1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. sidy06

sidy06 New Member

Mandatory engine shutdown in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Marg

Marg Active Member

I like it as it is because I use short qualify sessions (10 mins) and shorter tracks. So each AI car sets some lap time, also some slower AI cars in pack is affecting leaders lap time (it's worse), so there is a greater variety is qualifying outcome.

3. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello Automobilista 2 community!

I've just started a championship in the "F1 HighTech Gen 2" category, and although I'm thoroughly enjoying it, I've identified a few areas that, in my opinion, could enhance the gaming experience.

In-Game AI Adjustment: I'd like to suggest integrating the option to directly adjust the AI level in the in-game adjustment menu. Currently, it's necessary to exit the event to make these adjustments, which could be streamlined by including them in the car menu under "Adjustment."

Blue Flag Behavior: While the AI responds well to blue flags, it would be even better if it intentionally moved off the racing line to facilitate overtaking. This slight improvement could make races more realistic.

AI Defensive Maneuvers: To enhance realism, it would be interesting to improve the AI's responsiveness in defensive situations by deliberately blocking us during overtaking attempts. This would add an extra layer of challenge, creating more intense and realistic situations, possibly leading to collisions.

Visibility of Our Vehicle in Mirrors: Adding our own vehicle to the mirrors would be an excellent touch to increase immersion and realism in the game.

I greatly appreciate Automobilista 2, and I'm confident that these small suggestions could contribute to making the gaming experience even more captivating. What do you think? Do you have any other improvement ideas or similar experiences to share?

See you on the track!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Yes, it's not realistic to have a 1st person driver view when the AI driver is driving the car, it should revert to a monitor point of view.

5. twistking

twistking Member

Hello,
    i've got an idea, that's maybe a bit controversial. I'm interested in your polite feedback.

I propose a feature that would artificially widen the gaps between different classes (and maybe even cars of same class) to better "simulate" multi-class endurance racing in a short session. For example, you could do a 30 min race, but there would be some overtaking involved etc. to give you the endurance atmosphere without having to have multi hour sessions.
    This would be for SP mainly, but maybe could be useful for MP also - in MP it would maybe more useful when you could set up AI to drive different classes than players (for example: Players can drive Hypercars, AI drives GT3).

I see two ways to archieve this:
    1. Have different classes start on different parts of the track (f.e.: fastest class starts sector 1, middle class starts sector 2, slowest class starts sector 3). Additionaly there could be an option to have more spacing between cars of same class.
    2. Have more complex rules for mandatory pit-stops. For example have mandatory pit-stop minimum time (car needs to wait in pit for set time) in combination to having the mandatory pit-stop windows different for different classes. F.e.: Fastest class has to pit in the first quarter of the race, slowest class has to pit in the last quarter.

I understand that this is not a realistic setup, but it would allow for players to experience some of the dynamics of multi-class endurance racing on shorter sessions.

Related to this, i've made a much simpler feature suggestion for different AI behaviour in training and qualifying to accomplish a similar goal.
    See here: The Feature Request Thread...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vogelaufmzaun

Vogelaufmzaun New Member

Currently there's a limit of 10 classes, PCARS1 had the option to also select 'any' car.
    Could that be added to the game for both Single- and Multiplayer? I don't see a reason to have a limit there, and that would open up the possibility to have some fun chaotic ai races with friends of all skill levels. Bonus would be a toggle that restricts available cars to those with working headlights for night racing.

Unrelated, is there a way to edit event presets? Would be nice to be able to add, edit, save and select custom ones.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

List of favorite tracks and cars: I would like to add tracks and cars to a "favorite list". There are so many cars and tracks, and I would like to be able to label some as my favorites for quicker access.

More than 4 weather slots:Why only 4?

Bigger chances for rain when selecting random weather:I love the idea of random weather, but it seems when I select random, it almost never rains. It would be nice to set the chance of rain maybe in %.

Save during race!!

Change pit options while still in the pit:
    I did a long race, 2h 40min of Le Mans, and once I forgot to change my pit strategy from tires to tires and fuel! I only realized it while I was already in the pit. I was so low on fuel that I couldn't finish another lap and got DQF. It would be nice to change the tires or add fuel while I still stand in the pit to correct those errors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Based on Game Build: All
    Request Title: Opponents names key always active
    Description: The show/hide opponnents names key only works accordingly to multi/single player selection in GAMEPLAY.
    My proposal: the GAMEPLAY menu determines the initial state, but it can always be changed with the binded key.
    Benefits: Why not? ;)

9. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

Option to remove the headless driver
    The headless driver's body inside the cockpit is useful for VR, but can be quite annoying when you adjust the driving position on TV. I wish there was a way to turn it off.

10. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

You can turn it off: Options, Gameplay, Display, Cockpit Wheel/Driver
    You can select if you want no driver, or even no wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

Redo the whole multiplayer and do like iracing or rf2. Keeping the current one is like having a castrated sim. All this potential and it is never properly exploited, a real waste.

12. twistking

twistking Member

High beams need to be synced in Multiplayer. If performance is a concern, maybe other players light range for both low and high beams could be shortened a bit compared to local player. The important aspect is, for the high beams to be usable as headlamp flasher in MP.

13. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

What about allowing us to choose/change pitstop strategies while the game is paused, that would be a big help.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

Now that we have high beams, why not have a dedicated flasher as well. Especially in multi class racing this is used a lot and immersion would highly benefit when this option would be integrated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. herakles

herakles Member

Based on Game Build: 1.5.5.1.2498.AVX
    Request Title: Include Infos in Shared Memory
    Description: Include these Infos in Shared Memory:

* ARB front
    * ARB rear
    * Brake distribution
    * Fuel mixture
    * Weight distribution
    * Fuel mapping
    * Active Suspension Reaction
    * Active suspension damping

Benefits: More infos for drivers using external hardware and/or telemetry.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I understand the immersion factor and it would be great to see the result in game-play and replays but, I would ask: Does the AI care? :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Not yet at least. But I think it would be cool if flashing the lights could force a check for slower classes or blue-flagged cars if they would try and make space for you (likely) or provoke some kind of reaction out of a same class vehicle that's racing you for positions (i.e. most likely to ignore you, small chance to force an error, small chance to let you pass more easily if you are very close and your pace is sufficient, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. twistking

twistking Member

We need a way to map Turbo/PushToPass and DRS to a single button.
    It's stupid to have to map two individual keys on my wheel for functions that aren't even used a lot (depends on your favorite car classes of course).

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. mach999

mach999 New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.5.5.1.2498.AVX

Request Title: Option to bind a button for Neutral

Description: Just as it says. All other major sims have this function. I assume it's not very difficult to add this function?

Benefits: To have a more realistic sequential gearbox behaviour. More importantly when you spin off track in a higher gear, instead of trying to quickly shift down all the way from 6th or 7th to 1st, or even worse, to Reverse, you just push the Neutral button, like racers do in reality (sometimes a neutral lock lever of some sort). What makes it worse right now is you can NOT put it in N unless the car is (almost) fully stopped. Very frustrating at times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

you could have a workaround with simhub, I prefer to have separate buttons for the functions, as I use the input profiles of the game to match the different steering wheels I use, matching the car…