1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indycar 2023 Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by MartinezLJ, May 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Hi guys! broooo, I just had such an amazing experience racing these cars at Road America. So cool.

One quick question, I do have a boost button mapped on my wheel, but it doesn't seem to want to work with the Indy car mod. It does work with a KERS enabled Reiza cars... is it the same button? A different one? If I remap it, will that fix the problem? Maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Thanks as always!

2. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey - glad to hear you're having fun with it. Push-to-pass should work on the 'boost' mapping. Don't forget it only works during a race, and is disabled on lap 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Oooh you have to hold it down.....

I knew I had it mapped, and I was pressing it and pressing it and nothing was happening. That little battery bar wasn't moving or anything. Then I decided to just hold it down, and I was like dude it's been 3/4 of a lap and nothing, then I noticed there's like a sliver lower. I was oooooh....

I knew it wasn't like a regular KERS button like in 2016 F1, don't know why maybe I expected it to be like pCARS2 LMP1s or the Brazilian stock cars, but no these are completely different.

And yeah I get it, you get quite a big chunk of time to push it during a lap (until it runs out for that lap) but once you use up that whole bar, that's it for the race.

Anywho, nice job to the team, and to Reiza for making AMS2 a platform for this mod to be so great. Can't wait for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jusk

There's also the P2P figure on the dash (as well as the battery thing on the HUD) - iirc this is shown as a percentage, so 100 on the dash means 200 seconds of P2P left to use, and you can use up to 20 seconds per lap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. jackfish2

jackfish2 New Member

Hi, I have recently downloaded this mod, it is amazing. It handles perfectly! The huge problem I have with this is the AI. If I qualify P1 at Indy, I sometimes end up last because of how hard it is to race against these cars! I have the difficulty set to the lowest possible and still end up getting dusted by the person in last! If there is a fix to this please let me know. I am pretty disappointed that this perfect mod goes to waste because of dumb AI.

6. PJDunham

PJDunham Member

i was having the same issue, do you have any driver aids turned on? i realised id left TC in menu on low and that kills your speed as its slows you down too much in turns without realising it. so set everything to Authentic and fixed for me with AI set to 100 - 110
    Also leave AI on Med to make best use of the custom AI file. they race quite well.
    i did some tests and any form of TC on cost between .6 to 1.2 seconds per lap depending on draft.

7. Andrew Wuenstel

Andrew Wuenstel New Member

I just downloaded this mod today. It looks great and handled great but for some reason I have no engine sound. I have tire sound and wind sound but that’s it. I checked the audio settings and the car audio was on but then when I would jump back in the car there was nothing. I tried changing my audio output and everything with no help. Anyone know how to fix this?

8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It’s a thing brought in with the update of AMS2. You need the notify for the INDYCAR, but unfortunately I don’t know where to download it from

9. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Here: :)
    Put it in the content manager :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. jusk

Thanks for reposting that, cuadolo

You guys didn't look very hard :p;)
    Indycar 2023 Mod

• Like Like x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I didn't look for ito_O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Pawzbru

Pawzbru New Member

Agree with previous posts on the absolutely fantastic quality of this mod and the priceless enjoyment I’m getting from it. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but top speed at Indy Oval seems too slow at around 210 mph instead of the 240’s seen in 2023 YouTube videos with this mod and from what I get from the Formula-USA cars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusk

The goalposts have moved quite a bit (in terms of underlying game changes by Reiza) since we released this, i.e. affecting the calibration/performance of the cars on ovals in particular. We hope to revisit/improve this at some point in a future update

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Pawzbru

Pawzbru New Member

Thanks so much!

15. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Hello ppl, is there any way to make the aero screen pillar transparent?

Also I noticed that at Indy oval the aí tends to spread across the track instead of driving in a line. I think it's something with the mod because the reiza F USA cars don't behave like that.

16. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a mod you can install to make the pillar transparent, I dont know where to find that.

17. jusk

See this post earlier in thread. Oval performance and AI isn't great at the moment - as mentioned above the goalposts have moved a lot since this was released.

18. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Thanks

19. DavidH185

DavidH185 Member

Is there a PSD template for this mod? or a UV map? many thanks :)

20. shillen

shillen New Member

Hi Guys,
    need urgent help... The last 2 weeks the mod worked fine. But today suddenly the pitcrew turned into some strange red "T"s... Using other cars, the pitcrew looks normally... I have uninstalled and installed the mod twice today, but without any positive effect...
    Any ideas how to fix this?
    Regds
    Stefan