1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

In a multi-class session, I would like to be able to pick which cars in a class are involved. So in P1 for example, I could pick just the Ginettas, or Metalmoros, etc.

(Sorry if already mentioned! I guess it might just be an engine thing too)

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Will there ever be proper dedicated servers for AMS2?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Maybe....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. twistking

twistking Member

Will all GT / GTE cars eventually reveice the new luminescent number panels (and leader lights)?

Have the devs considered seperating the car number from the liverie, so that car number can be changed seperately from livery? This way you could have multiple cars with identical liveries at least not sharing same number. Also people could use their favorite number on their car (if available) and the number could be part of the driver list for easier identification in race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Hopefully a bit more love for us poor folk who use a Controller, a bit more feedback on the vibration side, especially over kerbs and rumble strips, also ability to hide tracks and cars you don't use.
    Many thanks

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. olligreen

olligreen New Member

I am really, really hoping, that it will be possible someday to add on tracks like Nordschleife and le mans more than just 30 AI cars... (60 would be good)

For me, this is a big let down to have only 30 cars on these long (endurance) tracks - its an immersion killer. Would be freaking awesome to drive le mans with more cars...

Its possible in different sims (rr, rf2....) So I am really hope this will be possible in the future...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I think Reiza is working to increase the maximum grid.
    But 60 cars seems inaccessible. 40 cars is the target I think and that would already be good. A word about the Virginia circuit which only has a maximum of 28 cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Renato's post about increasing grid size:

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. olligreen

olligreen New Member

10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Players were already able to edit game files to increase it to 60 so if it will not be official we can still do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. olligreen

olligreen New Member

Yea, i know this video...but the guy also writes he.would not recommend trying it...
    Several reasons.

Lets wait and see if it happens some day :)

12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I can either not do it for "reasons" or just go ahead and ... do it, so i think i'll go with the latter option.

13. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Perhaps Reiza, if possible should leave it to the individual user to allow how many cars they want on track and use ,if the game crashes then "no puns intended" the user could see where the sweet spot is for their use, and hardware.

That is just my thoughts, obviously the folks at Reiza know what the limitation is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

VR related, Can we have a TV camera in the monitor section similar to rFactor2 , so when the AI co- driver takes over, the human player can go back to pit and watch AI from monitor?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. twistking

twistking Member

In qualifying and traing sessions, AI should not go out on track in a single pack, but cars should leave the pit over a timespan of a few minutes. This way racing during the session is more interesting with cars spread out over the whole track instead of having one sector populated and the rest of the track empty. Also there will be more constant traffic in the pit, because not all AI will pit at a similar time, thereby providing a more immersive scene...
    *edit*: This is of course more relevant on shorter sessions and/or larger tracks. The new Le Mans is a good example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

A good thing for offline racers would be the ability to save multiple custom grid presets - not just classes within championships, but actual car & livery slots within those classes for quick pickup racing.

This way, I could have a custom Group C grid, with only the cars I want, and not have it populated with random default ones ruining everything.

I remember a great third-party app(Grid Tool?) for PC2 that did this brilliantly.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Virindi

Virindi New Member

I agree. And the same for car classes.... there are so many of them I really don't like scrolling through everything. I would delete a lot if I could..

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

A online championship you could set up with your friend similar to how it's done in the F1 Games would be amazing.

19. fast_bear63

fast_bear63 New Member

Hello,
    Now WE have Le Mans, i would love to have the possibilty to save during the race .That would let us make longer race like in ACC :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

You probably think it's crazy, but it would be great to see these Group 5 (2gen & 3gen) cars. And driving them at Le Mans, the Nürburgring or the old Spa tracks would be beautiful. Anyway, I wish they would do something like that. :hurrayreiza::D
    DSC2519.jpg Porsche-917-Typ-917-at-Zuffenhausen-1969-1920x1440.jpg autowp.ru_lola_t70_36.jpg autowp.ru_prochie_mirage_m6_3.jpg Renault_Alpine_A443_Donington_2007.jpg 270701.jpg

• Like Like x 4