1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I would suggest getting set up with the Karstens standard 4.6. original high end file.
    it was made on a Simucube after all, and there's some suggested settings in zip

once your comfortable with it, then try some others,
    Delta V2 is popular, V3 is still Beta for a now.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

thanks a lot,

you just pointed me to the right direction with Karsten file. I just have little bit more Gain (80) and little less damping (40) than your in Game settings right now but rest is similar and your 2 parameters tweaking in the FFB file are also good

@Kuku Maddog

with Karsten file, I get this wheel centering speed that was missing in your own adjustments. I guess we are all different in expectations and how comfortable we feel with FFB but I wanted to give you this feedback just so you understand even better my comments in my original post about my wheel feeling kind of lifeless/sluggish with your parameters.
    again, I hope you don't take it personally

3. Kuku Maddog

no issue
    ive already made mention that the centering strength is too low in V3 beta.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thrustmaster TS 300
    No matter which custom file I use, I have no feeling for the center of the wheel, especially with cars which love to bounce like rabbits as the Formula V_12. Do not have these problems with any other Sim (RF2, AC, RRE). When I increase the FFB Boost, the wheel just feels heavier and gets more snappy, but the feeling for the center still is bad. Is there any line within the custom ffb files where I can change that?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  5. TKracer

TKracer Member

Hey this feels great! I do notice I get some heavy oscillations on straights at high speed. I think I've seen a few other people talk about this. I am going to play around with dampening to see if I can mitigate it .

But thank you for a great starter!

6. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

That's for the Kuku v3 of Rfuktor 4.6.

The different files through the times have varying parameters that influence this "center-deadness" it seems.
    There is no reason your TS300 should suffer from this in ams2, I'm currently on a slightly modded TS300.
    What is required I find, is trial and error, and try some of the many, many different files out there.
    I've had the same custom one for a while now, and I'm loving it, very rFactor-y.
    I used to have a Mega account, but if you know an easy way to share the file I will gladly help you out.
    Or just PM me, I'll attach it to an email.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@GearNazi you can just attach it here using the "Upload a File" button. It's just below the text input box.

I'm sure lots of people would be interested in trying it out. Other people's tunes are the best thing about this whole thread. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

https://easyupload.io/ is an opportunity. No registration required.

9. GearNazi

As soon as I get home...

• Like Like x 1
  10. GearNazi

https://easyupload.io/kke0q0

So much has been tweaked back and forth with this one, I've no idea where it even came from.
    It's a mish-mash of different peoples' work.
    I use 100 gain, ZERO lfb(sometimes 10/15, but I find it introduces a weird friction that doesn't feel natural to me...)and 50 FX. Damping isn't my cup of tea either, but I set it to 30/35-ish sometimes on cars with power steering.
    I try new files frequently, but I always end up missing this one.
    Switched back and forth between this and the default ffb, and found it to be an absolute horror show?!(Sorry Reiza!)
    Something is really off with that, though it seems to work lots better with the newer cars, that can't be a coincidence, right?
    Another thing I've noticed is that though it feels weighty, my t300's motor doesn't heat up nearly as much as with most other files I've tried. Which is good, I'm after wheel weight, not friction.
    TM settings are as they should be at 100/100/0/0, the spring and damper settings being at zero.

In the end it's all a matter of taste, but I believe this one serves us belt-plebians really well.
    Let me know...

• Like Like x 1
  11. GearNazi

I must remember that... Shows how much I really share on this forum.:confused:
    It's up on easyupload now.
    And I completely agree, other people's tinkering is the absolute business.
    If we were to be stuck with the default FFB, I don't think I'd have 1400hrs in ams2 by a long shot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

will give this a go now, thanks for sharing it here. I've actually been meaning to give the default another go recently it's been ages since I've tried it.

Anyway have been driving the G58 and Dpi a lot lately and found the steering in these high downforce cars to feel quite light with Kuku's most recent file in comparison to the last version I was using. Anyway it will be interesting to do some comparison. I should really dive into tweaking the file myself but time is scarce at the moment!

• Like Like x 1
  13. GearNazi

Funny, I tried the Kuku V3 yesterday, and found it a little light as well, but informative and nimble and easy/quick to rotate, which Kuku has explained to me some time ago that he likes things this way.
    But this being the case, and the default ffb seemingly so designed as to keep you on the wrong foot at all times(I'm being cruel with Reiza now:p), you should really find my "Frankenfile" to be a nice compromise in attributes we generally seem to look for in our ffb.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot! Will give it a try. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The file is a normal Karsten 4.6 Fix ... with some tunings different from the original but the same ... with regard to the center, only the increase in centering to 0.85 is detectable, a slight change to the center full ...

centering 0.85............................................. original 0.50

and the lines of code are identical except for only two lines relating to the center which have been changed in the value from 25 to 12 and precisely:

(angle_d_l2 (* angle_d_l 12)).............. original 25
    (angle_d_r2 (* angle_d_r 12))............. original 25

The file was modified by @LE GAULOIS

And it can be downloaded the original in the following post here ...

Thanks @GearNazi for reminding me this ... I want to try again only these two lines of code that I have never tested in my file. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

I think i will delete both of the posts with two different betas of V3 as it’s confusing people by the looks, and i haven’t got the feedback i needed.
    I’ve got a mix of different strength versions of what will be the last version of Delta to upload this weekend before i remove my t300 from service with Simagic Alpha mini to be installed in place next week.
    I’m looking forward to the extra power and fidelity as trying to get strength and smooth low friction rotation out of low end belt wheel is a challenge without saturation of details.

• Like Like x 4
  17. GearNazi

Oof?! That Alpha Mini looks the business too...
    I have that upgrade slated for Q1 or Q2 of next year, but my propensity for sticking to these projections are almost as bad as Reiza!(I'm done now, no seriously, it's... It's gone now, all good.)
    It's the one item with our hobby I've been putting off forever, primarily because it gets real expensive so quickly, and it turns me into a greedy monster with the extra rims, the "why not spring for a Podium or top-of-the-line Simucube, and get some buttkickers or a motion-seat while we're at it!".
    But in the end I need to just come back to earth and find some good value, price/performance proposition.
    Or.... The trusty T300rs simply gets involved in a work related accident.:whistle:

HmoeWAHAAHAAAA! *What was that honey?*
    Nothing dear...:cool:

18. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Hi I'm a bit confused with what Custom Ffb file I need to download for Ts Pc Racer .I had a good one last year but everything has been updated since thankyou

19. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

try this file i use for t500 rs

Attached Files:

20. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Thankyou