1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza July 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Given some concerns following our AMS1 vs AMS2 comparison earlier this week, we´ve elected to do a new video of Automobilista 2 featuring the Ultima GTR Race spec in a couple of laps around Snetterton, running a more advanced version of the game and of that particular car / track combination - check it out:

Capture has a higher bitrate which is more accurate to the game´s actual graphical quality. Other differences in this new video include improvements to track lighting, updated road and foliage shaders, revised textures; smoothed cockpit model edges & updated materials; adjustments to audio code, rebalancing of engine sounds and various sound effects (also replacing a few placeholders used in the original video); updated physics and increased game graphical settings.

Should be stated perhaps that this still isn´t the most exciting car / track combo or settings to promote AMS2 which wasn´t really the point of the original video - obviously we miscalculated how closely people would be looking :p

This is a better representation of AMS2 in its current stage of development but it´s still a WIP - things will change as we progress to release and continue to afterwards. Such is the nature of the thing :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 31
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome! Great work, I like these updates.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Looks awesome already, can't wait!
    To be honest I wouldn't care too much about comments since it was a early WIP vid...the new one will let them see what are Reiza standards!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

wow Renato I don't personally feel you needed to repost anything at all. I appreciated that initial video and some sim racers are poisoned - no amount of videos will change their mind.

But from myself thank you for the new vid I appreciate anything new coming from AMS2!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion, constructive criticism is always, well...constructive! I can currently only watch this video in an old laptop so cannot fully appreciate it, but am still already having a big smile on my face now ,just by the first 20 seconds of it that I've seen and heard so far :)

Thanks for posting this, it increases the hype for AMS2 and I think makes people even more really looking forward to it. Eagerly awaiting for even more :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This new video really shows a rather large improvement over pC2, also the driver seems to have driven these laps with quite a bit more aggression compared to the comparison video where the driver seemed to be a lot more casual so this new video really shows off the car physics better ;)
    I pitched a tent in my trackies, thanks :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Looks a lot better than the previous video. There's just one thing i don't like: It's the trees. They look quite repetitive, but since they look a lot better on some screenshots i assume it's a work in progress thing and will be improved in the final version of the track.

And it looks like there is no downshift protection yet ... poor car :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  8. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The original Ultima video was scrutinised more closely than Zapruder's Kennedy assassination tape!

I noticed a couple of things from the two videos: AMS1 looks terrific, and AMS2 looked realistic in shady and overcast conditions (the direct sun was excessive and the lens flare unnecessary, in my humble opinion, though I understand some of these graphical effects may be optional). Overall, there is an awful lot to be excited about. :cool:

I'm sure Reiza has learned from other companies' sim launches that some simracing fans are very quick to criticise, often unfairly - but sometimes that criticism is justified.

If I may offer some old-fashioned advice to Reiza: keep your powder dry. Retain some surprises, only publicise when you're ready, and push back a deadline if necessary. We all want Automobilista 2 to be a great sim and a smash hit - a smooth and successful launch with a big splash of publicity will help that to happen. Best of luck to @Renato Simioni and all the team. :)
    :hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I know its wip but the rear view mirror shadow on the windscreen is kinda wack ,lol
    Can we please have a option to move the seat left/right as well as the usual up/down/forward/backwards ? In AMS 1 my rig needed some cockpits to go left or seat right a bit and it looks the same in this video .
    Graphics look great and sound in really nice also , was this running at 1440p with Ultra SS on a 1070 ?

10. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I repeat my question, maybe @Renato Simioni will answer? would be nice to know as for jumping in the AMS2 train if i could have some hint about API.
    Thanks in advance.

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As Renato has pointed out in many of his interviews, there is no immediate plans to throw out support for anything that the engine already supports. This is not something that's been directly looked at as yet but if you want an idea of what may be available I suggest checking this out.
    API For External Apps - Project CARS

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. swigaffu

swigaffu Member AMS2 Club Member

that looks a lot better.
    But the fender has a weird edge and the track with its surroundings still needs a lot of love.
    That will be fine.
    I'm looking forward to December

13. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Well they could put the Sprint Race car in AMS 1 to close with a golden key !!:cool:

14. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I followed the link to the sprint race site, and found a download option for official sprint race GSCE mod: http://sprintrace.com.br/game/
    I'm not sure if it's possibile (or allowed) to convert it to AMS...

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Second video looks much, much better.

Why is the steering wheel input so quick though? Using a controller? Looks really jerky.

16. 2ndLastJedi

Looks like wheel inputs to me , just the car requires quick inputs .

17. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Looks like wheel input to me. I think he's just torturing that poor car with aggressive steering and shifting :)

18. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The July update looks great.

Still, are the Marcas touring cars coming back to AMS2?

19. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was sifting thru the same old crap show at ragedept a d came across this comment

Automobilista 2: New Preview Video Released - Latest Formula 1, Motorsport, and Sim Racing News

Although it's hard to really feel physicas thru a vid, I'm finding myself agreeing to his point. The car looked very glued to the track, very pc2 esque may I say.. I remember this car in ams was an absolute handful I loved it, un less the driver is very skilled at the car or its more forgiving than ams. I hope its the former lol

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  20. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is hard to believe people are judging a racing game phisics by a piece of a gameplay video in a version that is not even finished. Also, is hard to believe people are still freaking out comparing it to PC2 even after everything that was already said. I know we all are hyped but man... people should take a time. I hope Renato realize those are a minority of the player base. I mean, if this becomes a generalized behaviour... who can blame Reiza if they decide just to no show us any piece of early gameplay anymore. The thing is... in my opinion the development updates showed Reiza is pretty advanced at their imports and looks like they are good with their timeline. The game is already very good looking and they already can have fun with the parameters that will put the AMS feeling in the driving. But a lot of people don't understand what is software development and not even what is an engine. Make a development update to people that don't know about development must be hard.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2