Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Wow man, I just changed the overall scrub scale to 0.8, front scrub to 1.4 and rear 0.9 but crucially the lambdas to 0.4 and 0.35 respectively. With your new self alignment force, this should be the default ffb feeling in any sim. This give you the higher frequency scrubs, more akin to ACC, and a very distinct rear scrub, perfect to control oversteer. Just great tx. The word should be spread far and wide

• Like Like x 3
  2. unabalaverde58

unabalaverde58 New Member

Try this setting from fanatec. I also have a csl dd 8nm bass
    with settings in games 65/00/20/00 as recommended by Joaquim with are FFB V11.
    I have a very good feeling of maximum hardness without clipping when adjusting the ffb in car. in linear mode a little less power as if I had a 5nm base.
    I also made adjustments in Joaquim's ffb notebook (I just changed the overall scrub scale to 0.8, the front scrub to 1.4 and the rear scrub to 0.9 but especially the lambdas to 0 .4 and 0.35 respectively)
    as recommended by Marnus Zwarts
    the car slips less. in terms of sensation it's close to the RF2 but I'll let you test it I don't have much experience, I used the recommended settings for RF2 for the fanatec 8nm from the site forum.studio-397.com and that's it. seems to work for Ams2 too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

As an experiment, yesterday I removed micro details completly and I has thinking about rising scrub frequencies (in both custom FFB and my seat haptics). I'll try your settings, perhaps that's what I need and it's already done ;)!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With simagic alpha, using the same nm force base and ingame settings like you, with porsche gte, cadillac lmdh, mclaren gt3 etc, the wheel ondulates a lot. Not like heavy shaking from default settings but the wheel movement is still there...
    The more the speed, more and heavyer the ondulation movement on the wheel. Also, if I use a havier wheel (i use a gt3 and a rounded heavy shape wheel), the ondulations are a lot quieter.

5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I noticed that in the default custom file there is a line for min force. Does this work differently than low force boost?
    If so what are the differences?

Edit: after a bit of research I found the answer. They are indeed different. Min force sets the percentage of where forces start and low force boost changes the linearity of the FFB curve.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  6. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

General advice (me included) using TM driver/firmware updates.
    The update process overwhrite TM control panel settings to the fabric default.

JP v11 was giving terrible rattles to my TM TX till I dicovered the real culprit, and now I can feel the beauty of JP11.

Edit: Sorry, too much joint and rattles yet, my TX looks like my old G25. Editing, while come back to v10 is an option.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  7. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Comparing to your v10 the FFB in v11 is a lot rougher and has more oscillations on my Asetek Invicta base.

So i changed the following parameters in v11 ...
    Code:
    (scrub_scale_front 1.4)
    (scrub_scale_rear 2.0)
    (rack (* rack_scaled vehicle_ffb_gain 1.5))

...back to the values in v10.
    Code:
    (scrub_scale_front 1.4)
    (scrub_scale_rear 1.5)
    (rack (* rack_scaled vehicle_ffb_gain))

For me it feels better with these values. Less twitchy and not that much overwhelming tire scrub effects.

8. jtortosen

These values changes or fixes the oscilations? Because with my Simagic Alpha the oscilations are big and heavier XD (v11)

9. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not really fixing it, but lesser oscillations.

10. jtortosen

I think the oscillations are produced by something physical in the geometry or the car that translates to the FFB, as well as the dead or empty centre area that is felt. The oscillations at low speed are not noticeable (although the FFB graph shows noise or signal), but when you accelerate up to a certain speed the oscillations become present and very strong, and when you brake, the whole duration of braking, the steering wheel oscillates even more beastly.

11. lm79

lm79 New Member

Hey guys, I just got my Clubsport DD and I have two questions:

- I am running the base in CSW 2.5 compatibility mode; will there be direct support in a later update?
    - The options are, compared to my Thrustsmaster 300, pretty overwhelming. How do I set the Force Feedback up? For the time being, I just did this:
    upload_2024-2-29_11-12-49.png
    Is that ok? Do I have to make any ingame settings so that what is in Fanalab is actually conveyed to or adapted by AMS2?

I mainly drive Formula 1 cars from Lotus 98T to McLaren MP 4/8, should that be relevant.

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK compatibility mode doesn’t matter. Set the force feedback up using the tuning menu. Fanalab auto does everything

13. lm79

lm79 New Member

So that is correct?
    upload_2024-2-29_13-22-23.png

Regarding the compatibility, if I do not put the base in comp mode, AMS2 will not recognize the wheel.

14. Racinglegend1234

Seems so and I agree with the compatibility issues. What FFB are you using?

15. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And if you have the time, try also to filter false positive ABS as it adds a lot of unwanted reactions to the wheel.
    I know false positives are Reiza's responsbility, anyway if you can by pass it'll be good.

Edit: Using Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 4.0 Default setup at Indianapolis - Road Course
    Edit2: False positives at coasting phase and reaccelerating, no brakes at all.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  16. lm79

lm79 New Member

I don't understand the question what FFB I am using :D. It is a Fanatec Clubsport DD w McLaren GT3 V2 wheel.

17. Racinglegend1234

Are you using default, default+ or custom FFB?

18. lm79

lm79 New Member

"Default+" sounds familiar to me, although I do not remember where I saw it - where can I look that up?

19. Racinglegend1234

Send a screenshot of your FFB settings in AMS2

20. muzarati

muzarati Member

I'm trying to soften the feel of the kerbs, anyone know what this line does?
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.03)