1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking up brakes, tips for load cell?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Joe Gransinger

Joe Gransinger New Member

Not angry, just a little frustrated. With early access games you typically get to be in the loop of what is happening, patch notes, test patches, etc. It just seems like there's another layer here that kind of makes me question what the point of early access is other than to increase cash flow, if we're not testing patches and fixes like the beta players.

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry, you will not have to wait long.

3. bobzzzzzzzzzzz

bobzzzzzzzzzzz New Member

Just tried the F3 with CSL LC, definitely have the same problem, looking forward to the update,

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just see it as a second line at an helpdesk. We beta-testers take the dirty loud scolding people first then make sure they are calm and such, then put them a line further, the Main release, and there you guys can test more and more and also report bugs. We are the human meatshield, the peons and you guys are the knights of the round table :cool:

5. Joe Gransinger

I like the analogy but that's just not how it feels!

6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

For this one, it would be interesting the read here this time. :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joe Gransinger

Thanks for the link. I guess I will just sit in the dark patiently with the EA'ers and check in every now and then to see what might have changed moving forward.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. vortex

vortex Member

I had this problem until yesterday. I had been calibrating my pedals by pressing them down fairly quickly. When I looked closer, I noticed that it seemed to work normally for roughly the first half of the pedal movement then it suddenly jumped from there to 100%. All 3 pedals were the same (relatively new T3PAs). The solution was to press the pedals as slowly as I possibly could and they then correctly calibrated smoothly all the way to 100%.

This hasn't completely fixed the brake sensitivity but I would say it's almost gone now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. vortex

vortex Member

I can understand that you may want to keep the pool of beta testers manageable but preventing access to the beta forum causes a few problems. If EA customers knew that a particular problem they were having had been discussed already in the beta forum and that the devs were looking into it, there would be no reason to continue raising the problem in open forums here and elsewhere. Allowing read-only access to the beta forum for EA customers would probably reduce the number of critical posts around the forums to just those that were actually new to the devs. I would be happy not to be able to post in the beta forum but it would be useful to see what is actually being done (if anything) about things I'm having problems with. At present, non-backers are relying on the odd snippet of information that leaks out of the beta forum.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. OlaN

OlaN Member

983,2 Mb download now.

11. bobzzzzzzzzzzz

12. bobzzzzzzzzzzz

Product version is 0.8.0.1 so must be all the stuff form Beta 8 ?

Just tried the F3, can't see a difference, reducing the brake (power?) on the car down to 80% helps but feels like a fudge.

13. bobzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  14. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I had issues with braking and steering ( massive unavoidable steering sensitivity) so i stopped using the Thrustmaster template and used a custom which helped, but the brakes were still sensitive.

I got used to it, but noticed if I wanted more end travel before a lock up , increasing the brake deadzone allowed this for my CSL Elite (non loadcell). Not by much: 7-12 deadzone setting

15. Jefka

Jefka New Member

I certainly do feel the difference, and for me it's a massive improvement. You still need to adjust brake pressure so that you don't instantly lock up on full braking but once that is setup correctly I seem to have much more control over my braking.

Did you guys recalibrate the pedals? Worked the first time for me apparently others need to recalibrate pedals...save...and recalibrate again to get it right.

16. Joe Gransinger

I'd say it definitely feels a lot better in some cars, and not really noticeable in others. I cannot tell a difference in the Ultima GTR, which still seems to lock up at just the thought of braking, especially from high speeds. However, the Brasil Stock Car feels waaayy better, and once i lowered my brake sensitivity to 20 (from 30), the F3 is noticeably better as well. I have calibrated my pedals, but never twice in a row, so maybe i'll try that to see if it helps at all on some of the cars that are still not behaving.

All in all, i still think it's a bit too easy to lock up, and i'm still not confident with the pedal travel and brake feel, but i do think it's improved on what it was like yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Ultima Race had a specific braking bug corresponding to you description prior to today's patch. Are you certain you have tested with the latest version ?

18. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I only had to do that every session when using the Thrustmaster template the game set my wheel to upon detection. I had all sorts of issues like cars spinning wildly at any speed like i had no rearwing/drs open all the time . Since using a custom profile once i set calibration it behaves like i expect it to every reboot of the game and the steering isnt overly sensitive on initial turns.

19. Joe Gransinger

Did the update come in multiple downloads? I didn't check version number when i was playing, but the brakes on the cars i mentioned were absolutely improved, and i saw a patch downloaded and installed this morning. I suppose maybe I'm not if they fixed the Ultima brakes on a seperate patch than the other brake fixes for all cars.

20. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Ultima GTR was fixed in todays EA patch according to the notes. Rears locking too easily which will help a lot as i noticed lowering the brake balance to 61 or lower for better turn in made the rears lock instantly on curvy tracks. I had to alter on track between 62-61 on a 40 lap Cadwell Park Race or i would get rear lock at 60 or understeer/locking under brakes at 63 (using the default set up)