
Don´t get too excited yet though as this is not for a recon trip.. yet anyway just visiting the Sim Expo which is going on again this weekend, of course I had to find some time to wrap this update!
August has been another very busy month - this is some of what we have been up to the last few weeks:
Automobilista - Final DLC tracks & Update
Our long overdue final AMS update is finally ready - those of you with access to AMS Beta can already enjoy v1.5.2, which among other things includes the two final DLC tracks - Donington Park and Snetterton, each selling for US$ 5.99 but free to those who already own the AMS Season Pass or Reiza backers on any current or past campaigns.
Unfortunately the DLCs didn´t get submitted for review in time for Steam to greenlight it before the weekend, so release will remain on hold until Monday when it...
Automobilista v1.5.0 is now out - includes new official multiplayer ranking system, a beautiful new kart track, new realism features and more !
V1.5 is the culmination of years of simulation development, and the definitive version of Automobilista.
To celebrate AMS v1.5 release, the Automobilista Holiday Bundle is currently and for a limited time now on
Save 74% on Automobilista Special Holiday Bundle on Steam
The Automobilista "Season Pass" including all DLCs is also available now at a discount price: Save 50% on Automobilista - Season Pass for all DLCs on Steam
Introducing Race Rank: Race Rank is the first step in an online ranking system for Automobilista. The scope of it’s release for Automobilista is to rate players as they race online and produce a...
Here we are then for the final dev update of the year, just in time for what is to be the final major update to Automobilista.
We´ll begin with the not so-great news - those of you who have been following these dev updates will be aware we still have one final car pack DLC to announce. Our plan had been to deliver a holiday surprise but unfortunately we haven´t quite managed to put everything together in time, so this is going to be our early 2018 treat instead. In the meantime we´ll have to keep the suspense on for a little longer...
While we´ve missed out on delivering that particular Christmas present, we do have a lot of exciting stuff packed in and almost ready to go in what is to be the last major AMS update - one which we hope will keep you warm over the holiday season Here are some of the highlights of what´s coming up with V1.5 and beyond:
Official Multiplayer Ranking System
Automobilista v1.4.5 is released - includes new free content as the Stock Car 2017 season & Curvelo race track are now included!
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.32 -> v1.4.5:
- Added Curvelo circuit ("A" & "B" layouts)
- Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series
UPDATES & FIXES
- Revised AI overtaking risk calculations - AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
- Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
- AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
- Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking - AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
- Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no...
I´ll be trying to make this a monthly feature from now on Here´s a round-up of our recent progress in various fronts.
Last friday we released our latest v0.9.4 update. While this update hasn´t added any new content or features to the sim, there has been some valuable progress in particular to graphics & Artificial Intelligence.
@Alex Sawczuk has been spending some quality time developing the shaders & RGB settings in order to improve lighting & color accuracy across the 24h cycle. The changes are subtle individually but all add up to a noticeable overall improvement - the environment is more lively and the slightly desaturated & bluish haze from previous versions is now gone. The changes are mostly already present in v0.9.41, and along with @ilka ´s beautiful new sky/cloud sets, make for some pretty nice sights:
A lot of...
Automobilista 2 v0.8.4.0 has been deployed now - here are some important info about the changes in this release:
BRAKES for all cars, including optimum temp ranges, wear, fade & failure properties have all been thoroughly revised according to the brake materials and specs of each car. These will address the brake failure issues from v0.8.3.2 and should hopefully provide more realistic wear and more "feel" on some cars.
CUSTOM DATE option has been temporarily removed from session options, now sessions will always run on default date for that track - with that we have also addressed the bug that would cause a new track selection to retain the default date of the previous track, which could be particularly problematic when for example the user switched from a Brazilian track with a December Summer default date to an European track, leading the latter to load with winter weather and temperatures with fairly big impact on physics that the user...
This build introduces the new AI Strength logic - now the setting works more similarly to how it did in AMS1, as a more straight-forward AI Grip multiplier, without affecting other aspects of AI performance & behavior, to offer a much wider and more consistent scalar for setting up AI difficulty.
As in AMS1, the AI Strength slider is now restricted to a range of 70-120%, with default setting being 90% and a setting of 100% being equivalent of real world performance. Beware however that the AI in some series may still misbehave at extreme ends of the scale, and that that the new system still requires further callibration for consistency from series to series.
Given the relevance of the AI Strength development to making game more adjustable for a wider range of player skills, we´ve decided to roll this on to release already rather than hold it for v1.0.
V0.9.6 also features further physics & FFB fine tuning and a new batch of car suspension animations....
