Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

I would argue that the MP sim environment is already pretty much saturated and anything they do to MP is unlikely to drive hoards of new users to the sim.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Perhaps Reiza could BOP just the GT3 cars for Spa as that is all that seems to be run in most sims online

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can read more and comment about future plans here:
    Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update
    See this quote from the first post:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, it would help keep the users coming back to ams2 for sure, which would be a good starting point, and then see where it takes ams2 in the future, i know numerous people that abandoned ams2 because of the issues in MP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

And yet people like @Tarmac Terrorist and Sim Racing Bible regularly host events without issues.

I know numerous people that have come to AMS2 because of the excellent SP experience, myself included.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, but they use an ingame created lobby, if you run a league, you want to use the dedi server, as that registers incidents and results, also the p2p system is as good as its weakest link, if you have one or 2 people in with a extreme high ping, this can cause issues for others in the lobby.

you cant kick/ban people unless you run a dedicated server as well

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The former.

8. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I cannot recommend this highly enough.
    He goes over new things in the sim, tries them out, we interact back and forth.
    Frequent racing with the Fuscas and other random combos. Mostly nice, close racing and I don't remember any major issues on the MP side of things.

For me, the MP is fine, I'm a casual online guy.
    I understand that for people looking to spend time in a serious competition, well they're left wanting for some features and fixes, I get it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

..and online the not working rearview mirrors in vr still persist

10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They work for me.

11. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dedi servers are awful still in AMS2

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what you say is false, because in the first place if REIZA performs a working MP, currently it is the only SIM that allows you to create real conditions and real weather on the track, and in addition the only one that comes close to simulating as many different conditions that can happen thanks also to the LT 3.0. So the Leagues and not only would use only the real weather, not giving the possibility to practice with setup miles on miles, with weather already preset weeks before. It would be revolutionary in the SIM field.

there are a lot of players playing in MP, don't feel touched, because you are afraid that they will spend less time for you to enjoy, but it is an area they need to fix. Sadly most people who play online don't consider AMS2 a good deal, there are too many problems.

I've read everything and followed AMS2 since before launch, but I think even with a little they would have fixed the current MP. It was enough to identify the ping quality they give a value for each P2P session or server, filter the games with the region they belong to using only the USA or EURO, ASIA, so that users from other continents do not ruin the p2p games because they have pings from 400-500ms. It didn't take much to insert basic functions, I don't think they had to upset, plus they could work regularly. I'm a fan of AMS2, but currently AMS2 has great physics and FFB but in MP it's unworkable, both in leagues and in evening P2P games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We have been running leagues for over a year and apart from the odd disconnect ( hasn’t happened much lately ) we haven’t really experienced any issues. We have players from all over Europe and host it ingame every week.
    Does it need improvements obviously but to call it unworkable isn’t exactly accurate

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

It's an opinion, I wasn't stating a fact. Despite what you have mentioned I still don't think it will bring in a huge number of players. I wouldn't be foolish enough to argue it won't bring in any at all. Oh and if you are talking about leagues then you are talking about an even smaller minority of people. I would expect that the majority of online racers are players that drop in casually on servers rather than being members of a league.

and yet here we are many years in development and Reiza still seem to be doing well financially with a "terrible" MP experience in place. Just because it is something you want doesn't mean it makes financial sense for them to invest the time and money into, especially when it can be spent on other areas of the sim that make it unique rather than just another one of the herd.

Just to be clear, I am not saying they shouldn't do anything to the MP side of things. I'm just not convinced that it will be the magic bullet leading to sim nirvana for us and Reiza that most of the MP advocates on here seem to think.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Due the game engine, its not as simple as turning on features by changing a 0 to a 1, its a whole lot of work to get any new feature and we cant ever expect needed esports features like stewarding and good broadcasting modes because it could literally take years

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Exactly this

17. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What's new about this RC that came out today?

18. tsumo

tsumo New Member

I think adding ballast and restrictor options that you can adjust per car would be a good, yet still kind of possible solution to this problem. If you're running a 10 lap online race it doesn't really matter if this one car (which we will call car A) is good on tires and the rest aren't, cause its, y'know, 10 laps. Allowing people to BoP the other cars available to have the same pace over 10 laps as car A would still have people picking car A cause they like how it handles, even if by default its much slower per lap.

On the other hand, if car A is much faster over 60 laps, well, no worries, you can add ballast or a restrictor to it so it has the same pace over 60 laps as all the other cars available. No worries about Reiza BoP'ing the cars in a way that isn't quite right for your combination of track and race settings, you can just adjust it yourself.

Having both ballast and restrictor options also allows you to keep the handling characteristics of different cars intact. Put some ballast on a Mercedes GT3 and a restrictor on a Porsche GT3, and the cars can run the same pace over the distance of the race, while the Porsche is still a better car in corners, and the Mercedes is still faster on the straights. Or you can run the opposite to equalize the cars on a per sector basis.

You're also able to do touring car style handicaps for drivers who won the previous race if you so wish. Or put restrictor plates on a CART car and have pack racing at Indy if you want.

No need for Reiza to try and BoP the cars for a whole selection of tracks and race distances, and no need for people who want a bit more immersion to run with BoP'd cars.
    Don't know how hard it'd be to implement for AMS2 specifically, especially when its per car, but I hope they take a shot at adding some adjustable BoP options like this.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Yeh I think this is the most sensible and likely option much like you can do in Content Manager with AC. The only thing that could be tricky is whether you are just making it heavier or genuinely adding ballast which would obviously need dedicated places on the car where it could be put without massively compromising the handling/physics. You can't just dump the equivalent of a sack of cement under the driver :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that the Madness Engine isn't so easy to implement, but I'll give you an example, basic functions that are on pCARS2 on AMS2 aren't there, example: skipping sessions isn't present, set two races at the same time or restart session either.
    In addition, the function of hunting users doesn't work, that is i mean also the functions present on pCARS2 aren't here.
    Mine is a constructive criticism, because at the time of pCARS2 many WMD users like me complained about it, and little has been done.

• Like Like x 1