1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.2.0 RELEASED - Now updated to v1.1.2.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Fixed version number still displaying as v1.1.2.4 in main menu instead of v1.1.2.5
    • Stock Car 2020/2021: Revised tire carcass physics, suspension rates, front splitter aero; reduced default caster; Minor adjustment to FFB max force
    • Stock Car Cruze 2019: Stiffer damper default damper rates; Minor adjustment to FFB max force
    • Increased FFB smootheness in 60s TC cars
    • Minor Group C soft tire tread adjustment
    • SuperV8: Minor tire carcass adjustment, CoG height reduction
    • Spa-Francorchamps: Added some remaining minor trackside objects; missing start lights
    • Brands Hatch: Fixed trackside cameras not working in Indy layout
    • Further trackside advertising updates for Stock Car tracks
    • StockCar Corolla 20/21: Removed Suzuki driver name sticker from steering wheel
    • Fruther trackside advertising work for Stock Car tracks
    SV8 CoG height reduction - This i am looking forward to...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Coanda

sh!t i posted from the wrong account.. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

One more build hotfixing the hotfix, same version number as no change in exe (other than correcting the version number itself).. This should be it now until the update later this month :)

• Fixed version number still displaying as v1.1.2.4 in main menu instead of v1.1.2.5
    • Stock Car 2020/2021: Revised tire carcass physics, suspension rates, front splitter aero; reduced default caster; Minor adjustment to FFB max force
    • Stock Car Cruze 2019: Stiffer damper default damper rates; Minor adjustment to FFB max force
    • Increased FFB smootheness in 60s TC cars
    • Minor Group C soft tire tread adjustment
    • Further F-Retro tire tread adjustments
    • SuperV8: Minor tire carcass adjustment, CoG height reduction
    • Spa-Francorchamps: Added some remaining minor trackside objects; missing start lights
    • Brands Hatch: Fixed trackside cameras not working in Indy layout
    • Further trackside advertising updates for Stock Car tracks
    • StockCar Corolla 20/21: Removed Suzuki driver name sticker from steering wheel
    • Further trackside advertising work for Stock Car tracks

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah ... any criticism of the Formula Retro cars is clearly down to my capabilities as a driver and me liking easy to drive cars - that's why Reiza have just now put out a hotfix that changes the Formula Retro tire behaviour, because it was obviously already spot on.

After all, there's absolutely no way that someone is able to drive something just fine, but still feels like the implementation of said car is lacking.

But of course, physics are judged by your abilty to get a car around Adelaide, and not by, y'know, physics.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Coanda

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the updates keep on coming! Another small one today with notes, and then another even smaller one just popped up (im talking KB's) with no notes. Great stuff Reiza!

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V much looking forward to the end of the month aswell! V8's feel great BTW!

9. Coanda

Anyone else getting black lines in turn 3 at Interlagos outer..?

I came to a complete stop to show you what I see.. It was not like this before tonight's hotfix.

ams2_interlagos_outer_black_lines.jpeg

10. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Chem trails! @Coanda :eek::D Joking aside, I'd have a look but can't get on the gaming rig at the mo.

Oh and very much interested in testing the below out, previously it felt like my wheel was going to implode. Hopefully this helps.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Coanda

12. sk8

sk8 Member

Nice update, the porsche's feel quite different in a good way.

Though just lost ffb completely.
    And then crashed to desktop.
    :eek:

13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The new sounds update are amazing indeed!! The Porsche 962C and Sauber C9 now have this "turbo" kicking-in sound and turn those cars "alive"!!

14. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I think they are perceived to be the worst because you have lots of things happening at once.
    First at low speeds when you accelerate you have this imo unrealistic torque to the side (I have not seen it in any real footage) creating this unbalance especially in corners where you have to modulate the power. Then you also get when you accelerate the front that is rising very much which creates even more instability in the corners and massive understeer.
    It basically creates a few things at once that imo need to be fixed overall in the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy, it's time to come back home and jumping into cockpit. So many things have changed (since sunday).
    By the way, does the F-Retro have a new cockpit dashboard? Which car is this?

But @Coanda, how is it possible that you post something which is written 50 minutes later by Renato? :confused::confused:

16. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Beta backers have access to the beta branch on steam and the forum. Renato posts changelogs for beta builds for us to test before release.

17. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Retros don't handle that different now than on release especially during cornering. When a car looks more like a dragster than a modern F1, it probably inherit handling-characteristics of a dragster as well, so very low front grip on the throttle and even off. Rear-tyres also don't steer and with this tread width there is only one possible option to rotate a car designed like that: with locking diff on the throttle-drift like a kart. I'm seconds off the pace compare to the fastest Retro-drivers that are proof enough that those cars can be managed, but they need lot of practice even with the right skills. And as a reminder: These are the 74-cars, not the 76's in AC. They made huge technology-steps at that time and iirc the 79-cars are planned for the future. They should be very different animals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Hi all.
    G27.
    Deleted folder in "my documents" and now the wheel works.
    Unfortunately "custom files settings" wont recognized. I delte the official one, put in that folder a custom setting, play with AMS2 and, when I check the "my documents" folder i found two files ffb.settings: the sim has generated a new "original file" and dont "read" the custom one.
    It's right?
    Thx in advance.

19. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Do you have real footage of the 74 cars? I want to see this torque pulling to the side. Because it seems massive now, and I don't think that was the case in real life. The same with group c.

20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

"So I consider this car (the Sauber) completely undrivable in AMS2 - hehe and without any resemblance with any existing car in RL".

A video would help enormously to show from yourself and others the problems you and others
    encounter pls try again. Im am currious what changed to make it harder it has had some polish since 1st March as show in log