This update is largely focused on FFB, physics and AI developments, but it also features a large assemble of improvements & fixes in all fronts, adds the option to save Replays to your Replay Gallery , new options to the HUD system along with new gameplay features and the first stage of our revamped lighting, featuring HDR & climate revisions.
As usual, when there are substantial physics & FFB changes some recallibration is in order to bring car-specific FFB & AI values up to the latest specs - both of those fronts have already been largely revised to suit the new developments but it may take another build to get the best of them for all cars in the game.
There is one last round of FFB developments to come before v1.0, at which point the "Old Default" profile will be discontinued. We recommend switching to "New Default" in the FFB configuration screen if you haven´t done so already.
With this FFB update tyre flatspots from a hard wheel lock-up under...
Happy to finally resume with our monthly dev updates we seem to have started a bit of a sim racing trend with these updates back in the early days of AMS1 development, but for the last year or so have gone a bit quieter and working behind the curtains while the baseline for AMS2 was finally getting assembled.
The curtains are obviously lifted now and you can be sure we´ll have lots to share again from now on - I look foward to bringing you the fresh news over the remaining months before AMS2 release and beyond.
Reiza rF2 Bundle Update
First things first: as previously announced this week we released an update for our Reiza Bundle in rFactor2, and Imola now features two new versions, adding to the previously released Imola 1972 and 2018:
Imola 1988, featuring the famous flat-out blast from Variante Bassa, through Tamburello and Villeneuve all the way to Tosa, then the tight Acque Mineralli Chicane...
The Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit is now available in Automobilista 2! Also featuring in this update is the Sigma P1, which despite the name actually raced in P2 class for most of 2019, thanks to a somewhat overweight drivetrain. That´s the P2 car in the game now - the 2020 car promises to be a big step forward to bring the fight to the AJRs in P1 class, and once it gets to race it will have a version in AMS2 as well!
With these additions we are now up to 40 unique racing classes, 40 venues for over 70 layouts! Check out the full updated car & track llist here.
The new update rectifies some netcode issues that have made close racing difficult in Multiplayer mode up to now - all good for quality online action now!
The new buil also brings a round of AI performance callibration in this build to balance performance vs...
Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.
Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.
Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
- UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
- Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
- Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom...
The month of June already is in the rear view mirror, and what a month it was - first with the release of V1.2 and the Racin´ USA DLC (which we were thrilled to see so widely well received), followed by a hard push towards bug hunting and further improvements in the subsequent weeks.
In fact this slightly delayed Dev Update is largely because we are still at it, working on a new complementary update due out this weekend - and given we´ve been pushing out complementary updates over the last couple of weeks to get some outstanding issues fixed ASAP, there won´t be the usual big update this time but rather another smaller collection of fixes & improvements to wrap up this dev cycle.
Our focus continues to be on complementing the work on the new features and fixing issues that have come up since V1.2, as well as some older issues which we had been struggling for a while to track down - to this end it´s very important that users...
This week´s update features further housekeeping, with focus again on the FFB / physics / AI combo as these fronts begin to come full circle for v1.0 release.
Relative to last week, the FFB changes have been a slight refactoring of the way steering arm forces pass on to FFB (should provide a slightly "tighter" wheel around the center), slightly reduced the FFB filters added in previous update & added soft lock for wheels that still didn´t have it.
Further FFB changes from now will be restricted to bug fixes, track/car-specific fine tuning & those resulting from physics adjustments - these can still add up to substantial differences, and we also plan to add a couple of car-specific adjustments so users have some room to customize them to their preferences - but as far as the core system goes however we consider FFB wrapped for v1.0
IMPORTANT: "OLD DEFAULT" FFB profile has been discontinued in v0.9.3.1 - there´s only one default FFB profile (the...
Automobilista v1.3.5 is now out!
Here is the main changelog:
- Added feature to automatically export setups from player´s fastest lap in Time Trial Mode - other users can then fetch this setup by clicking the time on the timing stands and clicking the button to download it
- Refactored SweetFX profiles & split them into categories, including new default
- Fixed Config tool bug that would allow native anti-aliasing setting to remain on even when SweetFX is enabled (user should set AA via graphics card control panel when a SFX preset enabled)
- Added function to automatically disable mid-race full course yellow in tracks that don´t have a Safety Car (such as historical tracks)
- Fixed bug that would limit opponents to a single car in championship mode irrespective of the actual setting if "randomize" function was on
- Added UI tooltip to all screens (WIP, not all options have tips and it´s not localized)
- Added UI option to switch off big screen movies (may help some...
Page 3 of 5