1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza September 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 1, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would rather recommend Fanatec CSL Pedals without a clutch pedal, but with a Loadcell, than ever recommending Thrustmaster pedals...

Just because something is "hardcore", it doesn't mean, that you can't add assists, in my opinion.

This is actually more of a mistake. Because, if you are in a race and encounter strange assisting for some reason, you've not dialed in, you will not be able to get rid of it immediately.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The strange behavior happened to me from picking up my keyboard and hitting one of the mapped assist buttons accidentally. I noticed this well before a race as I will always have a practice setup time before a race. If I have them unmapped in the first place this would never happen.
    As for the pedals, you mentioned "on a budget" you can't get more budget than those Thrustmaster plastic pedals. I'd also suggest the CSL load cell over them but would also recommend saving just that bit longer and getting the clutch. But I don't think you can buy them with two pedals, one being the load cell, it is a potentiometer until you buy the LC set.

3. softslider

softslider New Member

I'd like to ask just one thing to Reiza team. I really like the behavior of Formula Vee in rFactor2. Do you believe it will be better than rFactor2's in AMS2? If so, I'll go for AMS2 once released.

4. CrimsonEminence

You can buy the CSL Elite EU for about 100 quid without loadcell but the possibility to upgrade the loadcell. It's still a better tradeoff, than buying Thrustmaster pedals, in my opinion^^

The mapping for assists on the F-Keys is indeed not great, if you grab the keyboard on the top. I have a heavy G610 (it has a metal plate build into), that you definetly have to grab quite firmly on the top and there i also hit the keys sometimes, but it never made me demand to get rid of the option to include driving assists... :D

5. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then keep on going and save the backer-membership ;)

6. CrimsonEminence

Poor person is poor here...:D:D

7. 2ndLastJedi

If you don't need the assists why have them mapped?
    I would also recommend Fanatec over Thrustmaster for anything but if i was completely broke I know I can find some crappy TM pedals for $20 locally. But if i already had a LC Fanatec set that would already also have a clutch pedal ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

Murphys Law :D

9. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I need a h-shifter and a buttonbox. Thx for your reminder.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No amount of having a clutch pedal available is going to help users who have a physical limitation that precludes them from using it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Well said.

In fact, I do have a clutch pedal on my G25, which is what I am using as brake pedal. (It is much more comfortable than using my slightly modified brake pedal when left-foot braking, and the extra space between the pedals doesn't hurt, either.)

On a side note, I only need to use this technique for sim racing - when playing less fast-paced simulations like the American or European Truck Simulator series I am using all three pedals (and the appropriate shifting pattern, if possible). So this has nothing to do with being unable to afford proper pedals (though I couldn't afford new ones if my G25 ever happens to break) or not wanting realism - it is a matter of dealing my with physical limitations as good as I can (and I'm sure there are many other sim racers who have much more severe limitations than I do!).

Besides, would anyone tell Alex Zanardi to "buy a proper set of legs and pedals if he could afford them", because using any kind of help or modifications is "arcade"?
    Not that I want to compare myself to Alex Zanardi - he's one heck of a role model and probably one of the most positive people around today.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Good points ! I have been educated and embarrassed :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Nobody is getting embarrassed here! :D:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. camryfun

camryfun New Member AMS2 Club Member

engine sound comparison sounds fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update :)

This might already be a thing but if not... it would be great if the auto/sequential shift function in full manual stick shift cars has some lag (probably done in most games) and a bit of variation (possibly not done in most games?) to closely resemble a shift for us H box users.

16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry my first comment was slightly negative.....

apologies...

The game looks F---ing awesome lads, cannot wait.. This could be the sim weve all been waiting for. Thing is I may never see the RF2 UI lol!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Even without AMS 2 this may be the case for all of us at the rate S397 move, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had a thought this is in beta next month,!! Holy cow

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It is already accounted for though there's no randomness. While randomness is certainly doable I wouldn't want to commit to that at this point. The core functionailty is in and working but there's some fine tuning and tweaking of values to find the desired balance to be done before considering changing it up any further.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Aside from the legitimate restricted budget issue, the original poster mentioned he has ankle injuries. Others have permanent disabilities of various kinds. Of course there should be options for aids to help these people enjoy sim racing.

And of course there should be an option for server admins to be able to override normal aids restrictions settings for these individual circumstances, just like race series have for real racers like Zanardi.

[EDIT:] Hadn't read onward when I posted this. Glad others made the same points and acknowledgements were issued! We are a good group :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1