1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Muffesen

Muffesen New Member

As this is a dedicated thread for Time Trial specific problems, i guess you have a bigger chance in a more general thread ! BTW could the RPM-display orientation be on purpose !

2. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Yes. Although people seem divided about why - whether it's to avoid the wheel obscuring numbers, having the redline at 12 o'clock or something else. It's a feature of racing cars with analogue dials though for sure.

3. randomracesuk

randomracesuk RRUK

It is related to TT, that's why I posted another issue that I assumed may be an issue, why would I post elsewhere when I am being informative about a possible isssue about TT?

Back to the Dial:

Hmm interesting that it appears that way on purpose then, A bit like the "Mad hatters Tea Party" where at times things are upside down o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Muffesen

Muffesen New Member

Regarding your posting with the funny head-movement, you commented that you had no idea if it was only a TT issue.
    What i meant was, if the ‘issues’ also appears in ‘normal racing’/testday or whatever it’s called,
    then it’s not TT-specific.
    So to say it’s TT-specific whitout further test is wrong in my world !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. randomracesuk

randomracesuk RRUK

Muffesen

Seriously are you for real, wasting someone's time, having to justify a observation while in TT mode, then you judge my every comment

I or anyone could ask the same question about some reports here, that is does it anywhere else.

I guess the question was asked to try and eliminate if it's just TT related.

Let's just help the Devs by reporting and trying to keep on topic. Even if it was a TT bug and elsewhere, how on earth is that person to know.

At the end of the day, I took the time to report an issue, you come along and blast me that it may be related elsewhere... geeeee

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Issues that don't relate directly to TT mechanics don't really belong here. Camera and vehicle cockpit issues aren't really related to that so it's correct that these are better suit for regular bug reports.

The dial for example is upside down so you can actually see the high RPM more clearly in that particular cockpit with its rather low positioned wheel, it's a common method for race cars with analogue dials. This has nothing to do with TT mode and actually it's a feature, not a bug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. randomracesuk

randomracesuk RRUK

Ok thank you for the clarity on what is and isnt allowed or should be here, however you r Quote"" Issues that don't relate directly to TT mechanics don't really belong here.""

Dont belong here, ok fair enough, then title needs to be changed of this topic. Also if this is case, why are so many people talking about the TT time wipes, is that classed as mechanics then..

At the end of the day, a simple, Hi wrong topic but thanks for reporting, then my reply could be deleted or maybe moved and taken note of.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  8. Muffesen

Muffesen New Member

That was what i tried in my first answer to you - in a polite way. I also indicated that the RPM-dial was not an error.

9. randomracesuk

randomracesuk RRUK

What you quoted there was not for you. It was was directed at this topics Author...

10. Mav MG

Mav MG Maverick Mediocre Gaming

I understand that TT is offline because the update is "coming" but is this normal for a feature to go offline for so long?

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would say no, but I’ve only been a player for a year and a bit so don’t know before that

12. SimRacer

SimRacer Member AMS2 Club Member

TT data were wiped with the arrival of V1.5 and that was about 3-4 weeks ago.
    Yet, I still have no data when I start a TT. New lap times are not recorded either.
    I had all files verified already.
    I am missing something...???
    Cheers.

13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They were wiped a bit after V1.5 and are not open yet

14. SimRacer

SimRacer Member AMS2 Club Member

That suggests that the BETA team is faster than the TT team.
    Now that's an oxymoron right there...

Cheers.

15. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I'm glad they are waiting for the update to drop. It would defeat the purpose if they didn't. Would be nice to have old times stored in old physics categories or something just for reference from update to update

I was under the impression that people were actually using some hack or cheat, but i think it is just people using old setups somehow, i really don't know.

16. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

old setups where faster, most formula cars that I held records with ,I can not get close to those speeds now..

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This is not because old setups are/was faster but because the 1.5 thing made almost all (formula) cars slower ;)

ByTheWay: The reason I know it is because part of my setup naming in TT mode does include my fastest laptime with the setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Thanks for responding, you would know more about the game than me. either way things are not the same. That.s o.k. It.s to bad we have to wait so long I.m going to other games doing time trials so
    as a business , you don.t make customers wait. hope they fix it soon,it's a good game.
    Good racing I remember racing against your times,

• Like Like x 1
  19. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Thanks again,

20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Same here, I am around 3 or 4 seconds off my time at Speilburg 74 in F-Reiza

• Agree Agree x 1